• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

OK...here goes the defense sucks rant again

DeletedUser

BEHIND A LEVEL 20 WALL....WITH ALMOST 1000 DEFENSE TROOPS... a mere 500 attackers on horseback... come to my walls... destroy 5 levels of my defense wall... all my defending troops... without a single siege weapon ...

GET A GRIP GUYS.... cmon and make the game defense able to actually DEFEND the troops that are INSIDE the castle walls... that mounted archer with his bow...is NOT going to damage a stone castle wall... troops in the open I grant you...but...a defensive archer/swordsman/spearman....behind a level 20 wall... IS NOT going to be easily wiped out without the ATTACKER bringing something to knock down some of that wall....

Your defense logic is extremely flawed in favor of the attacker if you are allowing them to penetrate defenses that take days to build and tons of resources with troops carrying weapons that cant penetrate wood much less stone. They would be mowed down by the thousands WAY before they even reached the wall.

Get some type of clue that they just cant ride up to a castle and shoot an arrow over the wall and kill the whole defense force that is concealed behind that wall. Too flawed...Too much time to build... Too much resource gathering and time building defenses to have them taken down in this poorly designed Attacker -VS- Defender calculation you are using. FIX it...

DeletedUser

Can you show the report? I can explain better what happened :D

DeletedUser

I appreciate your time..... BUT.... my point is ... without any seige equipment....the attackers are not going to damage a wall.....and... fighting from defensive positions ... behind stone...a moat...and under a hail of arrows... no WALKING attacker... or MOUNTED attacker is going to last very long in the open attacking a stronghold... the logic is flawed and since the entire defense force was wiped out .. even though their established defenses were not breached...nor could they have been without seige weapons.... its just stupid to build any defense troops....build the walls... let them come and kill what they will kill...but...the defense troops really did nothing to even slow down the attack.... plus...lets see how you hauled all that loot away without dropping the defensive wall...just wrong

DeletedUser

Well A) ur only defense unit was archers and 200 total of lc and archers, 1500 attack units vs 200 defense units... almost always a total defense unit wipeout. 2nd Just archers on defense... bad idea

This game doesnt take in a range idea as u mentioning, archers don't shot things before other troops get in range, i agree this is unrealistic combat

However Games I played with a range factor turned out to be just mono highest range unit armies or over power other units to counter it so it ended up a very unbalanced game system

DeletedUser465

We need to see how many units you had defending.
With only archers and LCs I do not see you winning that battle either way lol

Edit: oh yo can look at amount defending haha

Yes 207 units are not going to stop 1500 units regardless.

Each unit has a defensive power against other unit types.

DeletedUser

Tremendously unrealistic I agree... just a game of gathering resources and attacking troops numbers... without using siege weapons... you could bring 10,000 troops to a battle... better bring alot of body bags... Defensive troops normally are given a 4-1 or a 5-1 ratio bonus because of them fighting from fixed positions and cover. I appreciate your time. Game plays out almost on the level of Pokemon cards when you do not take into account the traditional bonuses for defending troops..the abilities of required units to destroy a stronghold.. why have siege weapons if a few hundred mounted archers can basically do the same thing... they cant...Rams and Catapults were designed and built to overcome fixed defenses... and they should be required to damage any defensive buildings... otherwise its just a rain of arrows versus my 10 foot thick stone walls... and they would make lovely kindling...but...damage would be barely minimal ....

EVEN the Orcs had to bring catapults to damage walls....and cave trolls.... LOL.... love armored cave trolls...LOL....

DeletedUser

watch the movie again.... 2nd one they had a couple bombs, than a tree trunkram, 3rd one the siege didnt work so they brought elephants which was slaughtered by ghosts

hope u talking about lotr xD

DeletedUser

True True.... perhaps that wouldve been more acceptable if they had brought some Rams and bombs along with the horse cavalry... either way...LOTR was at least a bit more accurate on siege battles than this game...

DeletedUser645

Could you please provide a screenshot of the wall level being dropped? At least I can't see it in this screenshot...

DeletedUser

Interestingly.... having posted in this forum....my attacker has now launched over 10 attacks against all my villages and they are now all incoming..... way overpowering any defenses I might even consider mounting......therefore.....its been fun for awhile...but... I think this is stupid to even continue attempting to play the game... feel free to notify me anytime this turns out to be an enjoyable game.....AMFendofgame1.jpg

DeletedUser

unfortunally your 10K pts on us5? your not in for a fun time

DeletedUser

True True.... I appreciate the opportunity to play awhile and then get wiped the hell out the first time I post on the forum. La La La.... too many other fun games to actually have enjoyment playing to worry about this... thanks for all the help...

DeletedUser

You shouldn't quit, you should find a good tribe on one of the newer worlds (Us7 or Us8) and get a better understanding of the game

DeletedUser1260

Yes all I saw in the report is a drop in village loyalty, if I am reading it properly. Plus, I agree that troops shouldn't drop a wall without rams at least in tow. That report is unconclusive to what you want noticed. I am sorry.

DeletedUser

Point is .... the abuse of the newer players gets to the point that the Clans/Tribes/Hoodlums of the servers are allowed to bully the newbies and .. as in a lot of other simulator games.... they run off all the players that play for the enjoyment of the game... Star Trek...and a few others are correcting this by kicking the higher level players up to servers where they HAVE to play against similar opponents... the number of abandoned cities/villages that are converted to Barbarians should indicate that the newer players are being abused and have left the game ... its either because the game is not enjoyable to them...which does occur....or.... they are beaten to the ground by the dog robbers that are of a much higher level and simply give up trying to play a game that is in an arena where they have absolutely no hope of progressing .... or having fun... these games are full of chair-living trolls that ruin a good game...by getting off abusing players new to the game....

support ....HELLO...kick them to a server where they are challenged and allow the new players to grow into good players ... before getting their butts handed to them by a player that is 10 times their strength...

people do not play these games to NOT enjoy themselves.... and they sure as hell will not invest money in them ...

DeletedUser

Yes all I saw in the report is a drop in village loyalty, if I am reading it properly. Plus, I agree that troops shouldn't drop a wall without rams at least in tow. That report is unconclusive to what you want noticed. I am sorry.

More pointedly.... archers on horseback....should not be able to shoot over a stone wall and wipe out an entire defense force. Until you actually reduce the wall ... casualties to a defending army should be extremely lower ... no matter their numbers... you just cant penetrate a defensive wall with arrows... once that is down...yes.... wipe them out...but..first...you have to get IN the castle to cause significant casualties to a defending force.....hence the reason for siege weapons and castles to hold out for months before an attacking army.... stone walls are tough

DeletedUser1260

I say no defense in that village you gave the report for shotgun so I can't tell you one way or the other if your point was valid. The only icons I saw lit up were Light cavalry and Heavy Cavalry no numbers.

Actually the game is built to help out those that are smaller than some players with a attack penalty. I can tell you the same thing happened to me on the first world of the international server, having never played the original TW and being surrounded by veteran players. I learned and never gave up.
I was taught no one should be allowed to grow in your province regardless of affiliation because they have that chapel. That if someone takes a barb in your province don't hesitate to take it back or they will have a church in your province. That don't talk to anyone close to you because they marking your time, a trick from TW.
I am sorry your experience has been bad and yes I agree I am even brutal to those around me not in my tribe. That is the game. it is how the majority of people play it. It is the luck of the draw if you get leaders that take the time to help you get through and learn. I have been lucky since my first world to get that help but I had to ask questions.
And check world 8, not long in process and some good tribes there. Some more patient than others you just have to ask them their policy on helping people learn the game.

And if you have any questions I am more than happy to help you understand anything you need to succeed and love this game as much as I do. Just send me a personal message. :D