Rampant Cheating allowed in this Game?!?

slydawgg

Tribal Wars 2 Team
I know from personal research that I havent found any bots that do what your suggesting. I know that farming is all that bot does. There is no use of auto attacks or dodging attacks. Like I said I will use that bot if there is one like it. Cuz as much smoke that is being blown outta the asses of some of the mods here (not all) there is no way to detect the use of a script which is why they relying on ppl to snitch about it.

Sledge

Spearman
I know from personal research that I havent found any bots that do what your suggesting. I know that farming is all that bot does. There is no use of auto attacks or dodging attacks. Like I said I will use that bot if there is one like it. Cuz as much smoke that is being blown outta the asses of some of the mods here (not all) there is no way to detect the use of a script which is why they relying on ppl to snitch about it.
You are wrong and the farming attacks are auto attacks. I believe that attacks on players to snipe etc can be delayed/timed (i am not 100% sure how that is done tbh) I am not some oracle on the workings of bots but to simplify the argument, bots do a lot more than farm barbs.

Last edited:

maryfknpoppins

Spearman
just had a thought which is rare im gathering barb munching and bots are similiar. Ones illegal and one is legal if you think about it if you capture a barb the resources are yours now no one elses and it only cost you a noble which it only takes a few days to make up and you can pump that vill up. If you run a bot those vills are still open for resources taken by other folks.

CountFroggie

Spearman
First of all, i am not directing this at craftscrazy I am only commenting on the use of bots to play, and the justification that many players use about how much time it takes to farm and so the need to use one.

In my opinion, to justify being high rank in this game you need to put the effort in. You should only receive the accolades of being the top player if you have actually done the work yourself, not if you let a bot do the work for you; even if it is monotonous.
If you paid a cleaner to clean your house you get to enjoy the cleanliness, but you can't take the credit for cleaning it. You can't sit back and say what a fantastic cleaner you are, or accept praise for your ability to clean.
Players need to learn how the game works, and keep practicing to get good. Its like learning any new skill whether it is martial arts or cooking. A player only get good if they put the time and effort in. It takes skill and pure determination and it puts them above the others. Some people can learn it, some people no matter how hard they try will never learn it and some people annoyingly just have a natural gift for it. Using a bot/script gives an unfair advantage.
If players don't want to sit around a computer all day sending out farm runs then they don't deserve to beat someone else with equal skill to theirs that does. I totally get it, having a well balanced life is what we all should be aiming for but this is how we differentiate between those players that are going to be at the top of the game and those players that aren't.
The player base is dwindling and many would say also the skill level of players is decreasing as more and more players rely on a bot to do the work.
If you went to the Olympics and watched Usain Bolt getting beat by some guy going round the course on a motorbike you wouldn't think it was fair. If the guy said as his excuse that he had better things to do than spend every waking hour running laps no one would think he deserved to win.
The whole point of playing this game is for your tribe to win, but there is extra enjoyment in seeing how you as an individual player have done in comparison to others. You can set yourself goals and be pleased if you see improvement. It is always good to aim for the top. I totally understand the temptation to find an easier way to do it, but it should be within the rules of the game and using a bot/script does NOT fall into that category.
Players can't start comparing themselves to others if they have had an unfair advantage. I have seen bot users bragging about how quickly they have plundered 1mil resources. They pressed a button, made a cup of coffee and sat down to watch the TV or went to bed. There is no skill or bragging rights in doing that.
I have seen players use a bot and grow at speed. They go to work and leave their bot running. When they get home it has built their academy and whilst they sleep their bot gets enough resources to build nobles, probably also puts them on build. In the morning they noble the poor guy at the side of them who has spent 8 hours of his day faithfully farming and building his troops and villa. Afterwards they comment about how little the guy had "he only had 4000 provisions, look at all the bash i got". Well he only had 4000 provisions cos he was doing it all himself and he was probably getting hardly anything from the local barbs cos they aren't growing and the bot has been raiding them empty all night.
These bots dont just farm, they send attacks with precision, they dodge incoming attacks, build and send scouts, build troops and buildings etc etc they basically play the game. Players thinking that they are only using it to farm, so it does not count are kidding themselves. The temptation to do more with it is always going to be there. No one using these bots should be thinking that they are justified or deserving in winning this game.

I could not of said it better, what I have also found is InnoGames is not banning big spenders but they loosing all their small spenders which out way the big spenders in numbers

OarfishOrifice

Spearman
So nice to come on here and see all the love this game still produces. First of all, Panterra, i'm still waiting for you to accept my challenge on chess.com so I can kick your ass again. And slydogg, what are you doing here? If you're playing again I might just have to play another world. And TlunchladyE says hello.

Marcos

Spearman
You are wrong and the farming attacks are auto attacks. I believe that attacks on players to snipe etc can be delayed/timed (i am not 100% sure how that is done tbh) I am not some oracle on the workings of bots but to simplify the argument, bots do a lot more than farm barbs.
Well if you think about it, farming is an action that you can repeat hundreds of time on the same village. Therefore it is incredibly simple and useful to automate.
A snipe bot would be a lot more difficult and far less useful.
Why more difficult ?
Because you have to configure your script each time you want to launch a snipe. You have to configure your script but you know nothing in development so it means that the bot have to ask you information so it means the bot must have a User Interface ...
Why less useful ?
Snipe is an action that you would perform very rarely so the benefit from a bot is minimal and it is not really annoying to do it manually.

Of course, it could be done. Everything can be done but if there is not a real utility after, people wont develop it

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
I would suggest that this forum is not an appropriate place to consider the ins and outs of bot development.

El Salesman

Swordsman
I am new to TW2...been here about 2 weeks. I like the game so far but am concerned about the amount of bot farming/cheating/multi-accounts. I have been told by a tribe leader that TW2 allow big spenders to use farm bots and won't ban them because they pay enormous amounts of real money for crowns. He says that he sends tickets in all the time and a few players have "barbed out".

I have noticed a few players on my world with 12 villages while most have no more than half that. Is all this true and is this game 100% pay to win? I enjoy strategy games and even spent a few bucks on crowns but I'm not willing to fight people in a VISA versus MasterCard war.

I am also told that when a few cheaters are actually banned, Inno later tells mods to unban cheaters after awhile because they spend lots of money.
Mastercard would just allow anyone to get one if their cards regardless of their credit in a desperate attempt to compete. At the same time they would sign non compete agreements with all other competitors and later try to merge with them. At the end of the year Visas balance sheet would be way better cause their employees are just better and it doesnt really matter if their competitors have more money or numbers. Visa ftw

crushemtodust

Swordsman
So nice to come on here and see all the love this game still produces. First of all, Panterra, i'm still waiting for you to accept my challenge on chess.com so I can kick your ass again. And slydogg, what are you doing here? If you're playing again I might just have to play another world. And TlunchladyE says hello.
Hey man I am down for a COS reunion
-Sir Weldon here .

slydawgg

Tribal Wars 2 Team
Good ol Lunchlady yes I am playing a world. but this is my last world as I will go back into retirement again

Panterraa

Mounted Archer

Oarfish I dont have any of that info to play on that account. But PM what you play on and I'll be happy to wiped that *** in chess again ^^