• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Scripts

Tokano

Not a Mod
I'm looking for an official answer on scripts. Is there a blanket ban on all scripts or just ones that animate game play or imitate premium features?

All I am looking to do is write a simple script that would pull my own account information. For example, I want to be able to pull the text from reports and troop counts from the overview tab and import them directly into my spreadsheets. That way I have my own modified overview instead of the one in-game.

5. Bots and scripts

You can only play using browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11 or higher) or any of the mobile applications provided by InnoGames. It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts which (partially) automate player actions in-game. Players using such will be punished, up to and including a permanent ban.

DeletedUser920

If I had to pull and answer to cover all the basses I would have to say the use of scripts are not allowed, when we start to split hairs on the ruling it gets murky and more difficult to enforce.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Hmm... Rev, the hair splitting process was already started when the rules were written. Otherwise TW2-Tools couldn't exist and neither could the other fantastic scripts available elsewhere.

More or less, I was asking if personal scripts like the one I described were allowed.

DeletedUser2053

Hmm... Rev, the hair splitting process was already started when the rules were written. Otherwise TW2-Tools couldn't exist and neither could the other fantastic scripts available elsewhere.

TW2-tools is collecting data that TW2 API sends. TW2-tools itself doesn't collect data like you would

DeletedUser1179

Whether it is a personal script or not isn't the issue, the rules of the game says no scripts are allowed so I would say that would include any type of scripts.

Tokano

Not a Mod
TW2-tools is collecting data that TW2 API sends. TW2-tools itself doesn't collect data like you would
The only data I would be collecting is my own to copy into a spreadsheet. Something I could easily do by hand, doesn't mimic premium features, and doesn't automate my gameplay.
You know, like troop counts, resource counts, trader counts, etc...
Whether it is a personal script or not isn't the issue, the rules of the game says no scripts are allowed so I would say that would include any type of scripts.
Kiki, I quoted the game rules and I have them memorized by heart anyway. It doesn't say no scripts are allowed, it says the only scripts that are forbidden are the ones that fully or partially automate gameplay or imitate premium features. Which I'm hoping JPex will be able to clarify if mine crosses the line in terms of automation or imitation.^^

DeletedUser1179

Well looking at the rule as a whole not just parts of it, the first part of the rule says you can only play using browsers and mobile apps that are provided by Inno. So that to me already says you can't use a script that you create because it isn't something that was provided by Innogames.

DeletedUser61

Tokano I believe both Senior moderators have answered your question.