• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

No Morale Penalty during Tribal Domination

DeletedUser734

Right now when a tribe hits 70%, nothing really happens when the world enters "tribe domination". A new rule gets added that mergers are now banned, but overall the gameplay remains the same. Especially considering most worlds are closed to new members long before this number is reached.

Since at this point in the world, a comeback is probably not realistic, I think an additional rule that would make this a more important part of the gameplay would be to eliminate the morale penalty. Basically it would make the game more fun for large players and eliminate some of the painful grind that comes at the end of the world, especially in regard to players who have gone inactive and haven't barbed out yet.

DeletedUser1500

That's a good idea. The morale penalty helps them survive, but at the end of days...if the player doesn't have enough cities, that's on them. It domination time!
I like it. These worlds last forever. There is plenty of time for fair catchup for late joins and slow growers.

DeletedUser465

Problem with that is they don't have the ability to modify the server themselves, I believe germany handles that. Maybe he can put in a request but who knows.
Could be wrong however

Tokano

Not a Mod
You know... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this isn't possible for the CM's to do directly and a request would have to be made.
I say this because there is an actual formula to calculate morale and that formula seems to be hard-coded into the game itself rather than it being an input setting.

For those of you nerdy enough to want to know the morale formula is:
Code:
Morale = 3*[defenderPoints]/[attackerPoints]+.25

DeletedUser734

You know... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this isn't possible for the CM's to do directly and a request would have to be made.
I say this because there is an actual formula to calculate morale and that formula seems to be hard-coded into the game itself rather than it being an input setting.

For those of you nerdy enough to want to know the morale formula is:
Code:
Morale = 3*[defenderPoints]/[attackerPoints]+.25

Would putting a request in for this when a world hits tribal domination be unreasonable? I'm unfamiliar with how the organization works/how difficult this would be. It feels like a quick email, but I don't know.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Would putting a request in for this when a world hits tribal domination be unreasonable? I'm unfamiliar with how the organization works/how difficult this would be. It feels like a quick email, but I don't know.
Well, it would be something we would send to the developers and they would prioritize it how they see fit. Right now I think their main focus is bug fixes based on the last few updates we've had.
Then we get this look from them for asking them to divert their attention:
CgrRuiiUYAER0fA.jpg