• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Answered Player respawn algorithm

DeletedUser1537

I noticed that TW2 has a strong tendency to re-spawn players who should be "rimmed" near the core 75-100 units of the world. Granted the world I am playing is not as populated as TW1 once was, but it does not give them a chance to gain a foothold and have a chance.
At my current size, regardless of the terrible moral percentage I face, players who re-spawn near me will be crushed out the moment I notice any growth.
It sucks for them because they may not return to the game, and it is especially annoying for myself or other players experiencing the same outcome as our attention must go to them before a weed in the garden grows its thorns.

Overall, I believe the current algorithm speeds up the progress to endgame, but I don't think it's fair to players who don't spend a lot of time to play the game.

DeletedUser1537

It's understandable but frustrating if the purpose is to shorten world lengths. I doubt anyone wants to play the game for 7 years, like world 3 on TW1 went on for, but 1 year for a large (I'm not quite sure it's massive anymore) real-time strategy game isn't that bad. There will be times when you log in multiple times a day, and others when you just train troops and go, but the rate that people quit this game from 'boredom' is too high for my liking.
So when the players that DO stick around spawn in the middle of someone that is half a million points large, it's very discouraging for them, and annoying for the big players to deal with. Let's fight big wars, not tiny players!

DeletedUser465

^
I support all of that reasoning.

I find it rather silly to respawn in the core where you have a incredibly low chance to do anything worth while unless someone holds your hand to get back on your feet.

DeletedUser1537

^
I support all of that reasoning.

I find it rather silly to respawn in the core where you have a incredibly low chance to do anything worth while unless someone holds your hand to get back on your feet.
It's incredible frustrating to have tribe members work to eliminate players on the front lines of the battle, only to have them respawn with a vengeance inside your very core. Ridiculous excuse for programming of a game. The code is most certainly already implemented with legitimate new players spawning on the rim. In theory Innogames should be able to re-purpose the exact code for when you are eliminated.

Otherwise, what is the point in capturing all of the enemy villages? It's a better plan to just catapult the last two down. In a late game scenario, catapulting an 8-10k village down would take a week or more with travel times. By then the player can just noble barbarians, flee to another province, or get support from their tribe.

I understand that this game is still in a 'beta' stage, but the 'beta' of Tribal Wars was far better prepared than this. I regret putting a measly $20 I earned into this game at it's current state.

DeletedUser

It's incredible frustrating to have tribe members work to eliminate players on the front lines of the battle, only to have them respawn with a vengeance inside your very core. Ridiculous excuse for programming of a game. The code is most certainly already implemented with legitimate new players spawning on the rim. In theory Innogames should be able to re-purpose the exact code for when you are eliminated.

Otherwise, what is the point in capturing all of the enemy villages? It's a better plan to just catapult the last two down. In a late game scenario, catapulting an 8-10k village down would take a week or more with travel times. By then the player can just noble barbarians, flee to another province, or get support from their tribe.

I understand that this game is still in a 'beta' stage, but the 'beta' of Tribal Wars was far better prepared than this. I regret putting a measly $20 I earned into this game at it's current state.
A week to catapult a village? Geee get closer catas, also they can reset with two villages Though a rimmed player respawning in your core isn't overly bad, just Sabo Spam them,