Pushing

Panterraa

Mounted Archer
So a conversation came up today, I just wanted to ask. Since again... *cough cough* excuse me. rules seems to have change. Is there anyway the players of this down to earth game. Can get a better outline from the head champion himself(@Captain Kumquat).. oh wait no it's the other one @CaptC. Sorry captain kumquat, got to take the back sit on this one. But what all do you count as pushing now? So players are not randomly getting ban..

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
If you are a coop, you need to play the other person's account, for the benefit of that account. Playing that person's account for the benefit of yourself, or for another person you are cooperating/conspiring with, is coop abuse, commonly called pushing.

Common example: If you remove your coop's defenses so someone else can take over their villages, that's pushing.

Panterraa

Mounted Archer
So this is were you might want to clear things up with your players. We been told in the past. That if an account is over 30 days, you have to report it. We have also be told coops can't noble the account but others can. Since pushing was considered you benefit from the account. again this is a ruling on mods that has changes it seems and wasnt updated to the player bases(why should we be punish for this). This also opens up alot of questions. What if your sending troops to support a tribe mate? What if you give away a village to a tribe mate. How do you determine this is pushing? What if a tribe mate decides to attack a tribe mate and take their villages and their troops were out on LTS (long term support) if a players goes yellow in a tribe, they're normally giving a warning, second time they're noble. If they go red they're also noble. why would a tribe waste troops on an inactive if they dont have to(inactives, not active. If a player is active and a coop sends troops away that's a lot differt) your pretty much saying that player can go inactive with a coop and nothing can be done about it at all? Also there is the issues you can relocated troops out to another villages. we have always been told that pushing was helping your account grow and the other account wasnt. Another reason why you shouldnt muti account. Also you had the right to noble that players villages,as long as you wasnt the coop. Another thing what if so call player quits and tell their mates to noble his villages which happens all the time?! with what you giving above that is pushing and how would you determine that? I would have to clear my tribe mates villages when I was told I could noble it?? Do you not know how often this goes on in this game? Also if I see someone noble a tribe mates villages I can report it now for pushing and the mods would have to look into it and see that the Villages was actully clear of support and their supports. I'm actually not trying to be a pain or troll you for once. Just saying there is so much that goes into this that I dont think you see. I can understand being coop and helping yourself to the. Villages for growth And alll. but so many gaps with what you addressed above. this all needs to be addressed to the players if you are going to change what have been stated in the past so we know. You cant punished people or ban them if you dont updated. That just isnt right at all. If a players goes inactive and a tribe nobles the villages with no report of a clear you're saying that is considered pushing?

Also your common example isn't a common example. It's a new example.

Last edited:

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
I am not going to answer point by point. The general rule is that coops need to play the coop account, for the benefit of the coop account. Playing the account to benefit yourself, or others, is the very definition of pushing.

If your tribe nobles an inactive, that is not pushing. if your tribe has the coops clear out the inactive player's villages so they can be nobled more easily, that is indeed pushing.

The upshot of your message is that there is a lot of gray area. We are aware of that. That is why the moderators consult together as a group about sanctions.

I will now remind everyone that this is not the place for discussions about specific sanction actions. And I don't mean that hypothetically. :)

Panterraa

Mounted Archer
No this is the place for us to ask question to gain an understanding of the rules better for clarification.

How is others nobling an account pushing though when the coop isnt benefiting from it? account is long term supporting then goes inactive, tribe members noble the account out. your saying that's pushing.

player quits the game but tell his tribe to give his villages out. Your saying that is pushing. So in order for us to better understand so we dont get ban from one of your crazy rules that go on in your head. If a player quits and tell us we can have his villages and for his coop to clear them? Which were allow to give villages to other players, what's the best way to go about this so you dont say its pushing? Unless your going to say were not allow to be giving villages now.

Also I asked a question, your brought up an example first and use it as an example. Not me. So your last line is pretty much for yourself.

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
No this is the place for us to ask question to gain an understanding of the rules better for clarification.

How is others nobling an account pushing though when the coop isnt benefiting from it? account is long term supporting then goes inactive, tribe members noble the account out. your saying that's pushing.
How it is done, matters. And pushing is defined as a benefit for yourself, or others. As I already said:

If your tribe nobles an inactive, that is not pushing. if your tribe has the coops clear out the inactive player's villages so they can be nobled more easily, that is indeed pushing.
player quits the game but tell his tribe to give his villages out. Your saying that is pushing. So in order for us to better understand so we dont get ban from one of your crazy rules that go on in your head. If a player quits and tell us we can have his villages and for his coop to clear them? Which were allow to give villages to other players, what's the best way to go about this so you dont say its pushing? Unless your going to say were not allow to be giving villages now.
If players want to clear out their villages for others, they can do so before quitting. They can even have the coops help them, while they are playing. The key thing is, they are still playing. Support is not going to get involved.

If the coops do it after the player stops playing, all the opponents who are making reports (and support, when investigating those tickets) can see is coops pushing an inactive player.

Panterraa

Mounted Archer
How it is done, matters. And pushing is defined as a benefit for yourself, or others. As I already said:

If players want to clear out their villages for others, they can do so before quitting. They can even have the coops help them, while they are playing. The key thing is, they are still playing. Support is not going to get involved.

If the coops do it after the player stops playing, all the opponents who are making reports (and support, when investigating those tickets) can see is coops pushing an inactive player.
I know what support can and cant see. The only thing that matters was how we can noble inactive villages without it counting as pushing was all. See you add the keyword "others", which was never the case in the past. Now if that is added that is fine. We just have the right to know is all. When exactly is it counted that a player quit though? Sometime we are cooping and we dont know if they been on for a week or so and answering there support calls or that they're taking a week vacation and we notice they haven't be back on when they get back. Is it still 30 days you report the account for the mods to look into if they're active and that's when its determine they quit? are should we just drop coop the minute we hear they're inactive?

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
As I said, there is grey area. When in doubt, we generally give the players the benefit of the doubt.

I am sorry that a supposed loophole does not actually exist, panterraa. But it has always been true that you can't push an account for either yourself or others. My replies have been consistent on that point.

Panterraa

Mounted Archer
As I said, there is grey area. When in doubt, we generally give the players the benefit of the doubt.

I am sorry that a supposed loophole does not actually exist, panterraa. But it has always been true that you can't push an account for either yourself or others. My replies have been consistent on that point.

I'm not looking for a loop hole, I'm looking at your gray areas, so players dont get ban. Isnt that the point of asking question? That why I said what is the best way to go about this. you answer somewhat what I need you to answer. Thank you for your very vague answer though that clearly just give you room to ban whoever's you like. Also if it has always been consider pushing thank you for pushing and helping a tribe last sever by removing other troops from their villages. maybe you should asked question before doing things yourself and not always assuming things. But thanks, all I got to say on this.