• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Morale penalty for excessive fake attacks...

DeletedUser

I suggest if someone sends lots of attacks that lose badly, he pays a morale penalty on future attacks in same 24 hours.

In my experience when players gang up on me and don't win, they resort to large amounts of fakes, which in my opinion makes game more silly and less fun. 100s of attacks a day from a few players each only having a few villages gets boring, I can fight it off but many others simply quit game and never come back. Especially when they send more fakes the less army they have left.

So I can send 100s of fakes back with a few attacks, becomes dumb and dumber rather than a "war game".

DeletedUser

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
In TW1 you can wake up to 30,000 incoming attacks. Now stop crying.

DeletedUser

IMO not good for game when becomes a contest of sending as many attacks per minute as possible. Do you enjoy 30,000 or 500 attacks at a time? Do others enjoy it? I programmed my hotkeys to send fakes because other guy attacking me did it, seems stupid to me to send 10 attacks in 10 seconds, etc.

If you do enjoy the attacks, perhaps we can ask all the alliances at war with you to send a few thousand fakes each day.

DeletedUser

If ya do that, I'm more than willing to increase the attacks from 50 to 30,000 on you. I may even have players near you add their nukes to the mix.

DeletedUser894

Simcity if you cant handle fakes or attacks in general, i suggest to move to a differend game. for the last week ive been having over 200 incomings each day and on other worlds ive had over 1k+. the max from 1 city is 50 and fakes are easy to spot. also you can use the X and they disappear from ur list so whenever new ones come in it doesnt take long to sort out

DeletedUser

Gayfish most are easy to spot but I have had experience with pros hiding real attacks in fakes. I have handled hundreds in a day, it imo makes for a dumber game. IMO someone who tries to win with hundreds of fakes is much less a man then someone who barb munches and turtles.

Not everyone can be online as much as us to tell when fakes were launched.

DeletedUser

Currently I am dealing with several hundred attacks per day when I only have 6 villages, spread out for nearly every hour of day and night from enemies only a few hours away. I can handle it, it actually makes me so mad that I play better. 90% of people I think can't. Those 90% are lost customers to Tribal wars 2.

DeletedUser

Simcity if you cant handle fakes or attacks in general, i suggest to move to a differend game. for the last week ive been having over 200 incomings each day and on other worlds ive had over 1k+. the max from 1 city is 50 and fakes are easy to spot. also you can use the X and they disappear from ur list so whenever new ones come in it doesnt take long to sort out
I make hotkeys for both so I can randomly launch the nuke without losing a beat

Gayfish most are easy to spot but I have had experience with pros hiding real attacks in fakes. I have handled hundreds in a day, it imo makes for a dumber game. IMO someone who tries to win with hundreds of fakes is much less a man then someone who barb munches and turtles.

Not everyone can be online as much as us to tell when fakes were launched.
Art of war, keep the enemy confused.

DeletedUser

IMO someone who tries to win with hundreds of fakes is much less a man then someone who barb munches and turtles.
You're clearly a noob. In every single OP I've ever ran or been apart of, Sending mass fakes to the player is a MUST. I've been on 4 TW2 worlds, and 6+ Tw1 worlds. You clearly know nothing of tactics.

DeletedUser

There is a difference between fakes in a wargame and Denial of Service by trying to overload other guys screen. If you need to do overload other guys screen imo you are not far below a barb muncher, in most typical games mods tend to ban players for that sort of thing.

My brother is into strategy games, plays stuff like civ for hours micromanaging. Lost customer to this game... "too much, reward not worth it". (He was near top of his alliance in first tribal wars game he played, quit after getting 20+ villages. He could be in one of 3 top alliances still fighting in world K if he had stayed.) That is status of probably 90% of potential customers, easy to have survey of average strategy gamer, show them the hundreds of attacks and ask them if they like that or not. What do you think average person will say? Should we have a poll?

Do you honestly think average person who plays online games wants to spend hours a day sorting through 300+ attacks when 99% are fakes? If no, then why should Tribal wars 2 chase away most of their customers?

DeletedUser

Again, You're complaining about 300 attacks. In tribalwars 1 the worlds last many, many years. Well over 200,000 players were on the worlds last I noticed. If you really think 300 attacks are a lot, I suggest you give TW1 a try. Give it a month and you'll be swamped by a few thousand fakes.

DeletedUser

IMO easy to fix game... if more than 90% of attacks fail, then morale of every attack goes down for next while.

DeletedUser1734

I think they should REMOVE the morale penalty for each fake you send.

DeletedUser

colddog, please answer question: do you think average strategy gamer enjoys sorting though hundreds of attacks where 99% are fake? Yes or No

Just because mosquitos exist doesn't mean they are wanted.

DeletedUser

Real life war between tribes fighting with swords and spears.. their were fakes but not 99% of time

DeletedUser

Also I could just leave a few hunndred men outside ur gates and let u starve :D

DeletedUser1500

I get the purpose of the morale penalty, but it is irritating. I don't know about its application to fakes though. Fake attacks are equally as important to a strategy as real ones are. Some people are better at it than others.
However, I like the players who are bad at it.

DeletedUser

There are players you simply cannot kill with out fakes, and some you need to time fakes even better than nobles xD

DeletedUser1487

Fakes are just part of the game, misdirection, unequal distribution of DT to villages, and the whole idea of "Estimated/educated guess" makes the game fun. Plus I'm sure all the problem solving is good for your brain cells anyways.