• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Mass recruitment feature

DeletedUser2081

Hi ,
I think this feature right now does little to help with "Mass recruitment " , The description of this feature is " One has to select the villages and enter the final number of units he/she wishes to have in all the villages , example , if all the villages have 400 axes , one should enter 1000 to recruit 600 axes " but it is nearly impossible to have the same number (with in a practical range of not more than 1000-1500 apart) of units in all / most of the villages , not sure if this feature is intended to be used this way . IMHO , just changing this feature to recruit a number of units will help immensely , save a lot of time for queuing troops or i am using this feature in an incorrect manner !! thoughts ??

DeletedUser2207

Idk...I actually like this feature as is. I make a tag for my MA nuke vill, and just put in how many of what unit I want total...click the button, and it recruits. Same for defense vills, HC capable defense vills, Axe nuke, etc...While not every vill has the same provisions, once you get to a certain number of vills, it barely matters. Plus you can relocate as needed. This is seriously a time saver and then some if you think about it

DeletedUser465

I find it to be quite useful indeed when you have 100s of villages.
In the early game sure, it's not really needed, but it wasn't really built to help the early game, was built to help your tons of village count.

DeletedUser

Due to it's inability to balance resources as requested by me multiple times, Mass recruit is worthless. It'll go in troop order and spit out 7000 spear for example rather than splitting up Spear and Sword build based upon available resources.

DeletedUser465

So instead of working around that, you're reply is it's worthless. How very coldog of you.

DeletedUser2207

Due to it's inability to balance resources as requested by me multiple times, Mass recruit is worthless. It'll go in troop order and spit out 7000 spear for example rather than splitting up Spear and Sword build based upon available resources.
So be smart about it...not all that hard to start with 500sp, 750 sw, 750 ar (for example) and bump it up as you progress through your build. Working with a feature as it is, instead of complaining that it isn't exactly what you want it to be. Though I do agree that it would be better with the rss usage being balanced instead...it's not impossible to use the feature and it's still more convenient than going vill to vill once you get up there in vill counts.

DeletedUser

So instead of working around that, you're reply is it's worthless. How very coldog of you.
Considering how bad of a player you are, Why are you talking? I'd rather que troops city by city than use a broken system. I pointed out the flaws over a year ago. There has been no update to fix it, let alone to fix everything else that's wrong with this game.

DeletedUser465

Considering how bad of a player you are, Why are you talking? I'd rather que troops city by city than use a broken system. I pointed out the flaws over a year ago. There has been no update to fix it, let alone to fix everything else that's wrong with this game.

Speaking on your years of experience on who I am as a player? Oh wait, you have no idea. Thanks. :p
I know plenty of people who would argue your silly claims however I really don't need to prove myself to someone like you my dear.
As for my comment yeah, you would rather go thru 300 cities 1 by 1...oh that's because you never had that many...gotcha.
<3's and stuff.

DeletedUser2081

So be smart about it...not all that hard to start with 500sp, 750 sw, 750 ar (for example) and bump it up as you progress through your build. Working with a feature as it is, instead of complaining that it isn't exactly what you want it to be. Though I do agree that it would be better with the rss usage being balanced instead...it's not impossible to use the feature and it's still more convenient than going vill to vill once you get up there in vill counts.

I think you are suggesting to relocate the same number of troops from every village ? I think that level of organization will effect ones game play as this game has a lot of surprise element attached to it , you never know what troops you want to use and from where , some times i just have 1-2 mins to just send support , i just send them from different villages randomly . other than that way i don't think what coldog has pointed out can be worked out , you will have to spend countless hours to organize your villages to get the same number of troops in every village (or closer with other villages with in a practical range of 1000-1500 ) just to use the feature . or spend a few more hours to go 1 by 1 on all your villages . considering the fact that most people max ware houses , it is not so tough i guess

DeletedUser2207

I think you are suggesting to relocate the same number of troops from every village ? I think that level of organization will effect ones game play as this game has a lot of surprise element attached to it , you never know what troops you want to use and from where , some times i just have 1-2 mins to just send support , i just send them from different villages randomly . other than that way i don't think what coldog has pointed out can be worked out , you will have to spend countless hours to organize your villages to get the same number of troops in every village (or closer with other villages with in a practical range of 1000-1500 ) just to use the feature . or spend a few more hours to go 1 by 1 on all your villages . considering the fact that most people max ware houses , it is not so tough i guess
Ordering troops, using the mass recruit feature. You can tag vills and order the tiny men how you want them in the vills, without having to go vill by vill. Just tag a vill and then set up the desired units, click to recruit...repeat until it's done.
At one point, I had a "backline defense" tag as well as a "near the front" tag...backline vills cooked HC, archers, spears while font line focused heavily on swords due to travel time. Taking the time to label the vills made a huge difference in my daily game play. Plus "MA nuke" Axe Nuke" "mixed nuke" omg...just throw in the number of units plus rams, never have to think about it. One click recruiting leaves more time for farming, plotting kills, etc.

DeletedUser

you would rather go thru 300 cities 1 by 1...oh that's because you never had that many...gotcha.
<3's and stuff.
Why in the hell would I spend so much time farming to get 300 villages? It's un-needed. I had 138 on Us 9, 160+ on Us 18 and finished 3rd in OBP with a fraction of cities as my tribe members had. You don't need a ton of villages to win a server. There's a simple thing called clear and give away.

DeletedUser

Ordering troops, using the mass recruit feature. You can tag vills and order the tiny men how you want them in the vills, without having to go vill by vill. Just tag a vill and then set up the desired units, click to recruit...repeat until it's done.
At one point, I had a "backline defense" tag as well as a "near the front" tag...backline vills cooked HC, archers, spears while font line focused heavily on swords due to travel time. Taking the time to label the vills made a huge difference in my daily game play. Plus "MA nuke" Axe Nuke" "mixed nuke" omg...just throw in the number of units plus rams, never have to think about it. One click recruiting leaves more time for farming, plotting kills, etc.
Your backline and frontline recruiting didn't help ya on 18. xD

DeletedUser2207

Your backline and frontline recruiting didn't help ya on 18. xD
I had a giant target on my vills no matter where I went. It happens. But this is not the place for that sort of talk, Cold. Behave and stay on topic.

DeletedUser2081

true , i have set up groups , i know we can use the feature by selecting the check boxes also , but i am asking to ammend the tiny rule which makes this whole process time taking . The rule is "You have to enter a number of units you want in the village after recruiting " . not many villages have the same number of units to start from . for example .
ma villages (say 60 ) have 250 ma's except say 30 villages which have 2500 ma's . now you have to relocate the troops from these 30 villages because if you enter 3000 , the feature recruits 2750 ma's from 30 villages . 500 from 30 villages , this goes to get tough as most of the times , each village will have different number of units . And organizing such a mess will take a lot of time , and you will find your self in the same mess after 1-2 ops . or you use check boxes on each and every village and enter the numbers which is almost same to going to every villa 1 by 1 i guess .

I have some 35 defense villas with different number of troops in each villa depending on the position of the village and the support front lines villages usually take up . so i dont have same number of troops in all the villages , also i cant make more than 10 groups so i have to use this feature for 6-10 villages , and go to the remaining villages 1 by 1 to que troops .
Also , the different in barrack levels make it tough to make troops in the same time , adding to the dis organization .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2207

Lolz...10 is plenty if you play smart. Think I've never even hit 8...and still manage to use this feature without issues. You're making it too difficult

DeletedUser2158

Gotta agree with teja here.. why cant i just build additional troops regardless of my troop count? Now i have to waste time organizing my village troop count each time I use them. Beats the purpose of saving time

DeletedUser2207

Gotta agree with teja here.. why cant i just build additional troops regardless of my troop count? Now i have to waste time organizing my village troop count each time I use them. Beats the purpose of saving time
Your current troop count only dictates what will not be ordered. This feature recruits a total number of whatever unit for the village...if you put that you want 1000 spear, and the vill has 1000, it will not order more. But if you say you want 1500, and you have 1000 then it will order up to 500 more depending on the rss you have available when you hit that button. It's really not difficult to work with