• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Suggestions for retaining Newer Players and Keep world Growing

• Thread starter DeletedUser1260
  • Start date

DeletedUser1260

The worlds are getting smaller. People are leaving a world instead of starting over after being taken over by another player. New players are not getting the chance to learn the game as we did when we started. Maybe we had more staying power in not giving up or we just wanted revenge on the player that took us out and some of us just went to the next world know we couldn't start in the core with out playing the way all other's did.
Now when this game started people that started in the core that were forcibly removed from their spots :rolleyes: restarted on the rim.
1. This gave them a safe spot to start over.
2. The world grew bigger adding more provinces, kingdoms etc.
3. Created more tribe making opportunites making for more competition.
4. Lastly gave newer players a look at what they just went through with the veterans of the world and learn from it.
Now, I am sure this has been brought up before, but after reading what I just did in one of the Realm Forums, I think we should continue to look at this.
Suggestion than is this:
1. All restarts get sent to the rim of the world.
2. Newer players to the game get a later start date then people that consider themselves "Veterans"
3. We put in more of a penalty for attacking smaller players.
4. Fill the provinces in more densely leaving only places for new barbs to pop when the game needs spaces filled.
I would like to know what else people may say on this: Please though this is only suggestions on how we can retain new players and keep the players we get on a world to stay instead of leaving for the next world.
Thank you Jade. :D

DeletedUser465

Gonna break it down by section for my thoughts...

The worlds are getting smaller. People are leaving a world instead of starting over after being taken over by another player. New players are not getting the chance to learn the game as we did when we started. Maybe we had more staying power in not giving up or we just wanted revenge on the player that took us out and some of us just went to the next world know we couldn't start in the core with out playing the way all other's did.

-> This is in my experience due to a faster world pace, with the newer rally point system, where we didn't get a 200-350% farm speed boost, nor did we get a 0-100% additional boost via tribe skills. Villages took longer to build, getting sniped was a bigger deal since resources came in at a much slower pace. Offensive value has increased a substantial amount since the income has increased drastically. Village counts meant a lot more then than they did now, as again, it was harder to gain resources. I guess really every point i'm going to make on this is related to the drastic resource income increase, and i'll leave it here. Moving on...

Now when this game started people that started in the core that were forcibly removed from their spots :rolleyes: restarted on the rim.
1. This gave them a safe spot to start over.
->Agreed. Nothing like restarting into an already developed province like we did when...was it invite a friend, or 2nd village...something made the restart all screwy.
2. The world grew bigger adding more provinces, kingdoms etc.
->The province size grew to accomidate 2nd village feature.
3. Created more tribe making opportunites making for more competition.
-> Worlds starting quickly ruins the chances for this. It quickly becomes whoever wins the core wins the world, as there are no rim tribes to really give much of a fight as hey, next world just started.
4. Lastly gave newer players a look at what they just went through with the veterans of the world and learn from it.
-> Agreed, mostly. Sometimes a swift nuke with nobles isn't much to take away, but you will learn that troop counts do more than points.
Now, I am sure this has been brought up before, but after reading what I just did in one of the Realm Forums, I think we should continue to look at this.
Suggestion than is this:

-> Should always be the case. Usually is these days, as far as I know?
2. Newer players to the game get a later start date then people that consider themselves "Veterans"
-> Not easily implemented, and only vets would give them a period to get villages up and running for when new people break BP, I personally don't like this option for that reason.
-> Been saying this for years.
4. Fill the provinces in more densely leaving only places for new barbs to pop when the game needs spaces filled.
-> They are as dense as they can be, as every account needs a spot for 2nd village, whether they use it or not. That's when you run into the rim issues of restarting. It wants you to fill in those holes, which ruins a bunch of stuff.

DeletedUser1260

Hello Ice and thanks for the response, but this
-> Should always be the case. Usually is these days, as far as I know?

People are restarting in the center. You can see that in World V I have members of another tribe restarting in the area of our tribe. Rather then going to the rim of the world. Um they were taken out and land back into hot water with the same tribe that took them out in the first place :rolleyes:

I know that there have been changes that enhanced some features and took away others.
I can remember a certain leader of a certain tribe in Alnwick that was rimmed 3 times and let me say that the mail was very interesting. LOL I mean to be taken from the center start at the outer reaches and send message to someone on the rim, take them out again and on and on. LOL Believe that world lasted almost 2 years and they didn't get many features until the end and people would come and go there. I want to say it took us like close to 6 weeks to build a decent Nuke back then. hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser465

-> They are as dense as they can be, as every account needs a spot for 2nd village, whether they use it or not. That's when you run into the rim issues of restarting. It wants you to fill in those holes, which ruins a bunch of stuff.

Think I covered that in there, where it still happens :)

Yes world A was very slow, due to not getting all the new stuff. I played there for some time before eventually quitting. Was a fun world.

DeletedUser1459

Hmmm. Maybe double down, with a second layer of morale calculations? Peak world score, perhaps? A big player attacking someone fresh starting would have it bad on both penalties; a freshly rimmed player would have a small disadvantage against a fresh join; two freshly rimmed players would have advantage based on who did worse last time around.

DeletedUser

It already takes 3-4 nukes to clear a single village at 32% morale. If we increase the penalty of attacking them, they should have a penalty at attacking us. Nothing worse than a tribe stacking a small player with 32% morale against you, for them to go full Offensive and attempt to noble you. I had this happen on World 18, Took me many many nukes to clear out a 4 village stacked turtle who kept building offensively just to pis me off.

DeletedUser1179

A few suggestions are being forwarded over to upper management. Cross your fingers :p