• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Newsletter!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1042
  • Start date

DeletedUser1042

The time has come for a newsletter to be established on this world, and since nobody else took the initiative, we’re going to! Who are we, you ask? We are Kefka and Jisto1, co-writers of this newsletter and proud members of Virus. This world has only just begun, and yet so many of the people we talked to have said they think it will be the best one yet. Now that BP has gone away for the masses, it’s time for us all to get to know each other and where we all stand, and what better way to do this than in one massive newsletter detailing every tribe in the top ten, with a few honorable mentions? So let’s take a look at the map.

Keep in mind that this is our first newsletter so bear with us, give is your criticism and we'll try to improve in the coming weeks!

Our grouch Hintan has pointed out to us that there is little point in featuring a map until the arrival of nobles, but we think that a map of the top 10 (included NOM’s second tribe “Reb”) would still be worth showing if just for the positions of the top 10 tribes.

map_www_us11_b9163c4b32d35d39f4ee57cf30f94d4c_14489426204627.png

It looks like Raiders have a nice cluster going on in the SE. If they get their nobles out first and clear out some of the NAO members in that area, they would be a tough nut to crack. NAO seems to be scattered everywhere. Beyond that, there really isn’t much to say.

On to statistics and random data!

Tribes by points :

lo_PliNNmVZqxexOfCQaTG4Vt2E3BuEHalrPLgGLxDE7A3JuZNY9svywQYlGEcDVccqXx6CC5-BdszrD-1sCWbAjtn2fmH_PFTZMNHqBOHwF9Eb6TjP3jyeDG_zOLzNR2v12la4g

Tribes by ppm :

R7Xd_184N0hhikJAiv0JzvnNwEfmeoFXNfmmMXZHSkq5rKUHw1mnBJaNThH3mSrYPcKH-WeqPr_Vd1ftlQ1BV9j3l1CMVdD2nXKpx_Lf6HjwsxlxOWOZnaGtBtVuqr2N3BnVVFsZ

Tribes by bashpoints :

jSP4bJjlIq_u6fu8qWWDT9hL0ATeefhrQ0ESJ4SzETIGAYFziDxxebNpeBlcrhrQNiCgEOigV2mznYeBlkyht-2MJpUzA9ojtaw5zcsD5D1GJWDH-mV62H-iSD4wq63KNigSk4T8

Players by points :

_Ms2b5eZh4Gc0vS29dywZfw-BWCPUEFcIqErUbKzSigCbLIxtPyoqfcpXjUtguFkDgnktBaebXwvdXknTGqOIfo_OYxhyd04ZtiDKJS5raZVRBBEOfIbplvioZbcu76ydOCYiR2S

Players by bashpoints :

8SGdYJ-GqR68bnJ7QC8gbAbPs8j5_RvDIRnx5vdgp0YIrDSWRFKpTUXXeJ8P-Ll6fWjzD6p7N1pF1N8jaFJxtKYjgb11H9jramvzDfB1FF8OqBXbzCD0c_5jgo4Nu9oWKSYWe7wn

[All of our data was collected on 30/11/2015 at 11:22 PM EST]​

As stated, data like this doesn't mean much but we can clearly see that *V* and PBS are on the offensive while tribes like COL and NOM are taking hits.

Now for our comments on the top 10!

1- Ne Agito Oppeto [NAO], led by Yukio

Opinion :

This tribe is an interesting one. They've increased their tribe level all the way to 20 relatively quickly, so we know that they're serious about this world. They're spread through the the entire map, so I don't see them dominating any specific area for a long time. They also seem to have a lot of players who know what they're doing, yet also a ton who don't (I had one of them attack me with 100 spears). I guess that's the result of recruiting half the server though. They are to be watched.

2- Raiders [-R-], led by draxpol

Opinion :

I haven't heard much from them but they seem to have a great southeast spread and a good PPM to back it up. They should be watched carefully.

3- Council of Lords [COL], led by Waurick (lol)

Opinion :

This tribe is a running joke in our tribe’s conversations. They declared war on us after attacking one of their members and their leader doesn't seem to understand how diplomacy works in this game. To be fair we in virus have been pulling his leg quite a bit. Very few of their players seem to know what they're doing and the majority seem to be new. I don't think they'll last long in the top 10 and if they do its due to tribal hugging and sheer amount of members. They're spread mostly in the west.

4- Dragon’s Blood Mercenaries [DBM], led by Zekias

Opinion :

I don't know much about them other than the fact that one of them attacked us with 100 of each defensive troop. They're mostly in the north but have some members pretty much everywhere.

5- Nomads [NOM], led by Black Knight 0311

Opinion :

The 5th MRT on our list, these guys are located in both of the northern quadrants and already have an Academy tribe going in the form of [Reb]. They look similar to DBM and COL.

6- Virus [*V*], led by Hintan and Jisto1

Opinion :

Virus is a small tribe that values quality over quantity and is a close family of members mostly from w10 from the tribe End which recently merged into JDI. They have a few newcomers, however. As the bashpoints show, they are aggressive and have already set out to securing their provinces and exposing the weak. They are not looking to play Farmville and don't want many alliances. If you are near them, don't be surprised if they attack you.

7- Highlanders [*H*], led by Chief Wahmpumbutt

Opinion :

They are ready to defend their members, unlike some other tribes who seem to be letting them bleed to death. Their council is fun to talk to and they have a decent PPM. They are much better at diplomacy than other tribes I've talked to.

8- Reign of Terror [0_0], led by sq31

Opinion :

These guys have been spotted on many other worlds and it looks like this one is no exception. I don't think they are going last long on this one however.

9- The Titans [WTF], led by kian1983

Opinion :

Like 0_0, they've been seen on other servers but it doesn't look like they're going to be strong on this one. You never know, though.

10- The Lumber Jacks [TLJ], led by motown21

Opinion :

This tribe is a small group composed of motown21 and his IRL friends. I've talked with him and I have reason to believe he will make a great leader. I can't speak for the rest of his tribe but I would definitely keep an eye on them.

11- Special Mention : Pink Bunnies [PBS], led by shardsofafrozenflame

Opinion :

They aren't in the top 10 at the moment but I thought I'd feature them anyway because they have some really big players and are a small group. They seem to have a few inactive players, which is troubling for such a small group, but the ones that are active are some of the biggest on the server. Their bashpoints also suggest that they are aggressive and not looking to tribal hug, much like Virus.

Lastly, we conducted an “interview” with each of the top 10 tribes’ leaders (basically just a series of questions). Credits to Taervan from w10, who we stole these questions from. We'll be adding more responses as we receive then. Encourage your tribes' leader to answer!

And that concludes our humble newsletter. We'll try to make this a weekly thing, so stay tuned!

-Jisto1, Kefka

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1042

VIRUS Responses:

1. How do you feel about the progression of the world and your tribe so far?

As many tribes found out a few days ago, our virus has already begun attacking the immune system of this world, and seems to be in line to spread in the next few days.

2. What are your thoughts on the new tribe skills and how have you invested in them so far?

Skills suck hardcore if you're looking to merge. That said, we love them.

3. What tribe do you consider to be the biggest legitimate threat on w11 as a whole at this point (Other than your own)?

Raiders seem to have a nice cluster going, and a decent PPM to back it up.

4. Without giving any intel, how do you feel about your tribe's positioning and growth so far?

Our growth has shot up rapidly, like a swelling host cell about to burst.

5. Do you think we'll see another dramatic change to the status of the top 10 in the next week or two, or do you expect to see these tags maintain?

Yes. When nobles come out, we will then see who the real deals are in this world.

6. Have you come across any unexpected surprises so far?

Yes. Did you know that there are some tribes who take an attack on a single member so seriously that they'd start a war pre-nobles?

7. Which player (not including yourself) do you consider to be the most dangerous on this world? This is a two part answer. Give me a name for a player using crowns, and one not using crowns.

Either Zloi or Kefka for crowns. Glad we have them on our side. Those two are beasts. I'm not sure about non-crown users.

8. Is your tribe a premade or did you mostly put it together after starting?

About 70%-30%. Many of us play together on another world, and a few of us are new to the team.

9. What do you wish others to know about your tribe and what it stands for?

Our tribe focuses on skill and experience, not on numbers. We very much so believe in quality over quantity.

10. If you weren't leading your own tribe, what tribe would you want to be a part of and why?

If I weren't leading this tribe, I would probably just not play this world. I'm here because of my friends, and looking around, I don't think anywhere else would feel like home.

11. Any general comments you would like to make about yourself, your tribe, or others?

The infection is going to start spreading soon. Have fun trying to create a vaccination. ;)

NAO Responses :

Everything is going in slow motion till everyone has Nobles.

2. What are your thoughts on the new tribe skills and how have you invested in them so far?

I like them. We have made a small investment.

3. What tribe do you consider to be the biggest legitimate threat on w11 as a whole at this point (Other than your own)?

I like Antibiotics and whenever I was on them I got a pink bunny. So those are the 2 that have my eye.

4. Without giving any intel, how do you feel about your tribe's positioning and growth so far?

I feel like Cooking a marshmallow over a low flame.

5. Do you think we'll see another dramatic change to the status of the top 10 in the next week or two, or do you expect to see these tags maintain?

The Top 10 always change.

Yes.

7. Which player (not including yourself) do you consider to be the most dangerous on this world? This is a two part answer. Give me a name for a player using crowns, and one not using crowns.

The one that plans on kicking my ass. The one that pays to enjoy the pleasure.

After I started.

Ne Agito Oppeto (Death is Unavoidable)

10. If you weren't leading your own tribe, what tribe would you want to be a part of and why?

One that is savage and likes to see how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Have you ever savagely eaten a tootsie pop?

11. Any general comments you would like to make about yourself, your tribe, or others?

We have.We have not.We may be.We have been.We always will be.

NOM Responses :

The world is progressing slow and my tribe is progressing faster than the world is right now and it is making farming an issue.

I like the tribe skills they are a very important component to this game.

Besides my own tribe the biggest threat on this world would be COL. i know their players from another world. they are good players and will be dangerous.

Couldn’t be happier with our tribe growth. but everyone can expect fast growth initially it is keeping the players active that will determine world standings soon

I feel like the top 10 players will remain to the money players as their growth will always be fast. what you have to watch out for are the players ranked in the 50's to around 150.

Only big surprise is the virus already attacking people this early in the game.

Can’t really answer this one because i don’t know many of them. of the ones i do know Grathios will definitely be one to watch out for. As well as Waurick.

My tribe is half premade from good players in another world. The other half is recruited and I have no idea who they are.

My tribe stands above all else for honor and integrity!

COL because the founder and i are tribe mates on another world.

The Nomads are either your best friend or your worst enemy!

TLJ Responses :

1.How do you feel about the progression of the world and your tribe so far?

I like it. this tribe consists of basically a large group of close real life friends.

I like tribe experience and skills. I don't like how much of an advantage spending money is but i understand the game is a business.

The raiders appear to have things together. it will be interesting to see how everything pans out. I'm sure there will be mergers and things will change.

I think our positioning is acceptable. it could be better i could be worse. there is potential though.

I think the top 10 will stay relatively consistent.

Devils domain went to crap. dunno what happened there. i was really worried at first because i was surrounded by like 8 of them in my prov but they fell apart.

I think Illeon will be a top guy. he is the only one i know really well. I don't know if he s using crowns or not. I don't pay attention to that.

Its mostly premade. bunch of real life friends getting together for fun.

Our tribe name is an inside joke about the player thewalkdeez.

I'm not picky. I would find a tribe that's near me and seems to function well.

Nothing comes to mind.

DeletedUser

Congratulations ZloI on being the first player on w11 to noble!

DeletedUser1178

Good Job guys looking good so far, Hope this brings more people to the forums.

DeletedUser1042

Q: How do you feel about the progression of the world and your tribe so far?
A: It's too early to tell. Right now all we can see is potential, since nobles are a ways off to most players. As for the Highlanders, we've had a few skirmishes. Our veteran players are showing our newer players how things are done, and we've got a few gems among those new players who have shown some grit so far.
Q: What are your thoughts on the new tribe skills and how you have invested in them so far?
A: Our council votes on where to spend our tribe skill points. I'm still getting used to the differences between this TW and its predecessor, so I trust my fellow council members in their decisions.
Q: What tribe do you consider to be the biggest legitimate threat on w11 as a whole at this point (Other than your own)?
A: I haven't heard much from other top ten tribal leaders, but Virus has shown themselves as a force to be reckoned with. They have an aggressive play style, aren't afraid to poke around the other top ten, and are already pushing members of other top ten tribes out of their provinces. We Highlanders are encouraging our members to do the same.
Q: Without giving any intel, how do you feel about your tribe's positioning and growth so far?
A: I have confidence we'll be one of the top 5 contenders in Kronburg.
Q: Do you think we'll see another dramatic change to the status of the top 10 in the next week or two, or do you expect to see these tags maintain?
A: The MRTs will die out. This early in the game, they're full of Sim City players and TribalHuggers. All it takes is throwing a few axes at them and they give up. After another couple of weeks or so, we'll see how well their core members stick together after the massive shield of points falls away.
Q: Have you come across any unexpected surprises so far?
A: Why, yes, we have. The Highlanders approached a tribe to open communications and test the waters of a possible future alliance and got more than they bargained for. We were prepared for many things, but not the wild band of rather insane hooligans we met who have rather appalling tact in diplomacy. It was a pleasant surprise.
Q: Which player (not including yourself) do you consider to be the most dangerous on this world? This is a two part answer. Give me a name for a player using crowns, and one not using crowns.
A: I find this question a bit difficult. I don't really look at a player's success individually. Rather, I see a tribe's success and look at how their member's locations and bashpoints correspond to their enemies'. That way I see how they work together as a team and coordinate attacks and defense. I find it an intriguing puzzle.
Q:Is your tribe a premade or did you mostly put it together after starting?
A: Our tribe is about 50/50. We started as a premade, but brought in some new players as well. We know it's going to be tough to show them the ropes and mold them into veteran players, but we all started somewhere, and we want to give that chance to those that seek it. We're not interested in players that use our tribe as a shield, but expect our members to contribute, participate, and communicate. There's going to be some fat to trim, but if we find a few diamonds in the rough it's worth it.
Q: What do you wish others to know about your tribe and what it stands for?
A: I think I've pretty much gotten that across in my previous answers, but I'll add that we won't back down from a challenge. Our coat of arms may seem silly at first with a unicorn, but you'll quickly realize its meaning of indomitable strength if you strike at us or our allies, and you'll regret the err you made.
Q: If you weren't leading your own tribe, what tribe would you want to be a part of and why?
A: I'm a bit vain, I tend to be influenced by names I like. I'd join a tribe named something like The Highlanders for my Scottish heritage over something cliche like Dragon's Blood Mercenaries, or boring like Nomads or Raiders, or patriarchal like The Council of Lords. That being said, I don't care how awesome a name sounds. If you mass recruit, you can count me out. In fact, I may throw an axe at you for inviting me to such a steaming pile of....well, let's keep this diplomatic...poo, because let's be honest: You can polish a turd of a tribe with a nice name, but it's still a turd of a tribe for mass recruiting Sim City TribalHuggers.
Q: Any general comments you would like to make about yourself, your tribe, or others?
A: Why, yes. I would like to direct anyone who dislikes my comments to the "Restart" feature in your settings. If you have too many villages to use this function, don't worry. I'll noble them off your hands for you. Also, I'm craving some Mac 'n' Cheese. With tuna in it. And a bit of hot sauce.

____________________________Newsletter response ends here___________________________________
After reading the one-sentence replies of other tribes, I must say I feel rather silly.

DeletedUser491

hmm O_O have been spotted on other worlds but they either merge into they winning tribe or become one of the last tribes left to fight the biggest tribe so i don't like you assumption on they will lose quickly.....
however yes it is true they have yet to claim a world for themselves but who knows they might this time around.....
thier tribe is made of solid players that i play with on other worlds (at least from last time i checked) so again we will have to see about your "assumptions"

DeletedUser1042

They've already merged into NAO, make of that what you will

DeletedUser

Well considering that they've already merged, I think we can probably count this world out for O_O winning under that name.

DeletedUser491

yeah i am going to say already that this world either already belong to NAO or *V*.....i know players from both tribes and they both are decent....

DeletedUser

I really loved the newsletter guys keep up the hard work and unbiased reporting.

DeletedUser

Is this going to be a fortnightly or monthly publication?

DeletedUser1247

Btw Kluv there is no more *V* what a pity. All those "opinions" are now pointless

DeletedUser1247

All the tribes that merged with us because they know we(NAO) are the best...and O_O merged with us because we are all friends and thought it would be best to be in the same tribe...anyway Idk why I am saying this so I will shut up now lol