• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

New everything

DeletedUser

I have talked about this with a couple if players and this game lacks strategy. Grepolis and Forge of Empires has more strategy. I don't know if I am allowed to say that, you guys are part of the same company so I think I'm okay. Anyways the only strategy in this game is build up to about 100k points, make massive army, then clean out the enemies city and follow up with a noble train. Yes there is the morale issue you have to take into effect but a simple strategy can easily be made within a hour to counter that. It might be too late for the developers to actually make these changes that will give players actually some what of a challenge. 1. A tech tree is in dire need, make a tech tree with four different techs for each level and you must choose which tech you believe suits you. These techs will supply buffs or new possible units. 2. Stop going with the generic defense only and offense only units, have the majority of units specialize in certain things and only have a few complete defense and offense units. 3. Make openfeild battles, that combined with a tech tree and specialized units will make the ultimate difference in the beginning of a war. 4. Create different factions with different buffs, a previous post explains this. 5. Make terrain buffs another topic talks about this. 6. Make it so that players can have capitals that supply advantages so that it actually matters to bigger players if they lose a city. 7. Turn groups of kingdoms into continents with oceans dividing continents. This way we have to build ships and use more strategy. 8. Make farms and population separate, troops will depend on your cities food as revenue and your constantly fluctuating population as manpower. Either one of these eight can make this game less plain, but a mixture of them will make this game stand out from the others.

DeletedUser465

Sounds like a completely different game to me.

There is a lot of strategy that goes in to this game. Politics, OPs against players/tribes, sniping noble trains, sending fakes/how you send fakes, timing and organization of the tribe in different scenarios. I'm not sure how far you have gone in the game, but it spans over a long time (obviously) and all those things I mentioned come into effect the more time passes. This is TRIBAL wars, you work with your tribe to control a kingdom for endgame when that starts. When you start taking large tribes against large tribes, or large vs a smaller coalition, there is a lot of chaos, and the more organized side will win.

I'm sure someone else can chime in, however i'm just waking up, haha. I'll revisit this later.

DeletedUser

The thing is you can conduct politics but this is tribal wars not tribal hugs and the players in this game are either meat heads or stubborn, only a few of them are worth doing diplomacy with; OP's don't really count as strategy because they are common sense, you have a group of people and if you don't coordinate you will fail. I learned that in elementary school; sniping nobles trains is easy as is easy to learn, all you need is some coffee and do your math and it's all good; sending fakes is very original; and timing and organisation is easy as long as you don't have idiots in leadership. I understand that working with your tribe is important and it makes a difference. You have a point that you can take all of those things and there is plenty of strategy but with everybody using the same strategy, knowing the same strategy, and repeating the same strategy that strategy turns into common sense. Why just wait for support to arrive before the noble train hits because you are a noob and don't know how to snipe one, when one of your allies could intercept the army and fight a field battle. Why name a building academy when all you do is mint coins and train nobles, when you could be researching techs that makes you different from other players and makes players take second thoughts as of whether to attack or not. Why have the same faction through and through when you can make separate factions with different advantages and a change in scenery when looking at you city. I can actually think of 3 factions right now that are all related to the medieval era and different bonuses for them too. The endgame is good however and is worth the fight.

DeletedUser

You said it seems a like a completely different game. Well then what were the developers aiming for? A remastered version of the original with some things taken out and some things added in? This is a strategy game, you have to make things difficult and get people to think rather than get people to react and then go back to youtube. Hey I'd be flipping out if the barbs could actually attack you! That would keep me on edge more than a noble train or a couple of fakes.

DeletedUser465

Attack from barbs would promote hybrid villages...gross. haha

DeletedUser465

As for your ideas, feel free to share them and the devs will read them, however I cannot speak for them as to why things are set up as they are. However i'm enjoying how it is set up so far, and look forward to future patches/updates :)