• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Morale penalty for excessive fake attacks...

DeletedUser1990

I see a lot of veterans in this thread who are attached to a certain way of doing things, regardless of the fact that is it quite obviously moronic. I bet if you polled the newer users if they thought dealing with thousands of fake attack messages was a good thing, they would overwhelmingly answer "NO".

DeletedUser

I see a lot of veterans in this thread who are attached to a certain way of doing things, regardless of the fact that is it quite obviously moronic. I bet if you polled the newer users if they thought dealing with thousands of fake attack messages was a good thing, they would overwhelmingly answer "NO".
So... you carry the value of a new player over a person who has stuck with this game over the course of a great many glitches?

Yes it sucks being on the receiving end of 1,000 of fakes. You want to survive, do the work and don't make other people make it easier for you. It is not an attackers job to make the game good for you.

DeletedUser1990

So... you carry the value of a new player over a person who has stuck with this game over the course of a great many glitches?

Yes it sucks being on the receiving end of 1,000 of fakes. You want to survive, do the work and don't make other people make it easier for you. It is not an attackers job to make the game good for you.
You misunderstand WHY it sucks. It doesn't suck because "oh no I'm a little bitch and I can't handle these attacks", it sucks because it's stupid and a nuisance for both attackers and defenders. You might as well not have a warning system for attacks rather than a flawed one.

The point about new players is that the unbiased opinion would surely be that fake spamming is bad.

DeletedUser

You misunderstand WHY it sucks. It doesn't suck because "oh no I'm a little bitch and I can't handle these attacks", it sucks because it's stupid and a nuisance for both attackers and defenders. You might as well not have a warning system for attacks rather than a flawed one.

The point about new players is that the unbiased opinion would surely be that fake spamming is bad.
The advantages are clearly for the attacker to choice if the work is worth it, which isn't that much work... i mean hotkey 1 ram fake and click it 50 times, hot key -> arrow and do it again from the next city.

I don't do it, and as i said it would suck to receive it, but I think it is very worthwhile for a player to do. 1,000 of attacks to go through and find the reals is very head aching, some will do the work and find the real, some will say forget it and wait for the smoke to clear, others will stack the obvious targets and go to bed, and some will whine.

To ask for a morale penalty cuz a player wants to whine is silly.

And what is flawed about this incoming system? (Unless you on mobile than i know exactly whats flawed)

DeletedUser

And what is flawed about this incoming system? (Unless you on mobile than i know exactly whats flawed)
There should be a way to rename many of attacks at same time rather than just 1 by 1, similar to how to can check off multiple reports and do same action to all of them.

As for main topic, yes it can be an "advantage", but both sides can use same 'advantage" and game devolves into moronic game rather than strategy game. I just had someone with 3 villages send probably more than half his 150 attack slots at me after losing the first 2 nukes he sent at me.

Yes I can at some point send 1000+ attacks at him in same day, or 10,000+ in a week or 100,000+ in a month later when I have more villages, and good chance i will to teach him a lesson, but imo that is not a "fun game that most people enjoy playing".

(I could already send 1000+ attacks per day at him if I really wanted to, though waste of good spears, axes and rams and farming slots)

DeletedUser

Even now I find myself rotating all my fingers and mental effort to press keys slower in order to reduce risk of injury from repeated stress on single finger, imo is stupid not strategy. Yes I could make an alternative input device where I press button instead with my toes to double my game power in faking and farming.

DeletedUser

In early game yea they seem silly, the target and the one launching the reals are so obvious. I only waste farming slots when i want to send a handful of fake from a week away in early game. They don't do anything but keep red icons on the guy though.

Though, an idea of mass incoming management seems good. Will bug somebody for the possibility of that.

DeletedUser1487

The fact is this game is meant to have some guidlines on rules, and then left over to the players on how you should play. Some players barb munch, some go only player villas. Some are defensive players, some are offensive, and others are mixed. Just like when it comes to attacking someone, some people go with no fakes and target one village with all nukes, others send a few nukes to surrounding villages to make it look like each village is a target, others send nukes to 1 villa but spread out fakes to all villages, its just part of the game.

When people start to tell us how we should play the game, that makes people quit the game. If this rule of moral penalty is passed, that will affect thousands of players, cross worlds, and cross servers. Hell, I might quit, cause I play this game how I like to play. I use fakes, I use deception, I use certain style nukes. And no one will tell me that I have to stop doing it a certain way.

I'm serious, I was once a new player, I learned how to play this game by experience. Every new player can not be babied into this. Vets are vets for a reason, noobs are noobs for a reason, one day noobs will be vets, and they will know how the game is run. This talk of "think of the new players" is so stupid I have to rant about it. Grow up. Stop whining, and play the game, and don't tell people how to play the game. You play it your way, I'll play it mine.

DeletedUser1990

Oh great, another person who completely misunderstood what I said. I didn't say "think of the new players", I said "think about how stupid this looks from an outside perspective". Rather than someone who is acclimated to the current mechanics. A critique of the game in the suggestions subforum is not "whining", it's a suggestion.

Nobody said anything about telling people how they should play either, that's not what this thread is about. If anything makes people quit the game it would be having to deal with spammy bullshit like this because it's not fun or interactive, it's just tedious. Don't try to make this into some kind of "pro" thing where anyone who doesn't want to deal with it is clearly a noob who can't handle the pressure of dealing with so many attacks. There's nothing skillful about hitting a hotkey 100 times.

DeletedUser

The way I look at it, sending 100s of fakes is like nuclear weapons in real life... if someone does it to me the deterant is to do it back, in way that is even more painful for other guy, I will wait my time and make sure it is more than he ever dreamed was possible in wildest dreams so by end of it is will be him that is here in suggestions asking for game change for it to stop.

We can play stupidity for ever, can get rimmed and keep it up by barb munching and off we go again, makes for a game no one wants to play.

In my opinion we have a class of players who make even barb munchers look like pros who rather than even bother to try clever tactics think forming as big a group as possible and then spamming non stop fakes is way to win. Leader of biggest alliance doesn't for example even bother to learn that archers don't defend well against axes, doesn't need to. easier instead to keep up friendships from world to world to build up a secret horde of merge and ally to win.

DeletedUser

Sorting by "command type" after renaming commands in current interface seems broken/bugged.

DeletedUser1487

Well in direct defiance of this "idea" to make faking someone hurt you more than him, in w11 we are sending about roughly 10000 fakes spread throughout 4 players, let me tell you, many villages will be taken from them tonight, and the next few nights. While you two try to convince the mods, but will likely not, that this new rule is smart, I'm going to send out some more fakes and play the game, and not whine about it cause I can't figure out what attacks are real and which attacks aren't. STRATEGY doesn't come at the touch of a button, nor does victory come at a few fakes either. Getting massive amounts of fakes isn't the end of the world, so stop trying to change it.

So my suggestion is to keep current rules in play, cause newer players gotta learn somehow, either by us telling them, or them learning. And just for the record, getting hundreds of attacks always makes me feel special, cause someone cares enough about me, either by seeing me as a greater threat to deal with, or the fact that they really need to use mass fakes to maybe catch me off guard. I enjoy being on the receiving side of attacks, free bash points, gotta love em.

DeletedUser

Oh great, another person who completely misunderstood what I said. I didn't say "think of the new players", I said "think about how stupid this looks from an outside perspective". Rather than someone who is acclimated to the current mechanics. A critique of the game in the suggestions subforum is not "whining", it's a suggestion.

Nobody said anything about telling people how they should play either, that's not what this thread is about. If anything makes people quit the game it would be having to deal with spammy bullshit like this because it's not fun or interactive, it's just tedious. Don't try to make this into some kind of "pro" thing where anyone who doesn't want to deal with it is clearly a noob who can't handle the pressure of dealing with so many attacks. There's nothing skillful about hitting a hotkey 100 times.

your reply started with the word "moronic" simply b/c you as one player do not like it. Tactics you do not like are not moronic. And this is not a current mechanic, this is one of the few that survived YEARS and YEARS of complaints on tribal wars 1 to be one used here.

I do not need to think about this from an outside perspective, i, as a mod and player, have to think about this only from the perspective of people who plays this game. The fact as it stands now, this is one of the only ways to kill some players, and if you can't handle it, it is unlikely someone will keep doing it you cause they don't need to.

You wish to survive, earn that right, cause of all the reasons i heard a player quit this game, that is not one, i have seen them quit a world cuz of it, but never just leave.

DeletedUser1487

Ya I've seen players quit worlds, but not the game. And I can testify that fakes are the only way to get things done in late game.

DeletedUser

Excessive fakes are not the only way to get things down in late game and sad if people haven't learned better tactics. I am not saying "no fakes", I am saying not sending 10x as many fakes as real attacks, without paying some sort of penalty.

Tokano

Not a Mod
I've followed this discussion closely since the thread was created and I have yet to see a logical reason from the "anti-fake" side of the conversation to get rid of or penalize fakes. It's just been whining and preaching about how they think the game should be played rather than suggestions for how to make the game better and more inclusive.

Mightysheep you should probably try a different game if you think people from the outside looking in would be discouraged to learn people send mass attacks in a war game. This is a PvP game first and a city builder second. If you want a game where people are more into the city building than PvP, Forge of Empires is a really good game as well. You might want to give it a look.

As far as an attack penalty goes, Simcity. There is already one for larger players against smaller players; now you want to impose another penalty on players, no matter their size, for attacking each other if they send too many attacks? This would only work if players who send support to someone under attack also suffer a penalty for stacking a village. If you want to get rid of or penalize fakes, you need to get rid of or penalize support as well. The equation needs to have balance.

I'm personally more in favor of no attack limits, no attack delays, and no morale. However, I know that play-style isn't for everyone, so I would propose that we have different world settings, just as they do in Tribal Wars. These settings could have a wide range of possibilities and would ensure that players could find worlds that suit their play-style. For example, a world could have the night bonus and no paladin weapons to change things up a little and another world could have morale degrading over distance/time rather than size and no archers/mounted archers. These would be small changes that would have huge impacts on strategy as a whole. Not to mention, it would get rid of all the "the game should be played this way" preachers.

Just my two cents on the topic. DC has it pretty well handled though. :p

DeletedUser1487

I agree with both DC and Tokano here,
Excessive fakes are not the only way to get things down in late game and sad if people haven't learned better tactics. I am not saying "no fakes", I am saying not sending 10x as many fakes as real attacks, without paying some sort of penalty.
How would you get things done, given late game situation where everyone has 40+ villages and a minimum of 400k points? When you are fighting someone who has 1mil+ points and 100+ villages, thats a lot of DT to pull from, so when you don't fake, and just go to a target, they stack that puppy up and no matter how big your nukes were, they won't penetrate.

So sending fakes would help lesson incoming support to the target village, but you have to time fakes as well for it to work. Make sure your fakes hit a little bit before the nukes to lower suspicion of a village and then have the reals hit literally right after. If you do the fakes right, you become one happy player. So given your argument concerning making a penalty for sending out massive fakes, I assume you both hate getting fakes, and don't send them yourself right? Cause I don't see any other way to defeat a large player. Sabos maybe, but you better hope most your sabos and the rest of your tribe's sabos hit successfully on each village.

DeletedUser

I agree with both DC and Tokano here,

How would you get things done, given late game situation where everyone has 40+ villages and a minimum of 400k points?
As I said, some fakes are ok imo, just not 90%+ fakes, would make a penalty for that. With some fakes there are ways, it takes some good tactics compared to just saying "everyone in alliance lets attack and fake this province in 3 days" without even bothering to scout first.

Forgive me for not wanting to spell out everything for my opponents to use against me in current game, happy to demonstrate in a game in a world where we can get away from having a who can send the most fakes contest... I have already seen a *few* players use fairly good tactics that work in end game, though most just try to fake rather than think.

DeletedUser

As I said, some fakes are ok imo, just not 90%+ fakes, would make a penalty for that. With some fakes there are ways, it takes some good tactics compared to just saying "everyone in alliance lets attack and fake this province in 3 days" without even bothering to scout first.

Forgive me for not wanting to spell out everything for my opponents to use against me in current game, happy to demonstrate in a game in a world where we can get away from having a who can send the most fakes contest... I have already seen a *few* players use fairly good tactics that work in end game, though most just try to fake rather than think.
I a fan of the hit fast and hard methods personally, but on enemy cores it is 50/50

DeletedUser1990

The people defending this crap seem to think it is some form of skill to be able to mash a button to send 1000s of fakes lol. The "its a war game bro" argument is basically meaningless since what we're talking about is simple abusing of a faulty warning system mechanic. It doesn't make you skillful to be able to do it, and if someone thinks it's stupid it's not because "they cant handle it!" so stop trying to convince yourself that you're special. I just dont want to have to handle it, it doesn't make for fun or interesting gameplay in any way.

If you want to talk about logic, how does suiciding hundreds of troops in 1 by 1 to trigger an over-simplified warning system make any sense? You obviously wouldn't see it in real life and I've never seen it in other games, a mistake / lack of foresight is the only reason it is in this one.

Not sure why I'm even posting here lol, it seems pretty obvious this forum is made up of a small handful of people who probably dumped their life savings into this game and don't want anything to change ever :p