Rampant Cheating allowed in this Game?!?

Discussion in 'FAQ / Questions' started by BeerBelly, Mar 26, 2019.

1. craftscrazy

craftscrazy Archer

It's ironic that you said this because that's exactly why most people use bots--so they can have a life and still play. The way this game is designed, you have to be farming every waking hour to have a chance at being a top player. That means no life at all outside of the game. And yes, I did that for years. No life, just farming, farming, farming.

EIJEFE likes this.
  2. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Spearman

that is your uneducated opinion. Nobody likes to read a sentence that never ends. I doubt many people read his rants because he just vomits words/ideas with no structure. Like a little kid...

3. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Spearman

Learn to spell while you try to learn grammar...I swear you seem about 12 years old.

4. craftscrazy

craftscrazy Archer

Maybe he is 12 years old. Kids are allowed to play this game.

Panterraa likes this.
  5. Nick96

Nick96 Spearman

It's called a mobile device at 2 in the morning buddy on top of a speech disorder which keeps me from being able to sound words out correctly especially words with r,u and s but besides that I still manage to graduate high school half a year early earlier than those "smart" kids you think your in league with but still to uneducated to know what tor is or how people can cheat but I'm sorry about all my grammar errors to be honest tho your pathetic life isn't worth me proof reading or using punctuation if you care so much like I said you don't have to read it but considering you're probably a 50 year old man who has made all the wrong choices in life and on the verge of suicide you probably don't have anything better to do honestly you care so much about a game that you take the time to do tedious sh*t because you care what another human behind a computer screen thinks of you just shows how sad of a life you really have and the fact that you probably weren't held enough as a child, dropped on your head as one or ate paint chips I like to think it's a combination of all either way come to daddy I'll hold you and show all the love and affection you were obviously deprived of as a child right before I throw your degenerate a** off a bridge thank you come again!!! Next please?

6. Nick96

Nick96 Spearman

and this is your uneducated opinion it's funny how everyone has one just like a a**hole too bad yours stinks a little more than everyone else's keep it coming I can talk s*it all day

7. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Spearman

TLDR, I only read the first two ideas since you refuse to write a normal sentence. How does a speech disorder affect your typing skills...or lack thereof? Answer = it doesn't. Nobody is impressed about graduating HS early (I only went half time because I got work release). I'm giving you advice that will allow other people to respect you more. Right now, you are a very poor communicator which many people will interpret as you being dumb. I'm sorry for you if you can't see the wisdom of showing a reader where one of your thoughts stops (period or comma) and your next begins. You don't need to be a college graduate to understand this...it was taught in 4th grade.

So you can rant and whine and cuss and be defensive. Or you can evolve and get smarter/better. I already know which choice you will make...which again, is unfortunate for your tribe/clan mates in this game and other games. You might also get a better job than flipping burgers if you expand your mind a little.

8. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Spearman

He isn't 12 years old, he just acts it. He is at least 18, probably early 20s at most.

9. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Spearman

Wrong, most people use bots because they are lazy and believe winning a free internet game is somehow meaningful. I respect people that can balance life with play and believe in fair rules and honor. Please don't show sympathy for cheaters...it is annoying.

Management likes this.
  10. EIJEFE

EIJEFE Paladin

I agree with CC. You don't get a break from this game because its 24/7, but it would be nice if you spent no time farming

craftscrazy likes this.
  11. craftscrazy

craftscrazy Archer

How does not wanting to sit around on the computer all day sending out farming runs for a game make a person lazy? Because they'd rather do something productive? I'm not following your logic. And what's the point of playing a game if you don't care if you win?

12. Nick96

Nick96 Spearman

One don't try to act like you know me my lack of punctuation is due to laziness simple as that second it's not ranting it's trolling there is a big difference and since you're still replying to my msg you obviously don't have a problem understanding me if I was to rant you would know because my comments would be deleted from the amount of cussing and rude comments I would make and the fact that you believe I flip burgers is a joke in its self but you are correct about my age I'm 22 years old but as my carrer i do road work making 20$ an hour as a leadman on average i bring in 40k+ a year I make more then you made at my age I make more than the majority of middle age adults there really isn't anything you can say that can affect me because all my achievements and success I've made at such an early age has made me extremely conceded and egotistical so please continue to make me laugh because in my eyes I'm better then you in every way in my eyes you're just a roach to me bud :)

13. CaptC

CaptC
    Staff Member

I am just going to note that commenting on grammar, spelling and punctuation issues is usually counterproductive. Even if meant as a kind suggestion, it generally results in extensive off-topic, rambling, unfocused, and overly long discussions. Case in point. :)

Danjotpa, Nick96 and craftscrazy like this.
  14. xXCarnageXx

xXCarnageXx Guest

Why are we arguing about punctuation? If you think Nick's is bad, try having day to day chats with Chunktheslayer, the dude has his own accent, probably can't even have < 10 typos a sentance, let alone punctuation. If you can't understand Nick, thats your problem, if thats the only thing you have that you can nit pick with him, thats pretty sad you stretch so far to call out his punctuation just so you can say he is 12. Ya'll need to act like grownups if you are claiming to be one. I have my doubts about some of you that claim you are not kids on a computer screen.

15. Sledge

Sledge Spearman

First of all, i am not directing this at craftscrazy I am only commenting on the use of bots to play, and the justification that many players use about how much time it takes to farm and so the need to use one.

In my opinion, to justify being high rank in this game you need to put the effort in. You should only receive the accolades of being the top player if you have actually done the work yourself, not if you let a bot do the work for you; even if it is monotonous.
    If you paid a cleaner to clean your house you get to enjoy the cleanliness, but you can't take the credit for cleaning it. You can't sit back and say what a fantastic cleaner you are, or accept praise for your ability to clean.
    Players need to learn how the game works, and keep practicing to get good. Its like learning any new skill whether it is martial arts or cooking. A player only get good if they put the time and effort in. It takes skill and pure determination and it puts them above the others. Some people can learn it, some people no matter how hard they try will never learn it and some people annoyingly just have a natural gift for it. Using a bot/script gives an unfair advantage.
    If players don't want to sit around a computer all day sending out farm runs then they don't deserve to beat someone else with equal skill to theirs that does. I totally get it, having a well balanced life is what we all should be aiming for but this is how we differentiate between those players that are going to be at the top of the game and those players that aren't.
    The player base is dwindling and many would say also the skill level of players is decreasing as more and more players rely on a bot to do the work.
    If you went to the Olympics and watched Usain Bolt getting beat by some guy going round the course on a motorbike you wouldn't think it was fair. If the guy said as his excuse that he had better things to do than spend every waking hour running laps no one would think he deserved to win.
    The whole point of playing this game is for your tribe to win, but there is extra enjoyment in seeing how you as an individual player have done in comparison to others. You can set yourself goals and be pleased if you see improvement. It is always good to aim for the top. I totally understand the temptation to find an easier way to do it, but it should be within the rules of the game and using a bot/script does NOT fall into that category.
    Players can't start comparing themselves to others if they have had an unfair advantage. I have seen bot users bragging about how quickly they have plundered 1mil resources. They pressed a button, made a cup of coffee and sat down to watch the TV or went to bed. There is no skill or bragging rights in doing that.
    I have seen players use a bot and grow at speed. They go to work and leave their bot running. When they get home it has built their academy and whilst they sleep their bot gets enough resources to build nobles, probably also puts them on build. In the morning they noble the poor guy at the side of them who has spent 8 hours of his day faithfully farming and building his troops and villa. Afterwards they comment about how little the guy had "he only had 4000 provisions, look at all the bash i got". Well he only had 4000 provisions cos he was doing it all himself and he was probably getting hardly anything from the local barbs cos they aren't growing and the bot has been raiding them empty all night.
    These bots dont just farm, they send attacks with precision, they dodge incoming attacks, build and send scouts, build troops and buildings etc etc they basically play the game. Players thinking that they are only using it to farm, so it does not count are kidding themselves. The temptation to do more with it is always going to be there. No one using these bots should be thinking that they are justified or deserving in winning this game.

Danjotpa, slaughter1234, Hyde and 3 others like this.
  16. xXCarnageXx

xXCarnageXx Guest

I don't think there is any argument out there that can beat this sledge, very well said :)

Sledge likes this.
  17. Hyde

Hyde Guest

I see someone is still writing walls of words ;) A well constructed argument as always. Have fun out there :p

Sledge likes this.
  18. slaughter1234

slaughter1234 Archer

Case closed. Sledge won this one.

xXCarnageXx, Sledge and EIJEFE like this.
  19. slydawgg

slydawgg Axeman

These bots dont just farm, they send attacks with precision, they dodge incoming attacks, build and send scouts, build troops and buildings etc etc they basically play the game. Players thinking that they are only using it to farm, so it does not count are kidding themselves. The temptation to do more with it is always going to be there. No one using these bots should be thinking that they are justified or deserving in winning this game.

Sledge, Apr 1, 2019

I'm not sure what bot your talking about/using. But I let me find out there is one that does that. I will use the fuck outta it.

crushemtodust likes this.
  20. Sledge

Sledge Spearman

I do not use a bot... but I have no reason to disbelieve what i have been told by multiple players. Why would they lie?
    Do you seriously think that programmers, having worked out how to code in the game have just restricted it to farming? If they can program it to attack barbs at regular intervals they can program it to attack player villages whenever they want. Once there is access they can program it to do anything.
    It is why i say that allowing bot usage will have a detrimental effect on the game. If it seriously could be restricted great because farming is boring but everyone using bots 24/7 will mean no barb growth and the need to find resources elsewhere.
    Maxed out pits will be a necessity. Using a lot of Crowns will be essential if you want to stand a chance of winning
    It just changes the whole game and not for the better imo.

slaughter1234 likes this.