• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Malware being passed in messaging!

DeletedUser

BigD on Bastille sent me this in-game message which connects with a non-TW2 site that my system blocked as malware. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW LINK from message. I think that warrants a ban. Well I guess this is a No go, I see that you are playing Tribal Hugs anyways. NAP's for days How are you going to grow. http://donotfollowww,tribalhugs,com

DeletedUser

I think that's not a malware, maybe just a joke site. In any case, be careful when clicking in external links. This makes me think about implementing a way to know what link you are clicking on before clicking on it. Just to make things safer. I'll pass this to the developers. Thank you for the indirect suggestion. :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response.I guess it is subjective, but I was under the impression that malware (even if a joke) sites would qualify under the following Communications prohibition, to wit:
  • It is forbidden to advertise competitors' games, post inappropriate content or links to such. For example links to moneymaking sites, links to phishingsites or links to other games.
While I certainly agree with your warning about the safety of outside links and posted this only because is was flagged as malware, I seriously doubt that you support the use of your game as a platform for those that would develop malware, identity thieves, et al. The other thing that occurred to me if that the player that sent this identified knowledge of NAP duration, which, unless posted, is not available and thus may only be determined through some form of scripting, which I understood may be prohibited as well. Just trying to make sure we are all playing by the same rules. I appreciate your review.

DeletedUser

You are right, I'm sorry about that. I'm gonna look into it. Thanks for the report again.