• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Order of the Teutonic Knights, is it worth building?

DeletedUser394

Is it worth having an Order of the Teutonic Knights for Trebuchets and the reduced cost of Calvary troops? I haven't seen many players have more than the 10 Free trebuchets you get for a quest. Is it worth having for a village building all Calvary troops? Is it worth building trebuchets to move to forward positions for extra defense vs Rams/Cats??

By how the wiki reads, trebuchets are calculated 1st in the battle. It would be great if the combat video was expanded to add information about siege troops, rams, catapults, & trebuchets. Could trebuchets be really OP and no one knows??

DeletedUser465

Yes I highly agree more information on how siege is calculated would be nice. As for trebs, on world 1, i've used them in my turtle island and they did make a difference against the 500 ram nukes I took. (Wall goes to like, 10 or 15 instead of 0 xD)

As far as the orders go, I guess if you want to look at it from a unit production point of view, every level is 1% cheaper units of that type, now that equals 1 free unit every 100 built, resource cost wise. However I don't think that is worth it, as you are really picking an order for the unit it creates to be available. If you want that town to make trebs build that, zerks - build that, sabotage missions - build that.

DeletedUser406

Yeah at this point what I'm doing is building one village in every province I own multiple villages in as teutonic so I can have some trebs to move around while defending myself. These guys move slower than nobles so you have to remember that when you're building them. So in my opinion make 1 maybe 2 per province the rest zerkers or sabo

DeletedUser

Its a toss-up man, I have used them a lot, and they are a good unit, but at what cost? I think overall, for what it takes to recruit 100 trebs, and get the necessary buildings (21-25 HQ and the Hall), you are in the 1500 provisions range. And I dont think I would build it for anything less than that many. Not to mention it is a relatively sizable rez cost, but you can always replenish that.

Up to you if thats worth it or not... ;)

DeletedUser

well for a defense city, cheaper HC :D additionally, trebs keep wallsafe and thats always a plus however, your right, its uncommon to run into alot of trebs, mainly cuz of travel time.