• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Old School Players From TW1

DeletedUser

Hm. Debated whether to open this as a topic or not, actually.

I was wondering if there were any (or how many there are) players from the old TW games here.

Though specifically from the earlier worlds. Back when I went to a community college I started playing TW when world 15 was somewhat new. I played for a while, joined a couple tribes, got into some pretty big clan wars. It was lots of fun - but since I didn't pay premium, managing 200+ villages was a huge pain, and took too much time. So I quit.

A few days ago, I decided to check it out. I think though that this will go beyond just "checking out" :p. I may or may not stick around though, depending on if anyone nobles me early, or if I join a strong tribe. Who knows. Though no matter what happens, its been refreshing coming back, seeing the graphics update, the tools updated, pretty much everything. Including the resources it takes from my PC! :p

Anyway, gotta fly. Don't know if anyone will respond, but visiting again is really nostalgic. Have fun guys.

Tokano

Not a Mod
We're still around.^^
We're mainly in the bug/suggestion complaining that this game isn't everything TW1 is.

DeletedUser

That makes sense. Its taken some time to get used to - but as I said, I left TW1 a while ago. Unfortunately right now I'm way out in the boonies near TSE territory. Ah well. Nice to know you guys still play. I wonder if I'll see anyone from world 15 though, haha.

DeletedUser

Ah, nice to see you then :).

The worlds I was in were W12, W15 (main), W18, W22, W46. Most of those didn't go anywhere though ^^;

Tokano

Not a Mod
xP I've played nearly every world since W1(EN). I typically would start up under the name Tokano and I would drop the account once I found someone who needed a co-player.
Learned how to play from an awesome guy named Peeyush. I can't remember the account name for the life of me.:p Taught Partsu how to play and before MarkedWarrior got banned, I helped him learn how to play. So I've been playing a long time. My favorite worlds are W9 and W24.

DeletedUser

Ah, sounds like you were quite the player then! I never did anything that fantastic. I just followed my buddies around and tried to support them all I could during the wars we kept getting into on our way up to the top 10. I remember our leader ArgyleDragon was in the top 5 at one point. My glory tales are all fuzzy on the details. haha XP

On thing that stands out to me though, is in W15, a war between }}RP{{ and DMN. We in RagingPhonix were far weaker than they were, but due to our excellent generals, and ArgyleDragon being completely indomitable, we dragged out the war far longer than anyone thought. I remember someone on the forum at one point going "That war is still going on?" XD.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Bahaha. That pretty cool.
I forgot what world it was now, but my co-player and I (Peeyush at the time) were kicked from our tribe because we openly challenged the notion of betraying our sister tribe and nobling them out WHILE we were at war with another tribe (NWO). So we were out in the world, tribeless and pissed off. We contacted our previous tribes ally and told them what had happened and they were going to take us in, but they were afraid to make our old tribe who hated us angry by taking us in and there wasn't a tribe anywhere that would have us. So we were forced to fight our old tribe, our old enemies, and the players we pissed off along the way who saw we weren't in a tribe. There were literally thousands of attacks landing a day. It was EPIC.

So eventually, after almost two weeks of fending off attacks, sniping noble trains, and taking the villages that we cleared or were cleared on our defense, we grew about 100 villages and lost probably 12 altogether and our old allies messaged us and we joined and when our old tribe came after our new tribe our new tribe dropped the alliance with them and warred them. It was pretty epic. xP

We were seriously both online, on that account, for 12 - 20 hours at a time before one of us would crash and the other would pick up the slack till the other woke back up and then the other would crash. It was the most draining, most intense Tribal Wars 1 experience of my life. I've never had anything like that happen since. Granted, Alnwick is getting pretty close to that same story. The only difference is my old tribe isn't attacking me and I don't have a co-player.

DeletedUser

Hah. That sounds like a glorious fight. Probably hell at the time, but looking back on it...well I'd say that's something to be proud of.

My problem is right now my current tribe is literally dissolving due to terrible leadership, and I'm trying to find a good tribe to join. I looked to LoF (in Drachenfels) but it seems the top ten tribes are all fighting each other now, no one is safe, and I'm trying to get my second village...

Tokano

Not a Mod
Looking back, it's the best time I've ever had in Tribal Wars. Ever.
At the time it was happening, I was like "why are we even playing this? Why not just quit?" I'm so glad we stuck it out. It was the most brutal and best fight of my life. xP

It was a fantastic learning experience, though.

I feel your pain on the tribe issue though. That is why I don't go searching for tribes. I let them come to me. The ones who immediately send me an invitation are denied and the ones who wait for a few days (or weeks) I'll genuinely take an interest in because that shows they aren't mass recruiting point whores. The selective tribes are always the best ones.

DeletedUser

True. That's what I did with DeD in my first TW experience, and everyone there was really good, and really supportive.

I just don't want to be nobled out before I get anywhere, or picked off by a whole tribe because I have a bunch of villages. Though I suppose there's always a risk for that. I Just feel its more likely if you dont have a tribe.

Tokano

Not a Mod
This game isn't nearly as aggressive as TW1.
I was gone from the game for over 4 days and didn't let anyone know I was leaving and not a single spy or attack landed on any of my villages. If this were TW1, I would have lost a ton of troops and villages. xP

So don't be too afraid of going alone for a while. Most people in this game are still learning, building hybrid villages, and are uninterested in attacking someone.

DeletedUser

Or building defense in every village they own... I'm not bitter.

Tokano

Not a Mod
xP
Yeah... A lot of turtles. Burn down the church and the turtle turns into a sitting duck though.

DeletedUser

Attack with your catapults and target the church, then have the ram go for the walls. I have a few friends from my tribe who left and started their own one, but its a small little group, and less of a tribe. They just couldn't handle the poor communication.

Though yeah, you're completely right. I've noticed that...I mean I started playing this game, and I got SUPER EFFING paranoid about loosing troops and villages upon going off the 5 day protection. Super paranoid. I've had some fierce battles with other players just trying to get my old villages back. I may just end up nobling all the villages in my province, and bunkering down. Not a lot of good villages near me, pretty much none. I'd rather get compact and easy to defend. I'd probably look like a better target for recruitment than fighting when a good tribe reaches me.