• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Remove/change Iron Wall tribe skill

DeletedUser734

For reference, the Iron wall tribe skill is a tier two tribe skill that for each level of it you have, your wall cannot be knocked below that level. For example at level 5, your walls will never be knocked below level 5.

So with the big update to how headquarters works, the first 3 levels of a wall are now insta-built if you have level 25 Headquarters.

This means that the first 3 levels of Iron wall give you absolutely nothing and the last two levels only give you 10% extra defense AFTER your walls have already been knocked down. I can't imagine a tribe ever saying that this skill is worth the points and I'm not even talking out of the tier 2's. I'd rather have larger raiding wagons and faster farming speed than this wall skill.

I think the skill should be revamped into something ACTUALLY useful. Right now it gives you nothing on a fully built villa, what if instead, it gives you an extra 1% defense per wall level? That means at level 20, your max defense would be increased by 20%. This would be a nice counter to the "weapon mastery" skill bonus and might actually tempt tribes to take this skill.

DeletedUser1925

i think you miss one thing : Defensive can stack troops but Offensive can't not . It is a only chance advantage for Attacker . and i still don't talk about church system province .

DeletedUser1537

Little late, but Iron Wall is a skill that takes a long time to get too, and other skills in the same tier are more beneficial. While Iron Wall does find some overlap with the HQ quick-build update, the HQ ability is accessed and used much earlier into the game. My tribe has yet to put a point into Iron Wall, and we are level 34. It won't happen until level 37 that we finally put a point into that skill.

DeletedUser1500

I ignore the skill currently, but if it gave you extra wall defense...I would max it out for sure. Good idea to the counter to weapon mastery.

DeletedUser1537

I ignore the skill currently, but if it gave you extra wall defense...I would max it out for sure. Good idea to the counter to weapon mastery.
Stacking a village already counters weapon mastery. Doesn't need to be more methods to destroy a village. If you got bonus wall defense, sabos would be more enticing, and they are already broken in itself.

DeletedUser1500

Valid point. I am just saying that the skill is pointless currently, but if that were the case...I would get it. Again, you also make a valid point.

DeletedUser1661

I'm very late to this one but I disagree. While a lvl 3 wall is an instant build if you are on, when eoes time attacks down to seconds, you don't even have time to queue up those free walls. Lvl 5 wall once reached, is +25% defense guarenteed for the village. I'd rather lose at that extra 25% over zero walls. It's very beneficial but obviously won't be the first skill picked.

The idea proposed here was still good though! But the iron wall is not a waste as it is.

DeletedUser1949

I'm very late to this one but I disagree. While a lvl 3 wall is an instant build if you are on, when eoes time attacks down to seconds, you don't even have time to queue up those free walls. Lvl 5 wall once reached, is +25% defense guarenteed for the village. I'd rather lose at that extra 25% over zero walls. It's very beneficial but obviously won't be the first skill picked.

The idea proposed here was still good though! But the iron wall is not a waste as it is.
Aye, you have to be online to do it, but even moreso, the wall NEVER goes below level 5. Not from sabs either. And not DURING an attack. An attack with rams might negate your entire wall if it's only at level 5, and you end up defending at 100% or maybe 105%-110%. Iron wall level 5 and youre ALWAYS defending at at least 125% baby