• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

In-Game Custom Profile Picture

DeletedUser

This isn't some huge or significant change just a small minor addition I think would be nice to have. Just like here in forums you may upload a picture to be your profile pic, the idea is to make it the same in-game. Since the avatars haven't changed at all since tw2 started, and I am seeing more and more players just not choose one period, I was wondering that maybe there could be another option when choosing and avatar. Like If I wanted to bring my Forum Profile Pic into the game, I could go into the edit profile options and simply upload the picture to the slot instead of choosing a default avatar pic.

This would make each account more diverse than the last one and help distinguish different players from one another as there are hundreds and thousands of active players with only 61 options to choose from.

Also I am terrible at describing things so I hope this was some what understandable.

DeletedUser2441

I understand completely what you're saying. I think the only downside to this is that some players would use vulgar or inappropriate images for their avatar. I think that may actually be the biggest issue as well as copy right infringement with photos.

DeletedUser

Ya thats reasonable. I was thinking along the lines of how when players have vulgar village names, mods can come in and change the name right? Same thing with the pic.

DeletedUser

Along with an email or something letting them know about the pic change and why

DeletedUser2441

Now you're just making me blush cokky. :p

Cruncher, that is a good idea but it's totally up to the devs to make the ultimate decision. I think it would be a nice refresh for the game.

DeletedUser2228

Beez that picture makes me want to go home and divorce my wife. LOL and this is a good idea the mods could always put a ban on anyone using a vulgar picture. they ban for lesser things and it is up to them as to what is considered vulgar

DeletedUser2441

Oh BG, ever the jokester sir. ;) What is banned is pretty much your basic ideas of what is inappropriate. If you have questions as to if it's inappropriate it probably is inappropriate. But I'm sure you all can imagine the sorts of pictures that could/would be used. :eek:

That's not the biggest issue. It's taking pictures from the internet that are copyrighted. We can't tell if images are violating copyright infringements and that's a whole other barrel of monkeys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2228

who me...a jokester....never! i take offence to that and hope that next time you please refer me as Mr Jokester. and i stand by what i say. you say the word and i will divorce my old woman, hop in the car and probably have a heartattack trying to get there. this old man cant run (or walk) as far as he use to

DeletedUser2441

I apologize Mr Jokester for my previous mistake by addressing you informally. And calm yourself before the old lady has your head! lol

DeletedUser

I have a question then, if you can't tell whats the difference between an illegally copied pic, or a custom made one, why have that option here but not in game? Don't both sites fall under the same owners and rules? Therefor should be given the same equal chance in my opinion. But I do see your concerns, just I also see some holes in that idea.

DeletedUser1478

I assume it has to do with the game is a product of them that they profit off of. Everything in the game Innogames claims property of i believe thus what you see in standard ToS on games. This forum is not the game and they don't profit off the forum. There is probably more in depth legality but thats what lawyers are for haha.

DeletedUser2441

A while back they did wipe a large portion of forum images. Hence why I began using my own photo.

DeletedUser

Ok well I think this would be a nice casual update, obviously it needs some tweaks but whatever. Thanks for the feedback.