St. Patrick's Day Limerick Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
Hello Tribal Warriors,

St. Patrick's Day is upon us! In honor of this most Irish of days, write a limerick containing references to Tribal Wars 2! You can rhyme about the game, make friendly digs at fellow players, relate an anecdote from your play, or praise our own fair Gwendoline (shown here in her St. Patrick's finery!)

Prizes
First Prize will receive 500 crowns!
Second Prize will receive 300 crowns!
Third Prize will receive 100 crowns!

We need 10 entries to pay out the prizes. Get your tribe mates involved!

Entries must be posted before the end of the day on St. Patrick's day, March 17th, by server time. (Eastern Daylight Time.) One entry per player, of course. Moderators are welcome to play, but cannot win.

Judging will be done by the moderation team. We will take likes into account, so we will leave two days for the community to register approval. Judging will be completed by March 19th, with prizes rewarded shortly thereafter.

Judging note: Limericks have a tradition of being rather risque. You can be as ribald as you like, as long as you stay within forum guidelines. (Nothing from Nantucket, please!) :rolleyes:

Sample

May the best poet win!
The Tribal Wars 2 Team

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
Over halfway there! We need 10 entries to qualify for rewards.

I will note, that if every limerick is all about the same subject... a fresh new topic might be garner more attention from the judges. It is easier to stand out as the single rose in the corsage, compared to one of the many baby's breath.

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
Well, we didn't get to the 10 responses we needed to give out prizes. I am going to see if I can hand out partial prizes anyway. So like your favorites, and I will see what I can do.

CaptC

Tribal Wars 2 Team
We are going ahead with the original prizes. Yay!

Second runnerup, with a limerick based on an old classic, Captain Kumquat! 100 crowns!
First runnerup, with an original ode to BeezKneez, Cokky! 300 crowns!

And the winner: CraftsCrazy, with a well done and popular limerick that netted her 500 crowns!

Prizes have already been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all the participants!

Stay tuned for future contests!

Status
Not open for further replies.