• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Server Time

Tokano

Not a Mod
With the new server time available to us, I decided to make a spreadsheet showing why Zulu time for the United States is a peculiar decision to make.

If at all possible, I would like to suggest that the server time is changed to Mountain Standard Time and the clock is changed from a 12 hour clock to a 24 hour clock. Mountain Standard Time would provide players with a more accurate sense of the day with fewer "what day am I supposed to launch?" moments. Not to mention, a 24 hour clock just looks much cleaner.

Not that it actually effects anything and I truly believe this is a nonissue because we'll all adjust to it in the days to come, but the clock being a 12 hour clock instead of a 24 hour clock presents it's own issues. For example, the way the clock is now players on the East Coast will be in a different AM/PM cycle for 10 hours a day, Central will be in a different AM/PM cycle for 11 hours a day, Mountain will be in a different AM/PM cycle for 12 hours a day. and finally Pacific players will be in a different AM/PM cycle for 13 hours a day. Like I said, this doesn't actually effect anything and is easily mitigated by proper and careful planning, but admittedly it can get a bit confusing at times because players on the West Coast will be getting reports and messages that don't match the day they were actually sent. At just 4 PM Pacific time, their messages and reports will begin showing that things happened "yesterday" when it was really the same day.

hOEsXr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: