• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Second Village Compensation

Tokano

Not a Mod
Good morning, Tribal Warriors.

I am happy to finally announce that everyone who did not spend crowns on their second village and has not been compensated will be compensated sometime this week (or so that is the plan). There is a list of players who had their second villages removed and that is the list of people who will be compensated. Please, do not ask if your name is on the list.

I don't have details on what the actual compensation package will contain, but I've heard it's pretty sweet. So I'm excited to see what finally awaits those of us who didn't spend crowns.

-Tokano

DeletedUser232

Out of curiosity, does this include or exclude players who could never get the second village quests?

Tokano

Not a Mod
This is just for the players who had their second village taken away from them.

The players who never received the quest line are, unfortunately, out of luck. The algorithm that places villages didn't take into account the second village feature and provinces are filling up, so that quest line won't become available to players in full provinces unless they restart on the rim in a province that isn't filled.

The theory that another player came up with, is fairly accurate. Instead of quoting him, I'll just place the link here for you.
http://forum.us.tribalwars2.com/foru...=3267#post3267

DeletedUser394

So Tokano, those of us where the game bugged and failed to give us a quest then filled up our provinces with inactive 51pt players wont receive anything. No delayed quest? While those who had the quest or have the quest currently get a free 2nd village and have a FREE ADVANTAGE? This doesn't seem right to enforce a disadvantage on to players for something they don't have control over.

Could I suggest a solution? Since the Quest is simply to help give a player an early start. Why not turn all 51-53pt inactive villages into barbs equal to the lowest barb in a province? The players who have the 2nd village quest have their advantage, and the players bugged will have a farming advantage. It may not be 100% equal having an extra 10 villages that could have a possibility growing is better than inactives who don't even have but HQ1 and no resource buildings. The farm advantage of having 10-20 barbs vs 5-12 barbs would even out things.

DeletedUser406

I'm going to noble a 2nd village before I even get the quest to be gifted a second village. When is this problem going to be worked out? Or are there some requirements I don't understand that are needed to receive that quest?

DeletedUser

There will not be a easy answer for those that never got the 2nd village quest. My Opinion is that just restart everybody in this world, give back in crowns plus Bonus crowns to everybody in this world, For those that spend $$ give them a refund or the crowns they got from their purchase Plus some crown Bonus for their time too. That way everybody would be equal footage.

I know this is much to ask and it may never happen, But i do believe is the fair thing to do.

Tokano

Not a Mod
DericDraco;n3359 said:
So Tokano, those of us where the game bugged and failed to give us a quest then filled up our provinces with inactive 51pt players wont receive anything. No delayed quest? While those who had the quest or have the quest currently get a free 2nd village and have a FREE ADVANTAGE? This doesn't seem right to enforce a disadvantage on to players for something they don't have control over.

Could I suggest a solution? Since the Quest is simply to help give a player an early start. Why not turn all 51-53pt inactive villages into barbs equal to the lowest barb in a province? The players who have the 2nd village quest have their advantage, and the players bugged will have a farming advantage. It may not be 100% equal having an extra 10 villages that could have a possibility growing is better than inactives who don't even have but HQ1 and no resource buildings. The farm advantage of having 10-20 barbs vs 5-12 barbs would even out things.

Unfortunately, no. You will not receive compensation if the game did not give you the quest line or if your province simply filled up.

The solution you proposed is actually supposed to be part of the regular game. Inactives are supposed to turn barb after two weeks of inactivity. Unfortunately, the developers haven't figured out why that isn't happening. I'll be honest with you about it too, there is no timeline for a fix on that bug. So who knows when that will actually happen. I'll mention it to the developers and see if we can get it pushed for US5 specifically.

Trevpoloking;n3364 said:
I'm going to noble a 2nd village before I even get the quest to be gifted a second village. When is this problem going to be worked out? Or are there some requirements I don't understand that are needed to receive that quest?

To receive that quest line, your province needs to have room for second villages to be active. It's only available to players who join a new server or restart their current world on the rim.

Necromonger;n3370 said:
There will not be a easy answer for those that never got the 2nd village quest. My Opinion is that just restart everybody in this world, give back in crowns plus Bonus crowns to everybody in this world, For those that spend $$ give them a refund or the crowns they got from their purchase Plus some crown Bonus for their time too. That way everybody would be equal footage.

I know this is much to ask and it may never happen, But i do believe is the fair thing to do.

The idea of restarting the server from the beginning was kicked around quite a bit. It was eventually decided that we weren't going to do that. I personally feel that would be the best option, but the people higher up felt that there were other routes they could take instead. I'll see if I can breathe new life into that topic as well.

DeletedUser417

Well I'm very annoyed because I spent money on crowns before I knew that newer players were getting free villages. I never would have done so if I had of known (I could have just restarted to get the free village). I spoke with support who advised there would be compensation but they don't know what it is yet.

DeletedUser394

I personally only came back to TW just to try out the 2nd village from an announcement I randomly found. With out the Option of even trying out the 2nd quest except for restarting I'm not sure its worth my time to play a buggy worse version of TW.

DeletedUser

so many things start out so unfair on server 5 i would be all for a full refund / restart if it did happen
it seems like things started out very unfair / uneven and are still not fair and the unfair gap just grew wider for some people because not only did some people get 2nd village early "myself included" i got it on the second release but some people got a large crown bonus
so those people that didnt get crowns or a second village are totally screwed
although doing it now would be hard also because of trying to plus or minus all the crowns

Tokano

Not a Mod
jizzedjeans;n3379 said:
Well I'm very annoyed because I spent money on crowns before I knew that newer players were getting free villages. I never would have done so if I had of known (I could have just restarted to get the free village). I spoke with support who advised there would be compensation but they don't know what it is yet.

I'm gonna start this off by saying I love your name. It made me laugh the first time I saw it.
If you didn't get the second village quest, unfortunately you won't be compensated.

DericDraco;3380 said:
I personally only came back to TW just to try out the 2nd village from an announcement I randomly found. With out the Option of even trying out the 2nd quest except for restarting I'm not sure its worth my time to play a buggy worse version of TW.

I understand that it's frustrating, but please know that the developers are actually working on all the bugs and irritating things we report. Trust me, we know and the developers know, there are a lot of things that are broken in this game. As we report them, they prioritize the bugs and suggestions and fix what they can. Trust me, I've seen the developers workload for bug fixes and suggestion implementation; it really made me understand we need to give the developers as much patience and time as we can give them.

Eathshaker;3382 said:
so many things start out so unfair on server 5 i would be all for a full refund / restart if it did happen
it seems like things started out very unfair / uneven and are still not fair and the unfair gap just grew wider for some people because not only did some people get 2nd village early "myself included" i got it on the second release but some people got a large crown bonus
so those people that didnt get crowns or a second village are totally screwed
although doing it now would be hard also because of trying to plus or minus all the crowns

If we were going to do a server reset, we should have done it when the problems first started. Restarting the world at this point would cause so much trouble that I don't even like to think about it. It would be the developers taking the heat though, not me, so I've already re-suggested the idea. xP

DeletedUser232

I can't help but be a bit irritated at the fact that those (myself included) who simply didn't get the quest line are being completely ignored while those who did get an extra village, free of charge. And those who did but got it taken away get compensation...I would be happy with a free coin minted or something.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us in the loop, Tokano.

DeletedUser

abernon;n3396 said:
I can't help but be a bit irritated at the fact that those (myself included) who simply didn't get the quest line are being completely ignored while those who did get an extra village, free of charge. And those who did but got it taken away get compensation...I would be happy with a free coin minted or something.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us in the loop, Tokano.

Partially accurate those of us who did get an extra village have not gotten any additional compensation it could be just the way you worded it. i just wanted to make sure you didnt think we got a village and 2000 crowns

although i would much rather have 2000 crowns than a level 51 village but ohh well we dont get to choose

DeletedUser399

How did all this get figured in. Player in my prov just got his second village out of protection and yet I could not get a second one. If your not willing to wipe the world then maybe start a new one so we're not all getting screwed here. How could this big of a bug pass beta testing.

DeletedUser394

Game is still in beta, so there will be bugs, some bugs don't break the game. This one kinda does.

DeletedUser

DericDraco;n3412 said:
Game is still in beta, so there will be bugs, some bugs don't break the game. This one kinda does.
Saying the game is in beta is just a marketing tool
they do actually have a different set of beta servers to work this out just your average run of the mill player either doesnt know about them or buys into the line 'This game is still in beta"

DeletedUser399

earthshaker;n3413 said:
Saying the game is in beta is just a marketing tool
they do actually have a different set of beta servers to work this out just your average run of the mill player either doesnt know about them or buys into the line 'This game is still in beta"

exactly, someone else that gets it.... if you want to play beta then go to the beta servers there is a reason they have them and if you cant figure it out heres the link to it beta.tribalwars2.com

DeletedUser

Why not give those that didn't get the second village option a free noble or 2 when they make an academy?

DeletedUser417

Aurelian;n3417 said:
Why not give those that didn't get the second village option a free noble or 2 when they make an academy?

That what I suggested. A free noblemen would not completely compensate (as some people have had free villages for a week now) but it would be better than nothing. If nothing is offered it would be pretty rediculous.

DeletedUser431

Oh great, this deal that is on is like that: those who somehow were able to exploit bug will be rewarded, we that were not, will continue suffer injustice of this fail.

clap clap