• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

The Disappointment of Mass Recruiters

DeletedUser1507

Haha i remember tribalwars 1 would change member limits on different worlds..

DeletedUser1487

Dang Yato, even being a forum head MOD, you sure expressed a lot of hate towards a tribe you know next to nothing about. Yes, people complain when a new world starts a there is already a maxed member tribe at like 15 or something. But when that tribe specifically has been broadcasting to the whole freaking sever, way before the world was released to play on, and announced that the whole tribe plus a few from an allied tribe would ALL, emphases on the ALL part, ALL would migrate to the new world. Don't act so surprised about this when we announced our intentions for this world way before this world opened to play. So there is no recruiting, recruiting is closed. Cause every darn spot is taken by IMP members from w9. By the way, the whole tribe is experienced vets, just wanted to get that across. So before you accuse us of MRT, just look at our tribe description. It says "made up of winning IMP". Our roster was made up way before the world opened. I don't care if the mods delete this post cause it points a finger at Yato, but here are some facts. Where are yours?

DeletedUser1507

I think everyones missing the topic, it wasnt too much about IMP as a tribe or the people in it, its just the idea of MRT that is what i wanted to talk about, 200 is too much i feel and its made to look alot worse when you have plenty of allies too. On every world im sure there are plenty of huge mass recruitment tribes that cause many mixed feelings as we can see.. lol but i didnt want to single out any one tribe with this post as they are usually reasons behind it but 200 is a crazy figure

DeletedUser255

LOL Pointing fingers *chuckle* your post isn't going to be deleted because we are having a discussion, I am a big boy.

Firstly, I haven't moderated in, literally, months.

Secondly, my point stands and it is filled with factual statistics. Try giving it a read again. Because it applies to the world you *cough* won, and the world you are *cough cough* not recruiting (member cap filled).

DeletedUser1487

It wouldn't be the first time a US MOD deleted a thread because it made them look bad.......
And maybe you should just read mine again and try again in seeing what I was saying.

DeletedUser1507

Guys.. stick on topic or ill ask for it to be deleted.. it shouldnt need to be an argument over something this stupid

DeletedUser1487

Good point, by the way I wasn't saying you were doing anything wrong DG, my comment was towards yato.

DeletedUser

My problem isn't with 200 tribes, it was 200 tribes who close allies are atleast 1 of the other top 5, and naps with atleast another. IMP for example doesn't need allies on this new world if they are that experienced, a handful of new noobs out of 200 is something to die for.

DeletedUser255

Guys.. stick on topic or ill ask for it to be deleted.. it shouldnt need to be an argument over something this stupid
My apologies, I was unaware my opinion wasn't valid.
IMP was named, I made my point and backed it up with statistics (still no acknowledgement of IMP being 30% of the server activity without taking into account whatever alliances they hold?)
Would you indeed prefer I tear into mass recruiting with the broad brush? My points extend, merely using an example tribe detracts little from the points I was making. Do I need to restate myself in a way that doesn't call out any one tribe for my points to be realised?

DeletedUser1487

We wouldn't be arguing if you understood the points others like ron made. But you don't so I'm not even going to try *walks out the room*.

DeletedUser255

Ron's single point that IMP aren't a mass recruiter because they did all their mass recruiting on another world? 200+ players, recruited at some time, on some world, is still mass recruiting.

DeletedUser1487

picard-facepalm.jpg

DeletedUser

200+ players, recruited at some time, on some world, is still mass recruiting.

Indeed, and sorry tfoxworthy, but you blokes wouldn't get so much flack if you wouldn't have tried to play it off as NOT mass recruiting.
If I was in an MRT (which I'm not) I would at least be fine with admitting it, I would own it and prove that even if I was in an MRT that we could still do well and not just because of numbers and prove it, not try and pretend that my tribe is not MRT related.

Reminds me of that server where the 200+ Russian players suddenly showed up and apparently made all the good players from the US quit the world out of annoyance as the Russian tribes owned 3 top tribes because they couldn't fit all of their players into one tribe, and then to make it worse (using the forum as my source) they took control of several tribes from the inside either by securing the founder slot (not sure on the details of that) or getting players into the council and convincing the rest to side with the Russian MRT war machine.

At least the Russian players admitted to the MRT thing, they mass recruited fellow Russian players for months on their forum (Apparently) before coming to that ONE US server.

I will say there is only two differences that I see here,

1: They admitted to mass recruiting, even if it was a different sort of mass recruiting than the usual type.
2: They didn't let the world know ahead of time that they were going to show up.

1: IMP refuses to admit any mass recruiting of any type.
2: IMP did warn the world ahead of time.

DeletedUser1278

I don't mind the large tribes having tons of members and allies. All I see is red whether it's orange or red anyways. While they're playing Hugs Wars and having to barb munch to gain villas, I'll have plenty of reds to feast on.

DeletedUser1177

So, if over the course of time from US1, to present, a tribe begins on US1, and eventually grows, little by little and moves on to the next server, they are still mass-recruiting? Apparently, they have changed the definition. At least the folks on the WoW wiki's are not terribly confused.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_mass_recruiting

-or-

From our very own Tribal Wars 2 forum:
"as the last post explain MRT is to recruit all players around you good players , noobs , refugees , almost inactive ... -1- and b4n are excellent examples here .
still i want to play this game :) ...... when you look at player gain you must look at player loses too !! it's a simple math , so i will set 16 days , your fav number :) , +17 days will not suit you that much ....
http://tw2stats.com/world/en3/alliance_achievements/playerloses?days=16
very simple 21-16 = 5 !! W11 gain 5 more members in the last 16 days ...
b4n lost 16 , unity 14 members in the same period and you still far from others in TOP tribes by members :p

Now if this thread was from AC! , WST , LEGACY , STA member , i will understand it . but from -1- ?? 176 member and a sister tribe with 156 ?? you really have the guts to come here & talk about MRT ..."

The above was retrieved from: https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/mass-recruitment-tribe-appreciation-thread.1750/

Trying to explain that none of the above (in blue) has happened...it's like..."it's like I'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'."

DeletedUser

Trying to explain that none of the above (in blue) has happened...it's like..."it's like I'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'."

I've played a lot of games similar to this online, this being my first US only server I've played, and I have dealt with an insane amount of insulting on this game.
Players get mad and instantly start insulting others, as if that makes their point more valid, I would have respected your post ron if you didn't end it with such a blatant lack of character insult.

And just so we're clear neither WoW or 1 tribe in 1 world on this one game get to decide what Mass recruiting is, I read the w9 forum and all around it and it seemed fairly clear that IMP was an MRT tribe from the start, and it looked more like they simply outlasted everyone else, as it appears all of their major opposition simply got bored and went to other worlds.
So as Yato said,
200+ players, recruited at some time, on some world, is still mass recruiting.

DeletedUser1177

Sorry - retired Navy, so I guess I can get a bit abrasive. Not used to sugar-coating things, especially in a war-game. Quoting Billy Bob Thornton in Tombstone I suppose was just way over the line and quite insensitive of me.

DeletedUser1487

Man I like this guy! Why can't you all be more like Ron! :p