• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Play to pay -vs- play and stay......

• Thread starter DeletedUser2148
  • Start date

DeletedUser2148

Sorry wrong game and forum......was talking about forge of empires. While not knocking the game...... some still applies to all p4p games.

Whatever happen to the mantra that in a video game, people made it so you wouldn't stop playing. No time restrictions. The more someone plays and advances the more likely they would pay to stay.

Now to setup the right scenario to make a play to pay and stay is/can be difficult. !st no1 wants to buy stuff that will be used up in 5mins. As a owner, you may think this will get them to want to buy more to advance, but not so much. Remember all this is just free stuff you can make and give out, the trick is to make people want it. While the prices are reasonable, i guess. it doesn't add up to time you can play.

I want to play more, but i'm not going to pay for something i'm gonna use up in one go, and then feel like it wasn't worth it. Like yall betting on addicts for purchases. Thinking give a lil and they come back for more(which doesn't work that way)......people in the middle of game are the most likely to pay, after you invest time, and have fun.............
You can see how many abandoned account there are......

if the battles and time to make troops and march there was shortened, so you could fight alot more and keep people playing could only benefit.

One way to entice players is to have good random treasure drops (e.g. diablo 2)....its all about the gamble aspect of what you can get, that keep people playing.

you give rewards that are 2,3 items short and then make it long time for that to complete, or $1, $2 to do instant. if you had quest/items that added up to triple time march fairly easy, them have last 2 items to complete take 2 days. then that how you get em.

160 crowns for $5 dollars is weak, can use that in 2 mins. but many will try to hold on to them as long as they can without spending at that price. 500 for $5 is going to get ppl spending them crowns like water, and then all of a sudden they out.....hell $5 more is easily then rationalized because they were able to actually do a few things with their loots.............

and no matter what you give, or how far that would put them ahead is meaningless, because owners can tweak higher levels. so you have levels- 10-20 that could get through fast, then 20-30 make it grind and make purchases not as meaningfully through those level, but then relax on 30-40.

and economy you need some rares, special items.....a great way to do that is (still rare) have drops for noobs of items to high for them and wanted by end gamers. Make it so end gamers have to rely on noobs for certain resources, so enders just not stockpiling stuff and getting bored, and wanted new players......then u have them advertising/marketing for you.

In business (my occupation) the cheaper you sell the more you sell, which bypasses expensive items for higher costs......and make more money cheaper, and anyways it all money you can make by just adding things you make up in head.

Time is the key, I want to play more. While there is a break intime where you can't do anything, and seeing how long and much it will take is off putting.

If people can't play a game for hours(specially at start), then why play at all? When you have to wait you look for something else to play....and may never come back.

try something, what you got to lose......December discount special and do the numbers.........

me 2cents, while i have hours to wait to play, as i look for something else more. If you put "me" in position where i played a good bit to get items to so something "special" and needed 2 more items to level/fight, etc....and it said 2 days, and i could by for $2 bucks. You got my money...........

And the game seems pretty "cool", nice job guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2148

HA HA HA, sorry wrong game........was talking about FOE.........still play for pay applies.

alil tangent...why does it seem that game makers try to bank on the fact that people will pay to speed things up. Now while there is no doubt people do. But more concerning newer players, dont feel invested enough to pay, and after looking. like now everything i have to make is hours long, while that okay...give me something to do mean while, like speed up battle times. about 2 days and already at a wall, as investment time goes, that not enough for me to part with a few bucks.....specially if only going to barely move me along. for $5 buck (160 coins), i would like at least 2-3 hours of playing time of enjoyment for $5.

I have no doubt people pay, I owned a droid game for a while, and did pretty well. But very outdated now as it was one of the first out when the OS came out.

also I woudl think if income goal matched store bought game prices, that would be a win, get $60 or so out of a person. I do know ppl that have thrown $100s at P2P games, so im not preaching.

if you give more crowns for the money and lower certain things like time 5 coins= hour of time, instead of 26 crowns for 40 mins, I'm saving them crowns. But at 5c many would prolly use, and once you get people to use them more loosely, it start to b sumthing you need instead of want.

and add things to crowns that don't use crowns atm, 5 crown to build 2 buildings at sametime. hell that worth it, and then ppl would want/have to use that all the time.

anyways a few items for sale are good items for game, but 1700 coins for some stuff, and it not going to extend playing time for about $30..........like awesome got cool items, still have to wait 2 hours for troops to battle to use items...sigh

Anyways i think my hours wait for my upgrade is done. money should=value for time. The farther you can progress with out a time block does effect peoples pocket. You get someone playing with time blocks but 2,3,4,5 crowns to speed it up. they will use them and then when your lil 50 coins gone, now you need those, at right price. The cheaper coins are $5 for 450, sounds good, and only $5, might buy 2 or 3 times a night, but $20 for 866, if you banking on kids with no money sense, and they buying em up, good for u'all. got 10 places that going to take hours to complete, 5-10 coins to complete many would use. Then when they have no more and it says 2 hour wait, or get 100/2,3,400 crowns for $5 bucks sounds like a deal......hell it only $5

end game is where you jackup prices as they invested in game and like to show off, specially special stuff only available by crowns or whatever.

See yahoo, droped last stand zombie game....price to high for to little. Anyways I know ya'll make nice money from your setup as is. can't hurt to try a lil psychology to make it a win/win/win and more money. specially when it comes to capturing new people and having them stay. Take Diablo2, massive hit, while not p2p. the concepts and flow of the game never stopped, and could of made alot of $$$...hehe I did......trading is a big thing in games

also there is always advertising $$$ to tap into.....specially videos over 2mins long can bank $5 or more, netflix pays for watching trailers, commericals, etc, and you can affiliate with them, or the many other out there..... find a game advertiser, offer some crowns for watching (Huge market) (of course u set it up so you make more money that the price of crowns vs ad monies) and not stupid surveys, those are out, and alot of none payments, etc.....

Rant over.....and again nice lil game, happy holidays take care and be safe everyone.....................

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2148

lets re-rant as I have hours to upgrade....... Honestly for this game to capture random players to stay, any game. You have to give em something to "do" to keep going. Kinda crazy to make 3 days to get 2nd village, and amount of resourses to level and time. What are ppl suppose to do? U want them to stay and play, got to suck em in, with an amount of time of non stop play.....leveling is long and that b ok, but let ppl attack faster, do something.

Seems games that P2P think they can work on this idea that people---"kids" will love the gane so much that they will want to pay to keep going. Almost like a gambling addict thatcan't help themselves. kids not going to wait for that, and I can see there not many 13-18yo people here. And they are the best customers, with indispensable income from parents. what you think ppl think when they see 16 hour wait time? you figure the times going to get way, way longer....nice for casual player, but how much they spend? Get some of your kids in your family to play and ask them what they think? Game has the want more factor, but $$$ doesn't = time and fun. Games are to be fun. What's fun of waiting 20 hours toget resourses, and someone attack you and now have to wait 5-10-15 hours to build back up, and same amount of time to build army back up? Personally happen to me, twice...quit that server. that no fun, redoing what you already did for a day or 2. And the 10% increase in travel time for crowns, is a joke. 2hours travel time, sure ill pay to chop off 20mins, NOT.

And I like hardcore, long games...not hardcore because of wait time thou, and barb villages have crap for resourses to attack most times. TOO much time waiting... Trading; sigh....hours, come on.

Guess i'm old school, still what u'all think happens with all this wait time? people go to other games to play. Like me hip hopping from game to game. And to be fair I'm still playing, cause game looks like it would be really fun, but times just kill it........and I know for sure u'all got people paying everyday......SO my post is semi true/meaningful/valid.

It's xmas time, perfect time to have a sale. without seeming like you just droping prices and uping times...see how much more you can make. PEOPLE want to play for amounts of time, the trick is to give value, time for money.
How many players play games for hours at a time? the longer they play the more chance to get money. Here, you play a bit and everything is timed so long your done, looking for something else to play, do. Like write ranty posts, that most prolly have no influence.

Sigh 6 more hours to get resourses to level headquarters, then 45 min to lvl up, then what 6-10 hours to get enough to level resources that take 2+ hours for each resource to level(that's days), then 16 hours for rally point.......too much time to early......hell talking myself into moving on to something that can be played for 1-2-3-4-5 hours at a time. more crowns for money like 350-500 for $5, lower times, make 10 crowns take off 30- 45 mins travel time. make it somethings cheap so people use them a lot, like water....and wants turn into needs. if 10 crowns took hour of travel time I would have used my lil 50 crowns you gave use, and for $5 for 350-500 more, not much of a choice if u like the game. save 35 hours, hell ya...............

anyways Merry xmas, and don't let krampus in............Personally would have game so there always something to do and NEVER, EVER make a game that you come to a point where you have nothing todo but wait, and leave to find something else to entertain, and have chance for other games to steal your players

DeletedUser1573

find the archived & forwarded ideas folder, theres one for a speed server, leave a comment with your support.

DeletedUser1255

Beyonder, I get that the game may start a little slow but it does pick up. Tribal Wars 2 is both a Strategic Game as well as a Collaborative Game - during those times of building, farming etc.... you build up the social side of the game... talk with neighboring players, start prepping for potential tribe selection, looking to see where you may grow your villages... anyway.... just my thoughts on part of this. :)

I love both sides of the game.
lets re-rant as I have hours to upgrade....... Honestly for this game to capture random players to stay, any game. You have to give em something to "do" to keep going. Kinda crazy to make 3 days to get 2nd village, and amount of resourses to level and time. What are ppl suppose to do? U want them to stay and play, got to suck em in, with an amount of time of non stop play.....leveling is long and that b ok, but let ppl attack faster, do something.

Seems games that P2P think they can work on this idea that people---"kids" will love the gane so much that they will want to pay to keep going. Almost like a gambling addict thatcan't help themselves. kids not going to wait for that, and I can see there not many 13-18yo people here. And they are the best customers, with indispensable income from parents. what you think ppl think when they see 16 hour wait time? you figure the times going to get way, way longer....nice for casual player, but how much they spend? Get some of your kids in your family to play and ask them what they think? Game has the want more factor, but $$$ doesn't = time and fun. Games are to be fun. What's fun of waiting 20 hours toget resourses, and someone attack you and now have to wait 5-10-15 hours to build back up, and same amount of time to build army back up? Personally happen to me, twice...quit that server. that no fun, redoing what you already did for a day or 2. And the 10% increase in travel time for crowns, is a joke. 2hours travel time, sure ill pay to chop off 20mins, NOT.

And I like hardcore, long games...not hardcore because of wait time thou, and barb villages have crap for resourses to attack most times. TOO much time waiting... Trading; sigh....hours, come on.

Guess i'm old school, still what u'all think happens with all this wait time? people go to other games to play. Like me hip hopping from game to game. And to be fair I'm still playing, cause game looks like it would be really fun, but times just kill it........and I know for sure u'all got people paying everyday......SO my post is semi true/meaningful/valid.

It's xmas time, perfect time to have a sale. without seeming like you just droping prices and uping times...see how much more you can make. PEOPLE want to play for amounts of time, the trick is to give value, time for money.
How many players play games for hours at a time? the longer they play the more chance to get money. Here, you play a bit and everything is timed so long your done, looking for something else to play, do. Like write ranty posts, that most prolly have no influence.

Sigh 6 more hours to get resourses to level headquarters, then 45 min to lvl up, then what 6-10 hours to get enough to level resources that take 2+ hours for each resource to level(that's days), then 16 hours for rally point.......too much time to early......hell talking myself into moving on to something that can be played for 1-2-3-4-5 hours at a time. more crowns for money like 350-500 for $5, lower times, make 10 crowns take off 30- 45 mins travel time. make it somethings cheap so people use them a lot, like water....and wants turn into needs. if 10 crowns took hour of travel time I would have used my lil 50 crowns you gave use, and for $5 for 350-500 more, not much of a choice if u like the game. save 35 hours, hell ya...............

anyways Merry xmas, and don't let krampus in............Personally would have game so there always something to do and NEVER, EVER make a game that you come to a point where you have nothing todo but wait, and leave to find something else to entertain, and have chance for other games to steal your players