• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

The world clock

DeletedUser1487

This feature is really screwing me up. I can understand having it on the side, but setting a universal time for everyone really sucks to be honest. Cause it is not 5:00 am right now for me, and thats screwing me up so hard trying to plan things out.

Tokano

Not a Mod
It's no different than planning things for a specific time zone.
I plan things for Eastern time but routinely work with people in Central and Pacific time. So I would just convert based on that.

Now all you need to do is plan for things based on server time. So for example plan for 00:00 server time. For me that is 8 PM as I live in Pennsylvania. I just have to remember that the clock is 4 hours ahead of me.

DeletedUser1487

I can't, I am not one to plan for another person's availability. But this is messing with my head, already have messed up with things like wondering how long it will be until nukes hit and such.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Hmm... I think we'll all adjust to it in a few days. The AM/PM cycles are throwing me off as well.

DeletedUser1993

I don't know why they implemented it, especially when people are already used to launching based on their time. Why fix something that isn't broken? At least give us an option to choose which time we want to have displayed, not everyone has the time to convert timezones especially when planning when to launch a ton of timed attacks. It's extremely inconvenient.

DeletedUser61

I don't know why they implemented it, especially when people are already used to launching based on their time. Why fix something that isn't broken? At least give us an option to choose which time we want to have displayed, not everyone has the time to convert timezones especially when planning when to launch a ton of timed attacks. It's extremely inconvenient.

1. This was something that everyone was asking for.
2. Does it really matter what timezone it's set for? It's same time for everyone now ;)

DeletedUser1993

Did it change again??? I swear it wasn't Eastern Time Zone a few days ago. I was in a business trip at NYC a few days ago and it wasn't EDT then.

2. Does it really matter what timezone it's set for? It's same time for everyone now ;)

I don't know who "everyone" is but clearly not everyone is happy about this implementation. As far as I remember people weren't even notified in-game about the change, no onboarding whatsoever.

For players in the US it's slightly easier, but there are non-US players in the server as well and it's probably even harder for them. I know some people will probably say "well they should go play in their own servers!" but it's good to encourage players from other countries to play here (round the clock Co-op anyone?), instead of deterring them.

I'm just gonna put this in the long list of bad UX that TW has.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Catlandia, I can personally attest that the in-game clock is something that everyone I know wanted and something that many players have expressed should have been in the game since day 1. I myself have wanted this server clock for a long time to make it easier to standardize a timezone.

There really isn't anything different about a server clock, tbh. Now we just know that EDT is the standard time to plan OPs and when the day/night cycle changes. Eastern time is -5 (-4 on mobile devices but that's a quirk best explained at another time), so simply add or subtract the difference between -5 and your local time. You would have to do this anyway if you ever talked with anyone from the East coast while planning an OP.

Not to mention, obviously the clock is going to be optimized for the United States as this is the U.S. server.

You also said we had no notification of the server clock... But you know... Update 1.64 disagrees with you.

DeletedUser1573

it would take some getting used to in a different time zone, but overall once everyone got used to it it would make timing much better. i always feel like a jerk when someone says i need you to land at 10:xx:xx & im an hour or 3 late/early, usually not a problem but it has happened once or twice

DeletedUser1506

Tfox, I like the server clock. For support purposes you can easily reference "9:00 PM Server Time" and people know for a fact the attacks land 9:00 PM Server Time instead of "7:00 PM MST" then users need to convert that to their time zone.

Other than mobile devices, at least Apple devices don't have the Server Clock not sure about Android. Android users seem to have everything yet Apple Mobile still to this day cannot set coops via Mobile, something that can be very important in this game. I had a tribe member in W11 go inactive and eaten by the enemy just because he always played with an iPhone and never had access to a PC.

DeletedUser

Tfox, I like the server clock. For support purposes you can easily reference "9:00 PM Server Time" and people know for a fact the attacks land 9:00 PM Server Time instead of "7:00 PM MST" then users need to convert that to their time zone.

Other than mobile devices, at least Apple devices don't have the Server Clock not sure about Android. Android users seem to have everything yet Apple Mobile still to this day cannot set coops via Mobile, something that can be very important in this game. I had a tribe member in W11 go inactive and eaten by the enemy just because he always played with an iPhone and never had access to a PC.
That's on Apple though. Apple is very very strict on what you can do for updates on any game. The Devs have mentioned this in the past.