• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

New End Game

• Thread starter DeletedUser1179
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1179

So after much contemplating and reading a bunch of comments (most of which were negative), your US support team wants ACTUAL feedback. Give us your thoughts, we already know why you don't like the new end game, what we want to know now is what about it you would change if you could? We WANT to hear from you but we want actual ideas, not just the normal everyday stuff. Anything that is considered to be bashing and not constructive will be removed from the post. As stated we want actual thoughts. Share them with us. As a community you feel that your voice hasn't been heard, well here is your opportunity. Make it count.;)

DeletedUser1260

To the community,
I have read every single comment and the consesus has been a big negative to this Victory Point endgame. Now I have been around since the En server first opened with Alnwick, I have seen many changes to the plus side. Tribal Levels, faster recruitment, (and I mean in the beginning recruitment took forever) The balancing update was not for the bad of the game. Any remember that?
All changes have come and they have come slow but they come. We have been asking for a long time to come up with a way to end this game with battling instead of percentages.
Well now they are testing a way to end the game, and as I have read it is not complete but a start. So, I will go to the new Beta world and see. I have thought long and hard before answering this thread with a way to make this work to cover all the points we have brought up over the course of our game play.
I came up with this:
Victory points tweeked:
1. Each player gets a Victory point for being in a province for their tribe (2 or more villages)
2. IF one player owns a province on their own, the tribe gets 5 bonus Victory points.
3. IF more then one member of a tribe owns a province a 7 point bonus is applied to tribe ( to promote working together)
4. IF a barb is eaten in any province a one point deduction will be given for that province for each barb taken. (This will safeguard the barbs in a province. *Note: In the case of a player quitting and turning into a barbarian; would it be considered a player village or a barbarian in the province ownership?
5. Each Kingdom will end at a different time.( WE have the boundaries already in place for provinces and Kingdoms this can use them)
When all provinces are owned in a certain Kingdom that kingdom will go into sudden death for Victory points.
6. Winning a Kingdom gets the Victor a decided Victory point Bonus I was thinking 50 to 100 points which they can not lose.
7. When all Kingdoms are won, the number of Kingdoms a tribe has wins them the world.
Now again, I am sure I have not covered everything, but you know having been on both sides of the fence in this, being a player and a worker for the game, like anything in life you attract more bees with honey then vinegar.:)

So I hope I am fighting for all of the veterans in being part of the solution rather then just signing off on the game completely.

DeletedUser

Victory points can be gained by every RED village you or your tribe takes. As this is a war game and not barbarian wars, this idea keeps the game focused on war. It will stop hugging, slow down the barb munching (As you get no points from them) and increase wars across the server. We have already seen that a tribe of 65 can win against a tribe of 200, this method makes it a little easier as all MRT's focus on barbarians. So this method not only addresses to what the community wants, it's exactly what we need. The end tribe with the most victory points wins.

DeletedUser1376

If we are going to use victory points then just award a victory point for each province where 1 side has an advantage over the other and 5 points if that province is completely controlled by a tribe .
here is the catch that makes it worth . the villages to control a province must be villages that were player owned so if you take barbarian villages they do not count towards your village count in that province .
team A owns 11 villages in a province and team B owns 9 but team A nobled 5 barbs and team B only 2 that would mean that Team B would have 7 villages while team A would really have just 6 and team B would have the VP
in case of a tie in a province the highest point village in province would be the team that wins the point this would encourage point building a village in contested areas if that also is a tie both sides get a VP til the tie is broken .

This model would discourage barb munching and encourage warfare between the two sides

DeletedUser2012

problem i see with victory points is losing side basically giving up core battles and running to rim stacking up points by creating pockets of defense thru out the provinces and just keep going from province to province on rim and basically winning order without sending out an attack , so game would no longer be about who has most troops or most battle points it would simply just be about sending out nobles and covering ground

my solution for declaring a clear winner is to tip scales to the stronger side that can take and hold towers within each area could have 1 very strong within entire game a dozen strong towers and a few dozen decently good towers to obtain for all players these towers should have all max buildings and different buffs to recruit units faster then normal villas and high resource income also in order to keep balance in game so they are are not only about towers rules should be put in place such as the units made in tower are not relocatable and u can't relocate troops into the villas and each player can only obtain 2 of each type of tower type also since these towers are gonna be so spread in order to balance things i think attack speeds to hit them should be very fast and noble speeds just as fast so these villas have to have very high defense in order to keep them and tribes have to defend them together in order to keep them these towers also are not available at start of game rather they are open after x amount of days of game opening and they are guarded by npc units so players have to have high attack units in order to take the towers at first and still be able to defend it after

percentages and rules of the towers could be open for discussion for balancing them these rules are just off top of my head but i think it could be good idea for giving the game more depth and strategic game play

DeletedUser1376

Victory points can be gained by every RED village you or your tribe takes. As this is a war game and not barbarian wars, this idea keeps the game focused on war. It will stop hugging, slow down the barb munching (As you get no points from them) and increase wars across the server. We have already seen that a tribe of 65 can win against a tribe of 200, this method makes it a little easier as all MRT's focus on barbarians. So this method not only addresses to what the community wants, it's exactly what we need. The end tribe with the most victory points wins.

The 1 issue with this and other than that issue its a great idea is that players can be denied vp by a player barbing out and or a player being booted and not being part of an enemy tribe

cokky

Berserker
How about we blow off this whole thought process and make it so it is a hybrid of the old system and the new system. If a tribe owns every player village in a prov then A tower can be constructed by making a level 30 HQ and level 10 HOO. then a tower(village) would be able to be constructed costing 400 400 400 and a big penalty in pop. Only 1 per prov Then you would actually have to guard this to prevent the other side from taking it so it would be advantageous to surround these with prov that are owned by the tribe These would then give victory points But make the same sort of 70- 80% requirements that are already used just instead of every village you would just have to have 80% of the tower villages and keep it locked until a release date say 2-3 months in but announce it in advance. This would give the tribes time to prepare store up resources and prepare to defend. The above would work but would be extremely complicated esp with barb villages. Down side to this would be tribes stealing a barb in the prov with the potential tower town but hell that is part of the fun let them try this will lead to far more bash and bash = fun late nights of crying and beers raised to the dead. This would also lower the number of towers a tribe could make and defend a lot so that would drag things out slightly longer. All in all we have to come up with a way to both make it team orientated and not cause the worse sort of player behavior in the new patch. So what ever does both i am at least for. I believe this method would do that but is certainly not the only method that could do that.

DeletedUser1260

If I remember in the beginning the Endgame would consist of building a fortress after so many provinces were owned in a kingdom. The first tribe to build and maintain a fortress in the kingdom after Endgame was triggered would win the Kingdom, so this would prolong the world because Endgame would be triggered at different times depending on the Kingdom progress.
There was more to it, I am sure. So, in combining the new with the old as Cokky suggested. It seems there is a consensus that we need to build something as a tribe and it is how we arrive at that point that has everyone irritated.
Barbarian villages should not be counted for the good but as a negative towards any tribe taking them. Agreed?
We need to somehow make it a battle to the win. Agreed?
I believe that Victory points in the right usage could be part of the solution leading towards a building of a structure that the whole tribe has to contribute to holding and maintaining.

DeletedUser2228

victory points are not a bad idea at all. if nothing else we give it a try and develope it further as we go. my idea of an end game is 100% of a world to be owned. Play and attack till every PLAYER vill is owned. if another tribe quits bc there is no use in trying to beat a winning tribe then so be it. a victory point system could be used as a deterent on barb munching. points taken away from player and tribe when barbs are taken and you do not get crowns from the win until world is 100% won. just an idea

DeletedUser1179

So many good ideas! In regards to Towers, it was something that was visited first however it was found to be too difficult to implement into the game. All of your ideas will be passed on that's for sure. Keep bringing those ideas! ;)

DeletedUser1120

So how do I join the new Beta World. What is the name of the world and is their a link to it?

DeletedUser2460

I've liked all the changes you have made so far, especially troop relocation.

Hear me out:
-The end game is decided by victory points.
-Only tribes can earn victory points not players.
-For a tribe to earn a victory point a player from the tribe must noble a player from another tribe marked as an enemy/red on the map.
-When a player earns a victory point for a tribe that victory point stays with that tribe if they join a new tribe.
-When a tribe alliance is disbanded the tribes cannot mark each other as enemies for 7 days.
-There is a page you can pull up that shows all of the current wars in the world.
-The amount of victory points needed to win is calculated by: (# of players that joined the world) x 2 x .80

Let me know what you think and thanks for your time

DeletedUser1120

I've liked all the changes you have made so far, especially troop relocation.

Hear me out:
-The end game is decided by victory points.
-Only tribes can earn victory points not players. I like this. Also add the #1 player in the world should be based on OBP & DBP, not # of vills that have been barbed munched.
-For a tribe to earn a victory point a player from the tribe must noble a player from another tribe marked as an enemy/red on the map. Change this to any tribe village, barbs or tribe less player do not count as a victory point.
-When a player earns a victory point for a tribe that victory point stays with that tribe if they join a new tribe. Agree with this
-When a tribe alliance is disbanded the tribes cannot mark each other as enemies for 7 days. No allies or NAP's allowed. No merging
-There is a page you can pull up that shows all of the current wars in the world.
-The amount of victory points needed to win is calculated by: (# of players that joined the world) x 2 x .80

Let me know what you think and thanks for your time

DeletedUser1683

The barbs in the providence need to be taken and occupied as a means of strategy. With a barb sitting there, it allows for a foe to get a foot hold. Like a lot of the suggestions but does it limit the abilities of newer players and smaller clans to get foothold in game?

DeletedUser2469

If I remember in the beginning the Endgame would consist of building a fortress after so many provinces were owned in a kingdom. The first tribe to build and maintain a fortress in the kingdom after Endgame was triggered would win the Kingdom, so this would prolong the world because Endgame would be triggered at different times depending on the Kingdom progress.
There was more to it, I am sure. So, in combining the new with the old as Cokky suggested. It seems there is a consensus that we need to build something as a tribe and it is how we arrive at that point that has everyone irritated.
Barbarian villages should not be counted for the good but as a negative towards any tribe taking them. Agreed?
We need to somehow make it a battle to the win. Agreed?
I believe that Victory points in the right usage could be part of the solution leading towards a building of a structure that the whole tribe has to contribute to holding and maintaining.
Totally agree with Jaded-One. The Fortress Endgame is still an awesome concept (not sure why it was dropped?). Combine it with the victory point concept, a WIN-WIN. So many of the NEWER players to TW2 have no idea what that end game is all about. As a retired Marine, I can say that "playing to an end game of building a FORTRESS pushes ALL my gaming buttons!!! I am sure many feel the same, but are not aware of that concept.

DeletedUser1179

Thank you to those that have been giving constructive feedback, it is greatly appreciated. All your ideas have been forwarded and will be discussed. We will keep you posted! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.