• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Mosteiro da Batalha Realm Competition

DeletedUser1211

I disagree with this. How is it appropriate to punish users who have no clue that any rule is being broken? How can everyone have skin in a game they don't know is being played? The players who will be punished the most by this rule are the ones who aren't doing anything wrong. That's incredibly unfair. If your goal is to finish killing off the game, you are doing a great job.

I cannot speak to our detection methods.

I feel for innocent bystanders potentially caught by unscrupulous players, but there is a reason we have made the rules this way. Botting is a problem that can use some community policing, and we think it appropriate that everyone have a little skin in that game. "He's a cheat, but he's OUR cheat" is not an attitude we will encourage. "Don't bot or you leave the tribe, and we report you to the moderators" is more the attitude we would like to see.

P.S. This is further proof of my allegation that the mods are not "fair and balanced."

P.P.S. Still not talking about you, Beez! Just saying that some aren't. Love ya! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2720

I disagree with this. How is it appropriate to punish users who have no clue that any rule is being broken? How can everyone have skin in a game they don't know is being played? The players who will be punished the most by this rule are the ones who aren't doing anything wrong. That's incredibly unfair. If your goal is to finish killing off the game, you are doing a great job.

P.S. This is further proof of my allegation that the mods are not "fair and balanced."

P.P.S. Still not talking about you, Beez! Just saying that some aren't. Love ya! :)

CaptC made clear to me they will look into the tribe as a whole, and won't just straight up ban everyone, however, I am sure everyone from that tribe will be under the microscope for the rest of the world.

DeletedUser

Ah, so because you knew the players on the world, the rules were carefully crafted to eliminate nearly every other tribe on the world except for the ones you expect and want to win. :) The alliance rule was added because you knew everyone would come into the world (based on conversations that they all were having on other worlds) gunning for the same people. Many people planned to work together, but because they dont have money to coin up their tribe within the first hour or two, those people would need to work in allied tribes against the common enemy.

DeletedUser2725

That's a reach...if everyone has a common enemy they will all attack them regardless don't think them having a formal alliance is necessary for that. I may be naive but i doubt they are playing favorites.

DeletedUser2720

Ah, so because you knew the players on the world, the rules were carefully crafted to eliminate nearly every other tribe on the world except for the ones you expect and want to win. :) The alliance rule was added because you knew everyone would come into the world (based on conversations that they all were having on other worlds) gunning for the same people. Many people planned to work together, but because they dont have money to coin up their tribe within the first hour or two, those people would need to work in allied tribes against the common enemy.

Crowning will only get you so far.... ;)

DeletedUser

That's a reach...if everyone has a common enemy they will all attack them regardless don't think them having a formal alliance is necessary for that. I may be naive but i doubt they are playing favorites.
You are naive. They are playing favorites :) They’ve already eliminated every tribe on the server by the end of the first week for the “special” prizes, which are, of course, tons of coins. The only tribe they havent eliminated is the one with all the coiners in it, and the ones who have admitted that they used bots on previous worlds and thats how they won. On one server in which they had no chance of winning, they were all also hit with bans for botting. If they are doing the same thing here, then even playing field - because all tribes are eliminated from the “special prizes” :)

DeletedUser2725

My tribe hasn't been eliminated so I don't know what you're talking about. Relax man.

DeletedUser2720

You are naive. They are playing favorites :) They’ve already eliminated every tribe on the server by the end of the first week for the “special” prizes, which are, of course, tons of coins. The only tribe they havent eliminated is the one with all the coiners in it, and the ones who have admitted that they used bots on previous worlds and thats how they won. On one server in which they had no chance of winning, they were all also hit with bans for botting. If they are doing the same thing here, then even playing field - because all tribes are eliminated from the “special prizes” :)

Well spit it out then, name the tribes that will stay and which will be gone.

DeletedUser

Well spit it out then, name the tribes that will stay and which will be gone.
Every tribe that made an alliance is already out. Thats most of the top 10. One tribe is well over 35 members, so now they are eliminated. I’m guessing the only one whose still in it (for the “extra coins”) is WIN. This isnt rocket science people. You all knew exactly what I was saying. And you agree with me. :)

DeletedUser2158

You can make one alliance and one nap. And even if that were true... it's not the fault of the mods if tribes can't respect the challenge. Why blame the mods?

DeletedUser

Half the tribes were not even aware the Forum competition was up and running yet, and that the rules were different from the usual Forum competitions until AFTER one of the tribes noticed it and contacted me and said “Oh well, guess we are all out of the running for the extra crowns.” And I’m sure if one of the other tribes had known that going to a full 60 members would have disqualified them from earning extra crowns, they wouldnt have done that either. Mods changed the rules of the Forum competition and it seems to benefit one tribe more than others. They already gave them special treatment on previous occasions, and havent done anything about rule breaches in the recent past on other servers where it was clearly happening (if the same people got caught on multiple worlds doing the same thing, but only got banned for it on one... that shows a bias, because on the world where they were penalized they couldnt win the world, but the other servers, they were giving a lot of money to Inno Games, so therefore it was overlooked), so the mods ultimately get the responsibility no matter what. One question... how do we determine what are “secret alliances”? If your goal was everyone fighting everyone else and no alliances marked in stone, if multiple tribes start “appearing” to be working together against a common enemy (and we all know that common enemy will be by this point), are the mods just going to take that as an assumption that all the tribes are working together, if the attacks appear to be coordinated? I would be curious to know how Cap plans to determine what constitutes a “secret alliance” and what doesnt.

DeletedUser

Dont get me wrong... the overal premise of the contest is GREAT, I should add, and very refreshing. Just wish I had seen the Forum post about it BEFORE making diplomacy decisions in the game. We already had gone into this planning on limiting membership so the 35 member rule was never going to be an issue for us. Its the unknown variables, like “secret alliances” that get murky and I am not sure how you can figure some of that out. Because my tribe had two allies to start with and a NAP, we were disqualified before we even knew about the competition, because the rule starts “NEVER had more than 1 alliance and 1 NAP”. And one tribe already ballooned to 60 members so they are out as well.

DeletedUser

I agree with Crafts in most of this argument. And I find it a little insulting that the mods say that a little community policing will go a long way towards stopping the botters. Some of us have spent half a decade trying to call out and stop the botters, and we have the support tickets to prove it. And the mods DID NOT stop the botters on some worlds, because the players kept playing. I have screenshots where the players ADMITTED that they were indeed doing everything that I said they were doing, on the worlds where I noticed they were doing it, and they laughed it off because the mods didnt do anything about it. Granted, it could be the fault of previous mods who are no longer mods, but the fact of the matter is that Crafts is not out of line when she says the trend line for this game has been that the mods are not entirely fair and balanced.

DeletedUser2594

Domination seems pretty weird for a first place second place third place..
I mean the lead tribe should have 70%, which means basically obliterating all the other tribes.. how well the first place second place and third place be fairly calculated like that? I mean most major contenders would prob have been wiped off the map with a couple of rim tribes being left over when domination 70%

DeletedUser2158

Pretty sure if you drop your alliances now to have one max you won't get disqualified. World haven't even started yet.. just drop it and keep one nap and one alliance

DeletedUser2718

Pretty sure if you drop your alliances now to have one max you won't get disqualified. World haven't even started yet.. just drop it and keep one nap and one alliance

They need to check it out first no point doing it if they are truly disqualified

cokky

Berserker
the first week is not even up and people are already throwing in the towel that is nonsense.... you can remake a tribe and start over in week 2 3 even 4 maybe and still have a shot at top 3 easy.... top well i hope that we can hold that but with no alliances or naps of note hard to say how that will work out. (but for the record just so you know i am not part of any leadership of any tribe atm so i dont get a say in such things)

As for dan please modify your posts dont just post after post after post after post your self. Also i am not sure what he is complaining about cheating i have won a lot of worlds with out cheating.. And Lately even with out much coining other than what i can pick up for contests or winning worlds or what ever. TBH the game is getting easier as the competition is slipping thanks to limits on botting and some of the better players quiting so you really should have a much easier go now than ever before plus with the contests running how they are a lot more people will be getting crowns anyway. This will lead to a lot more parity in the future worlds.

DeletedUser2718

Not hard to drop it and do it again if you indeed are already disqualified

Easiest option is to just ask. Explain the situation. Do it before protection drops because no one has benefited from it. Safest option is to drop it like a brick, but they are not going to know until they ask the question and explain the full circumstances.