• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Raze a Village

DeletedUser491

I propose a way for you to be able to raze your villas to the ground
There could be a little button in the city info screen saying "Raze Village" if you click it it would say "Are you sure, this will destroy your village and turn into a Barbarian village"

When you raze it a random amount of damage will be done to your villa (the best being complete demolition, and the worst no demolition at all)
and it will turn into a Barb and any units that are part of the villa will be destroyed.... it will take approximately 4-8 hours to completely a raze one of your villas

If it is your last village then it will say "Are you sure you want to restart on this world?"

You must hold the villa for at least a week before the raze option becomes available

Throughout history nations and kingdoms have used this tactic to stop invading forces from getting to strong in their territory and protect their resources i think it would be a good addition to game both strategically and simply useful.

Thank you for your time in reading this and hopefully you have comments, suggestions for making it better or positive comments (and i am looking at you devs....implementation????)

Sincerely, KLuv

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1260

Can you give me a reason why this would be better then keeping the village in the tribe, by kicking it to another member that can use it to help you?

DeletedUser491

this would be under the assumption you are under attack and if you know that you will lose before support arrives then this is kinda a last measure to try and do something. ideally this is a last resort in a war. no one wants to lose points or destroy their villas but if that is what it takes to defeat the enemy or at least hold them off for a bit then it is well worth.

now of course i made it a random percent of destruction and gets rid of units in villa cause that would balance it for attackers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting concept. I can see this as a benefit if you find yourself in a tribe where the majority of the members are 12+ hours support away and you are getting bombarded. This will allow you destroy your villages to enable you to restart the world faster instead of waiting to be nobled and hopefully be closer to your tribe.

DeletedUser720

Disagree with value of feature, do not implement. Game strategy overall changes for attacking distant targets: You could then attack and noble a village, hold it for X hours, Raze it, get your noble credits back, retract support, then Repeat.

DeletedUser

Couldn't there be a way to make it to where once you noble a village, you have a waiting period (1 week) before you can raze it? That may deter people from 'cheating' the system.

DeletedUser491

yeah i will add that...see that is why a want suggestions

DeletedUser

There used to be a deconstruct option in TW1, but from what I heard the devs left it out of TW2 specifically to prevent you from destroying your village if you were going to lose it. Honestly the only strategic value to destroying your village as a "last ditch" when someone is about to conquer it is to basically be like "haha sucker". Yeah historically this happened, but there was a reason, you can come back and starve out an invader when you destroy all their local food supply, but in the game there isn't any aspect of it like that. You would just be able to be spiteful to someone who bested you with no real strategy behind it.

DeletedUser

I learned out the hard way I dont need to build a church in the same province as my 1st village chapel. I was wishing for a way to break it down and use the provisions for something else. Maybe if they wont implement a raze village button, maybe make a reward like the building cost reduction or resource boost as a way to deconstruct a building.

DeletedUser

I would be in favor more for the ability to deconstruct buildings just like you build them instead of Razing.

DeletedUser1260

To knock down buildings all you have to do is attack yourself with cats. plus again you get a nifty achievement. :)

DeletedUser1260

But it works quite well. Best thing to do is build correctly in the first place. :D

DeletedUser491

There used to be a deconstruct option in TW1, but from what I heard the devs left it out of TW2 specifically to prevent you from destroying your village if you were going to lose it. Honestly the only strategic value to destroying your village as a "last ditch" when someone is about to conquer it is to basically be like "haha sucker". Yeah historically this happened, but there was a reason, you can come back and starve out an invader when you destroy all their local food supply, but in the game there isn't any aspect of it like that. You would just be able to be spiteful to someone who bested you with no real strategy behind it.
actually i came up with quite a few scenarios in which i could use it as a strategy, and again it wouldn't be last minute cause it takes time to raze. Does it not take a foothold in someones province in order to really start taking them down??? exactly what this could be used for and because of random chance of destroying something (and time it takes to raze) is is never a perfect defense in fact it is just a gamble which is why i would work. so your "no strategy theory" is exactly wrong. The only thing it has is strategy (and yes historically it happened and yes it would make sense in a game like this)