• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Rolling back parts of Balance Update II

DeletedUser984

There are many aspects of the Balance Update II that seem to be worthwhile. However, there are three components that I think would be better going back to the way things were:
1) Wall building times should return to their original values. The building times were more than doubled in the update. The reasoning given was to hinder players that turtle so that offensive players would have a better chance against them. However, the best strategy in attacking a turtle is to noble a village in their province, build a church, and defend the village. With the combination of wall build time increase and church build time increase, offense against turtles is hurt almost more than turtling players since the defenders are able to use trebs. This seems directly counter to the intended affect.

2) Church build time should return to the original values. For the same reason as above, the ability of an offensive player to mount an offensive is greatly reduced with the increase in church build time. Although this increase DOES give players a larger opportunity to catch an enemy nobling into their province in the middle of the night or at other such times, there are a few flaws with thinking this is better. First, it works to increase the gap between crown players and non-paying users. Crown players are essentially unaffected by this build time difference and if a person is defending against a crown user, they will see little change. It also again hurts the offensive player. If I try to noble into an enemy territory even if the enemy is awake, I now have little to no chance of holding the village for 6 hours at 50% faith and almost level zero wall (since wall time is now increased as well).

3) The spy system should go back to how it was. The spy system appears to have been made more powerful in the latest balancing update. Although it would seem that it was reduced in efficiency due to sabotage travel time increase, the great reduction in time and resource cost of the spies countered this effect. In fact, you are now able to send 5 spies almost as frequently as you were previously able to continually send 3 spies. So although the frequency of sabotage missions may decrease, their success rates will see an increase here (even with an increase in defending spies which can now also be more easily killed with offensive spies still being reduced cost). Additionally, since the building construction costs and times were also increased for a good number of buildings, spies taking down 1 level of the wall is effectively doubling the effectiveness of its prior "glory". Additionally, since the tavern construction time was increased, if you lose level 15 homeguard, it takes much longer to gain that back. However, with the 4-5 spies much more common now, homeguard has essentially seen a great reduction in its capabilities as well, despite it moving towards being a level 14 tech in the near future.

Please feel free to disagree with me or comment. I'm not saying the original system was perfect, but I am saying that it was better than the way things are currently set up and would like to see a roll back in these areas until a better solution can be found.

DeletedUser984

By this time I've noticed around 13 views but no comments. If anyone disagrees, please comment on why you disagree. If anyone agrees, I'd love to see at least a like of the original post if you have nothing to add. I very much appreciate counter-points if you think I'm wrong in something I said.

DeletedUser

1) Wall... yea i completely agree
2) its called a chapel...
3) Spies where broken before Balance update II, the problem is not with the faster and cheaper spies, but their system of battle

DeletedUser825

I would like to agree with you kndea. I would mainly like to focus on the wall. It is way to slow to build and as for spies, yeah, theye been broken for a while. The chapel has a nice feature if you know how to use it. Those of you that are vets know what I mean by the chapel feature.

DeletedUser984

I do agree that chapel exists as a viable strategy and that I think spies were overpowered before the balancing update. However, I think that the reduction of church decreases attack effectiveness (don't believe this was intended) and that spies had their power INCREASED (Also don't believe this was intended). So again, while I don't think the system previously was perfect, I see it as better than post-update. I realize this is my opinion but that's why asking others' here. Appreciate the input.

DeletedUser

I've never had a problem with spies, haven't dealt with a new chapel since the update either so the only thing I can refer to is the increased time it takes to build a max level wall, this does suck but not as much as how long it takes to recruit OT, was there a change in that too or do I just need to raise the level of my barracks? lol

DeletedUser465

1) Wall... yea i completely agree
2) its called a chapel...
3) Spies where broken before Balance update II, the problem is not with the faster and cheaper spies, but their system of battle

The spy battle system seriously needs to be looked at

DeletedUser

I've never had a problem with spies, haven't dealt with a new chapel since the update either so the only thing I can refer to is the increased time it takes to build a max level wall, this does suck but not as much as how long it takes to recruit OT, was there a change in that too or do I just need to raise the level of my barracks? lol
if your barracks isn't maxed, you're playing the wrong game

DeletedUser1459

I've got no problems with sabos. To me, it seems to favor the more active players. If there were any tweak I would think of, it would be not let spy number 1 be used to sabo. That will add 2 hours between sabos, but I do not know how bad being capped at 4 spies would hurt Sabo attempts on a villa with homeguard, I usually don't bother to Sabo villas with level 15 taverns.

Wall times are pretty gnarly, they should try splitting the difference with the old numbers.

I'm fine with church being 8 hours, there are plenty of ways around that (chapel, taking several at once, taking a villa with wall/homeguard from a player instead of a barb/scrub player to move in).