• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Night Time

DeletedUser

I know night time runs from 0hs to 8am, but whats the server time?

Tokano

Not a Mod
The official server time for the game is GMT (good luck getting anyone to actually tell you this. I had to dig through code to find it and when I sent in a ticket to ask they said "it's all localized").
Which if you're on the East Coast, you add 5 hours.
However, that doesn't matter since they run the US server as if it was EST.
The only time I can think where you would need the server time is if you're making a script; and TW2 frowns upon that for some reason which is why I assume they won't tell anyone the actual server time.

DeletedUser

Actually its because I like sending my troops at night so that they land between 8:00 and 8:05, if they hit before that, the enemy I am attacking is getting nigt bonus (100% def bonus)-

Tokano

Not a Mod
Night mode has been turned off by the developers because it was super easy to exploit. Since night mode activated based on your PC's region and time settings to "accurately" determine when night mode should active per account, players were able to just change the time on their PC's to midnight to get the 100% defense bonus and have an unfair advantage.

When they turn it back on, it should be based on the server time which, which they will start at 05:00 GMT to simulate 00:00 EST. You'll see it in the upper right hand corner of the screen where inbound attacks normally pop up. It will look like a moon surrounded by stars and be accompanied with a timer.

DeletedUser

Maybe a suggestion, but can't they base it on the IP address of the player?

Tokano

Not a Mod
Proxies and VPN's would mess that up as well.
They would do better to just apply it to the server time.

DeletedUser

Tokano;n2433 said:
Proxies and VPN's would mess that up as well.
They would do better to just apply it to the server time.

Yeah, you're right.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Alternatively, they could require an address (or region) when players sign up so that they could accurately determine when night mode should be activated per account, but that would be a huge hassle for the developers and I don't think people would be too happy if they moved timezones and weren't able to change it to accurately apply when they were asleep.

A blanket activation at 05:00 GMT just seems so much easier.