• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

How does the Ram Paladin Weapon Work?

DeletedUser

I understand that the Paladin joins the largest group with its respective weapon, but from what I understand, rams are not calculated into overall provisions in the same manner infantry, cavalry, and archers are...

So if I equip Carol's Morning Star, how does the boost get applied? Does the Paladin help the rams attack the wall more effectively before the battle and THEN join the largest group?

A definitive answer to this would be fantastic.

DeletedUser

Can not wait for this answer....It's right up there with "How does Vasco's Sceptor get calculated?" and "How does Aletheia's Bonfire get calculated?" as nobody has been able to explain any of these three to me...

DeletedUser

I don't understand, aren't the people who CREATED this game on these forums to give us answers to these types of questions?

DeletedUser61

Hi Skycutter,

Regarding the battle system our developers created a video to help better explain this:

DeletedUser

A) they keep the battle system under wraps for the fun parts.
B) As it says, it adds a % to the atk, if we knew the wall/ram formula (See above) we could easily add that in, i thought i figured it out one week, but ugh reports that laughed at me came in

DeletedUser

Hi Skycutter,

Regarding the battle system our developers created a video to help better explain this:

Coolnite, I appreciate your response, but I've watched the combat tutorial twice already and not once does it:

(A) Include rams in an example
(B) Talk about how siege units are calculated in a battle as far as total provisions
(C) Explain how a Paladin interacts with Siege weapons when it has a siege weapon equipped.

Do you understand what I am asking for? Because I know your info is limited as a moderator and not a developer, but I am hoping that you or another moderator can get a SOLID answer as to how these interact...from a developer.

EDIT: The Paladin weapon (25% increase to ram damage) could really swing the tides even at level 1 if the Paladin ACTUALLY fights with the rams at the start. That is what I am wondering, will the Paladin join the rams before the fight?

DeletedUser

No, he doesn't join them,
one of the updates made rams join the largest group as well, was sad seeing rams die on wall when u send no axe

DeletedUser

My understanding was level 20 wall is 1420(see video), and its divided evenly by the levels so 71 points per, divide this by the rams atk (base 2) u get how many rams need to trash a level, rounded up (36 at 100% combat)
However this doesn't always add up, so i believe in addition to this, the rams, if they survive the inf combat group (and are a part of it maybe?) they than damage the wall again as part of the next group (cav), and than a final time (archer)

DeletedUser

Or i was told wrong and the points of the wall is not dividedevenly, making it harder to drop a wall from 20 to 19than 5 to 1

DeletedUser255

Coolnite, I appreciate your response, but I've watched the combat tutorial twice already and not once does it:

(A) Include rams in an example
(B) Talk about how siege units are calculated in a battle as far as total provisions
(C) Explain how a Paladin interacts with Siege weapons when it has a siege weapon equipped.

Do you understand what I am asking for? Because I know your info is limited as a moderator and not a developer, but I am hoping that you or another moderator can get a SOLID answer as to how these interact...from a developer.

EDIT: The Paladin weapon (25% increase to ram damage) could really swing the tides even at level 1 if the Paladin ACTUALLY fights with the rams at the start. That is what I am wondering, will the Paladin join the rams before the fight?
The point is this is the official word from the developers on how the battle system works beyond information gathered on the wiki. There is no other solid information. Everything else will have to be made up of conjecture and experience.

The Paladin travels with the largest group of troops, but this should not be mistaken for boosting the troops. The paladin boosts whatever troop weapon type he carries. I believe traveling with the largest group type is nothing more than a survival calculation, which if it is doesn't serve much purpose. The only further meaning this MIGHT have, is if he gets a boost from the weapon himself IF he is traveling with that group. It would be difficult to test that though.

As for rams and catapults. They are affected by the fighting strength in their efficiency, which means if you are fighting at 50% strength they will be doing half the damage to the target. So there is never going to be just one straight calculation or even a table for damage like tw1 had for what you need to take down a wall or a building because you will never attack at 100% consistently. The fighting strength will be a variable affecting the damage done by siege weapons.

Of course, this is simply my own observation and may not even be accurate.

There are 4 main sections/timings to a battle:
-Trebs kill rams.
-Rams lower walls.
-Troops fight (which iirc is mostly what the video focuses on).
-Cats damage buildings and surviving rams lower walls again.

DeletedUser

Of course, this is simply my own observation and may not even be accurate.

There are 4 main sections/timings to a battle:
-Trebs kill rams.
-Rams lower walls.
-Troops fight (which iirc is mostly what the video focuses on).
-Cats damage buildings and surviving rams lower walls again.

So from your experience or how you interpret it is the Rams attack after the Trebs but before the troops and again after the troops and with the Cats?

DeletedUser

I agree with most that, however i personal notice a wide range of damage my rams do on cities with no trebs, and a very similiar %
I.E: walls have been knocked down to 15, 12, and even as low as 9 as i lost with 500 rams

DeletedUser

I was under the impression from the video that the Paladin weapon only boosts the troops he fights with... So I've misunderstood that? He boosts all troops no matter what group is the largest group?

DeletedUser

He always boosts the troops of the weapons he wield, and fight with the biggest group, the two are independant of each other

DeletedUser

He always boosts the troops of the weapons he wield, and fight with the biggest group, the two are independant of each other

Ah...okay, I misunderstood his functioning. I was under the impression that he only boosts the units in the group he fights with. Thanks for the clarity here. That answers my question then.