• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Priests

DeletedUser

Different people have different playstyles. Just because you're not a defensive player doesn't mean others arn't. Defense is more important than offense. I wouldn't expect you to know this.
I wholeHEARTEDLY disagree with this. A defense player must WAIT till someone atks them, and offense player has the power of where and when. While Defense has its power, playing DEFENSE WILL NOT WIN A WORLD.

DeletedUser797

I don't disagree with you. Think about how the world would be won. By defending your villages and your allies. If defensive players DEFEND aggressive offensive players he is still contributing to the end of the game and yet playing how he likes.

DeletedUser797

"Your the one throwing a hissy fit and voicing an opinion that no one cares about... The forums are dead.... Mainly cause of people who cry about every little thing...."

Btw, I came accross this on the forums. You're a complete hypocrite. All you've done is moan about someone building off of your idea improving it. I want to hold a real conversation and go through this with actual constructive comments. If you have any issues I would think directly messages mods would get you further..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser797

A defensive player won't be completely defensive units only.. Don't be so literal guys..

DeletedUser797

I felt like people were taking "defensive player' as a player that only built defensive units...

DeletedUser465

While most defensive players do have offense, i've seen some without any.

DeletedUser797

And what's wrong with that?... I don't feel you're making a valid point. He defends those who attack. Makes sense huh? This is Tribal wars after all...

DeletedUser

I still disagree with even the base line, this game is in the hand of the Offense players, not defense.

DeletedUser1260

After you have built your Church and it's reached level 3 add the option to "recruit" a single Priest to send with the Army. He would only be able to travel with a Paladin and he would reduce the speed of the army to Noble speed. His presence would increase the faith of the Army by a set percentage when they travel outside their province to attack. A Priest cannot be sent as support.
Now, I have read all the back and forth on this suggestion and near the end it got off topic. Raith I have to agree it is similiar to your idea of getting more than one pally after a certain number of villages, but like booniesman88 said, like most people that come into the forum he did not read all the suggestions just to copy yours.
Gentlemen all suggestions are valid.
We know that in real military life the chaplain can not carry weapons. So a spiritual advisor would play well with defensive troops, but not work like a pally with Offensive troops. This could open up more weapons of the Pally of a non-defense nature if you take the defensive weapons away.
It would give you an advantage on both fronts to have something like a priest in the suggestion.
This may be a way to get us that extra "Pally", but in the form of a defensive Priest.
As for play style of Turtles. Please discuss that topic not in this thread.

DeletedUser645

With an idea like this, like Jade mentioned, I believe you would have to take away the defensive weapons from the Paladin. Because currently, the Paladin fulfills this as well with the defensive bonus he can also bring.

DeletedUser1260

Exactly what I mean JP, but it would open us up to getting more defensive options and more than one "Pally" like troop to move around without giving us 2 or more Pallys.

DeletedUser645

Exactly what I mean JP, but it would open us up to getting more defensive options and more than one "Pally" like troop to move around without giving us 2 or more Pallys.
Which is why I like this idea more than multiple paladins.

DeletedUser1260

I have to agree with you JP, this will help all players. I find I use my Pally more for Offensive anyway and the defensive weapons just go unused.
The Priest given with your first level 3 church would help with that. Given you 2 troops to help, one on each side of the equation.

DeletedUser797

"Which is why I like this idea more than multiple paladins." i realisticly don't. Imagine someone having 5-6 paladins. They can swoop a large chunk of villages with no effort. There literally is no counter play to that. There are two ways to invade using the paladin to spearhead an attack on a village or take a barb. Both have counterplay thats effective. Now, having more then one paladin is a huge advantage then the player because of the paladins weapons and increase total army power (With whatever you like picking). So, Imagine Player A having 2-3 extra paladins no deficits. So, player A has a total of 4 paladins. Player B will only have two paladins. So, player A has the potential to swipe player B without player B standing a chance.. I also believe larger players will get an advantage for these reasons

Also, on the whole priest military thing a lot of popes and priests had military power. Imagine the priest has more of a buffing / protecting class. I never really thought of him as a fighter actually on the battlefield. I imagined prayers(That buffed your whole army) Or having certain paly abilitys that buff certain units..

Like, He increases moral (Luck) of any city he is within(). Making the amry within stronger. He can of course give that non-church defense. Those defensive abilitys could be striped and given to priest. I feel it would further in the balancing of priests.

DeletedUser797

Haha, anyone else notice Raith stopped arguing his point when it got crushed?

DeletedUser897

No I just got tired of arguing with you and I gave up and I support your idea now... If it will shut you up.

DeletedUser

I am confused, the idea of this is to make a reusable deceiver?