• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Top 10 Tribes

DeletedUser465

You should be refreshing constantly for the great reviews he gives :p

33cbf1e0a8.png

TOP 10 TRIBES: Week 7

For links to all previous Weekly Rankings click
>>Here<<

The Fall of an Empire

Atlantis has fallen. The once great and powerful city has been utterly destroyed. Reports say that the Atlantean's put up a valiant fight on their walls for several days, but were eventually overrun by the barbaric hoards of quakers. King Benjamin was seen holding the city gates against thousands of Quakers for hours before he finally succumbed to a nasty blow to the chest by the Quaker general, who remains unknown at this time. Atlantean villages were ransacked and pillaged, with over 50 of them now flying Quaker banners. Several Atlantean's found refuge under the protection of The Kill Order, as their nobles were sent to oversee the villages.

The Witch Hunt
In other news, accusations have been thrown around that a man with multiple personality disorder, has been seen appearing magically in multiple places at the same time under different names. After several notable royalty brought this concern forward, the Semagonni Guild stepped forward to investigate the case. Upon further review, the review board claimed there was nothing to be concerned about, and that the case is false.
There is still discussion about whether or not this ruling has been swayed by outside forces, but there is nothing substantial at this time.

Continuing Instability
Despite last week's claims by the Semagonni Guild that the magical instability of the world has been looked into, the realm continues to feel the effects of unstable magic, which has most notably been affecting time and space. Concern about the stability of the world continues to be raised by citizens and nobility alike. However, these have mostly been ignored by the Semagonni Guild with a casual, "We are looking into the issue." Frustrations continues to rise among the ordinary folk, as they are being directly affected by this instability.

Interviews with Top Players:

Leaderboards Rank 1 Player:
Cokky
You are the top player of this world. First to 100,000 points, and first to 1,000,000 OBP. I have two questions:

Q1) Besides time investment, what is the most important quality for becoming a top player? -Llama
A1)
Being willing to learn at all times is the most important thing past time. You simply can never know enough every good opponent is a chance to hone your skills up and become better. -Cokky

Q2) In your opinion, what is the most fun part of the game? -Llama
A2)
I personally like the challenge that top players bring so this is both part 1 and 2. If you enjoy the challenge of playing against the best then you will also be knocking down your best competition for being number 1 as well so it is a 2 birds 1 stone approach. -Cokky

Top 2 Offensive Players:
Llama: You are the top offensive players in the world. Two questions:

Q1) When playing offensively, what is the most important part of attacking? -Llama
A1)
Timing is the most important part of attacking. But the rest depends on your mission you might be attacking only to weaken an opponent if so that should be the focus hitting them where it hurts. If you are attacking to take a town you dont want to take down anything more then what is necessary to take a town walls mostly. -Cokky

Q2) What tips/advice would you give to new players who want to play more aggressively? -Llama
A2)
The rest depends on your mission you might be attacking only to weaken an opponent if so that should be the focus hitting them where it hurts. If you are attacking to take a town you dont want to take down anything more then what is necessary to take a town walls mostly. The server lag is making precision attacks almost impossible so currently I am just concentrating on the smash of the people to weaken them. Fakes that look like attacks are also a factor so many people mass fake with no care what it looks like many can pick that out as a fake. Most of LQ all of war and most of TKO can tell the difference pretty well. -Cokky

Llama: You are the top offensive players in the world. Two questions:
1) When playing offensively, what is the most important part of attacking?
2) What tips/advice would you give to new players who want to play more aggressively?

Krssmth76:

Me personally its timing like Cokky says...as well confusing your opponent (Fake Attacks) so as to prevent them from knowing just where or what villa you will be attacking...otherwise naturally they would send all their support to one villa...so me personally I will "pepper" or scatter shot my opponents with ram fakes, noble fakes you name it...and then when one hits...your chance of successfully wiping that villa is higher...that is what I have come to know thus far...also of paramount importance is understanding each units specific strength as well as weaknesses and / or proper usage pertaining to each..

Top 2 Defensive Players:
Llama: You are the worlds most strategically defensive player.
1) How did you become the player with the most DBP?
2) How/when do you decide where to defend?
3) What is the most important advice you can give to a new player that is under constant attack?

Ishkibable:

1) How did you become the player with the most DBP?
A:
Firstly I'm in a fairly hostile area, so around here support gets passed around between players and villages like the coins in the turtle shell game from Mario Party. Additionally, other tribes have recently seemed to take an especially keen interest in me, which on one hand has unfortunately led to me losing a few villages, but at the same time it has also helped me destroy plenty of their troops and nobles when my villages are sufficiently stacked, and taken some pressure off of some of my other team mates that were previously in the line of fire.

2) How/when do you decide where to defend?
A:
As long as landing times between multiple villages aren't particularly close, I always try to choose defending the village that is either in the most danger of being lost, or I try to put myself in their shoes and try to figure out which village seems most attractive or best for easy pickings. Sometimes though it can be a headache when you're always trying to think 3 steps ahead of the enemy "Was that spy to throw me off?" "Is that incoming support real or fake?", but after watching your enemies closely, you can usually pick up on some things.

3) What is the most important advice you can give to a new player that is under constant attack
A:
Stay calm and spy. When you see 50 or 100 attacks at you, your knee jerk reaction is to go to your support threads and scream at the top of your lungs that you are under attack. Instead, play it smart. Gather together the group of players that are being attacked by the person(s), and work as a group to spy the enemys' villages, and determine which of yours are most likely the targets. Try never to panic, and always try to communicate with and listen to the advice of your team, good relationships with team mates will always help to keep you alive.

Llama: You are the worlds most strategically defensive player. Three questions:

Q1) How did you become the player with the most DBP? -Llama
A1)
Build troops and make enemies and you'll get there ;) -Iknumskaw

Q2) How/when do you decide where to defend? -Llama
A2)
a LOT of things go into this. Experience in this area will have the largest influence. Sure, you could try to read tips or learn from someone, but nothing will replace a history of defending yourself. Pretty vague answer, I know, but your faithful readers can get their game tips somewhere else ;) -Iknumskaw
Q3) What is the most important advice you can give to a new player that is under constant attack? -Llama
A3)
Single most important advice is DONT GIVE UP. Attackers look to make players quit. Those tiny guys that never go away are a nuisance. -Iknumskaw

TOP 10 TRIBES!
map_www_us20_0e1879bd64a720b2247c91aae9058288_14900315116865.png

LEADERBOARD RANKINGS

I want to make clear that I am trying to be as unbiased in my assessments as possible, to give you accurate, quality content to look at on the forums.

1) Livid Quakers:
The full fruition of the LQ war against ATG has mostly come to an end. After a brutal week of fighting, ATG lost over 50 villages this week, seeing most of their players sent to the rim. This is a good showing for LQ's potential in future ops. However, diplomatically, they seem to be having some troubles. Time will tell if this will cause them trouble later down the road.
As you can see, they have made massive gains on the Eastern side of the core. LQ will most likely continue to strengthen their holds and make sure they don't lose these new villages. Insane gains in BP this week totaling over 9,000,000 evenly split 1:1 ratio between DBP and OBP. They gained triple the villages of the rank 2 tribe this week.
Top 50: 16 Members

2) The Kill Order:
Continuing to have a steady rise in points, bash, and village gain, TKO is expanding to the south and southwest at a rapid pace. With their healthy grip on the South Eastern side of the core, you can now see distinct battle lines on the Eastern edge of the core with LQ. Diplomacy also seems to be going very well for TKO this week. 2:1 ratio on OBP/DBP gain this week equaling roughly 3,000,000 BP.
It would also appear they managed to grab one of REW's bigger members. They will be continuing their expansion to the West to secure 1/3 of the world, if they have their way.
Top 50: 13 Members

3) We Always Rule:
As always, the small 20 man/woman tribe is fantastic gains in weekly stats. You can see slight gains in the core, securing their positioning in their provinces, as well as slight incursions into LQ territory. Their alliance with TKO has definitely benefited them quite a bit. Great BP gains this week with a 3:1 ratio OBP/DBP, totaling 3,500,000 BP.
As predicted, WAR is pushing Southwest between LQ and TKO in the slight gap you can see at the core. They will likely attempt to continue this expansion with several members, while securing their core strongholds.
Top 50: 16 Members

4) The Collective:
Another successful week for TCL, as they took advantage of LQ's war with ATG. They had decent stat growth this week, and appear to have nabbed up one of Hostile Intentions members on the western rim. This is also where they've seen the most growth overall. Solid 4/1 OBP/DBP this week, but they didn't break 1,000,000 total BP. Considering they are mostly a rim tribe, this is still a very positive week for them.
Likely to see continued growth on the Western/Northern rim, as they battle against S&M, DIE, and several others for dominance in the area.
Top 50: 2 Members

5) Sarcasm & Malice:
Another seemingly bad week for S&M. Losing an additional net 28 members and 38 villages this week, you can see the differences from the map last week. However, this may be a part of their long term strategy, as you can see they are now recruiting almost strictly on the Eastern rim. They continue to have their small island on the Western part of the core, which appears to be growing as well, to the detriment of LQ. They managed to have a positive OBP/DBP ratio of 3:1, but like TCL, they didn't break 1,000,000 total BP. Again, remember that they are mostly a rim tribe at this point.
The future remains uncertain for S&M, as they look like they are bleeding members and villages. Hopefully they will be able to staunch the losses, and begin to gain traction on their eastern edge.
Top 50: 1 members

6) REW:
REW seem to be slowly dissolving at this point. They lost another 3 big players, and have mostly negative stat growth this week. Poor leadership makes one wonder if they will manage to stick around much longer, or be absorbed by bigger tribes.
Nothing else to say here. This tribe seems to be pretty much over.
Top 50: 0 Members

7) Destined Imperial Empire:
DIE had a fairly relaxed week. Still losing members, but they did have positive village growth, which is a good sign. Hopefully we will be seeing more life from them on the Southeastern rim.
If they can continue to recruit members on the Eastern/Southern side of the rim, I see them having at least decent staying power in the long term for this world.

8) Sons of Liberty: (COLOR CHANGE)
These guys are still fairly small, but having positive growth overall, which is a very good sign for them. But again, they are a small tribe, so stats are not really worth mentioning at this point.
They continue to be stuck between LQ, and will likely have to expand to the Northern part of the rim, where they have room to grow.

9) The Great Lords: (COLOR CHANGE)
TLG had a solid performance this week with slight gains against S&M on the Eastern rim. However, they are definitely getting hammered somewhere as they had a 2:1 DBP ratio this week.
Likely to see recruitment and expansion on the Eastern rim as they fight against S&M. Still lots of gaps, so hopefully they will be able to close those soon.

10) Melon Heads: (NEW TRIBE!)
Please welcome the newest tribe to the top 10, Melon Heads! A well earned spot for this new tribe, they appear to have 2 islands on the Southeast and Southwestern parts of the rim. They had overall positive gains in members and villages, this week, but seem to be taking a beating from somewhere, as they had a 2:1 DBP ratio this week.
Not sure what these guys are going to do next, as they seem to be encircled by DIE on both east/west sides of the rim. They will either have to fight their way through or steal members to really secure their footholds on the world.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
1) Sooo Rone Ree

With only 3 members, they almost made the top 10 this week. You'll notice their biggest member used to be in TKO.
2) Hostile Intentions
Like their name claims, this is a very aggressive tribe with fairly experienced/intimidating members, they had the 4th highest total BP gain this week, despite being rank 12 on the leaderboards.

And now, its time for the POWER RANKINGS!

(Power rankings are based on my observations/statistics/calculations.)

Power Rankings:
1) Livid Quakers
2) The Kill Order
3) We Always Rule
4) The Collective
5) Sarcasm & Malice
6) Melon Heads
7) Sons of Liberty
8) The Great Lords
9) Destined Imperial Empire
10) REW

A special thanks to cokky, krssmth76, Ishkibable, and Iksumskaw for helping make this week's update possible!

If you enjoy these weekly updates, please don't forget to hit the 'like' button, leave a comment, or share with your tribe!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2216

Solid update. Any chance of switching L.Q's color with any of the bottom 5 tribes? It would make for easier viewing to have more contrast between them and the black background.

Solid update. Any chance of switching L.Q's color with any of the bottom 5 tribes? It would make for easier viewing to have more contrast between them and the black background.
I'm really regretting my color choice for LQ at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think I can change it, because I am planning on making a gif of all the weekly map updates at a later point.

DeletedUser2216

I'm really regretting my color choice for LQ at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think I can change it, because I am planning on making a gif of all the weekly map updates at a later point.

Do you have experience with image editing software? Replace color --> profit

Exciting news! We will have our first installment for the "Pillar of the Community" section in next week's issue! Salt, drama, and tabloids are finally making it into your favorite Top 10 Weekly Updates!

5c11dee6a1.png

TOP 10 TRIBES: Week 8

For links to all previous Weekly Rankings click >>
Here<<

The Patrol
(Based on real-time events)
It seemed like just any other village patrol for the mounted archer division. Brad and Gerard patrolled the province limits, keeping an eye out for any potential raiders. Refugees from neighboring villages had spoken of a massive army, killing and stealing whatever pitiful food and resources they could find.
Brad and Gerard turned their horses around, bows slung over their backs, and began heading back to the castle when a spear flew just past Brad’s ear.
Brad began to shout a curse, but was cut off by the booming war cry of raiders.
“We have to get back to the village! Now!”
They whipped their horses, racing them towards the village gates, with the enemy raiders hot on their heels. Just as the village gates were in view, another war party appeared, running to block their escape.
“We aren’t going to make it!” Cried Gerard, “We will have to fight them!”
The whole world seemed to slow down, as Gerard and Brad unloosed their bows. Arrows began flying at the horde of raiders, downing one after another. A gap began to form in the raiders’ ranks, leaving a small opening towards the gates.
Without saying a word, Brad and Gerard looked at each other and nodded. They made a break for the quickly closing gap, spears flying past their heads as they broke through the raiders’ ranks.
Assessing the situation, Brad could tell they were not going to make it. He turned his horse and smashed into the enemy lines, trampling several surprised raiders. Brad reached for his sword pommel, only to find it was missing. It must have been dropped in all the action! Brad quickly drew an arrow and began releasing volley after volley into the nearest target.

“HA! We made it!” said Gerard and looked back for his friend. His eyes widened as he saw the scene before him. Brad had charged headfirst into the enemy! “No,” whispered Gerard, as his friend was knocked from his saddle, his side pierced by an enemy spear. Gerard drew his bow, vowing to slay all the raiders and avenge his friend.

Battle Report:
5b2b64068a.png
Story Idea/Writing Credits: TaminStrange

TOP 10 TRIBES!
map_www_us20_f3af73fd3c318bd8b536a142de039359_14906352124560.png

LEADERBOARD RANKINGS

I want to make clear that I am trying to be as unbiased in my assessments as possible, to give you accurate, quality content to look at on the forums.

1) Livid Quakers:
Well, this has been an insane week. If you haven’t noticed, TCL is no longer around, as they have officially merged into LQ. Looking at the map, you can now see they hold a massive majority of the map, and for all intents and purposes control roughly 60% of the map.
Quick weekly stats gain rundown: (I don’t normally add this)
42 new members, +550 villages gained, +2.9m point, +20m BP (1:1 ratio)
I don’t think I really need to add anything else about this. LQ is going to continue smashing into WAR/TKO at the core, and will begin to fill out the northern hemisphere.
Top 50: 24 Members (up from 16)

2) The Kill Order:
Another great week for TKO. They are slowly kicking LQ out of their area, and have gained a couple more top members from tribes like REW. Amusingly, their small island to the northwest has grown this week.
Fantastic stat gains this week: 94 villages, 650k points, 3.3m BP (4:1 OBP ratio).
Obviously, TKO needs to continue filling out the SouthEastern part of the world. They’re going to have an interesting time trying to push through LQ to the east. You will most likely see them attempting to gain alliances with the smaller northern tribes, stealing more active members from DIE/REW, and continued work with Southern Comfort. Smartest move may be for TKO to grab all Soc members.
Top 50: 13 Members (no change)

3) We Always Rule:
Whew. WAR is now starting to feel the pains of only having 20 total members. Something I’ve noticed recently, is that if one of their members makes a mistake, other WAR members will begin eating their villages. So, if you’re a WAR member, don’t lose too many villages or nukes, or you’ll be kicked and rimmed!
Bad week of stats for WAR: -5 villages, +19k points, 8m BP (1:1 ratio)
As strong as WAR’s all-star individual members are, they lack teamwork. This needs to be addressed immediately if they hope to be around much longer.
Top 50: 12 Members (down from 16)

4) Sarcasm & Malice:
Officially a dying tribe. Due to the rimming of their tribe leader, and continued attrition, I am thinking S&M will be gone within the next 4-6 weeks.
Awful stats this week: -20 members, -97 villages, -288k points, even -550kBP (500k OBP)
It looks like some of S&M’s better/offensive members have left the tribe. Their remaining members are most likely going to look to merge into tribes with better leadership.

5) REW:
REW is still losing their most active/successful members to TKO. As predicted last week, REW is a dying tribe. Their points/activity is so minimal, it’s honestly not worth taking the time to post.
Nothing else to really say here. Their remaining members will most likely join TKO, Melons, or another active tribe, or slowly be rimmed.
Top 50: 0 members

6) Destined Imperial Empire:
This MRT is slowly dying as well. Unfortunately, they have not seen any success in expanding their hold on the rim, and their tribal leadership is completely non-existent.
Decaying stats: -21 members, -35 villages, +35k points, -15k BP
DIE’s best bet is to join Melons, which I highly doubt will be possible, as Melons need a source to feed on.

7) Sons of Liberty:
Fairly decent week for SLR. Pretty minimal gains over in their British-looking island to the north, but they saw some decent village gains on the Western rim.
Below-Average stat gains: +14 villages, +109k points, 325k BP (2:1 OBP ratio)
Honestly not much to say here. They’ve been lucky to have some sort of peace with LQ, and will want to do what they can to keep it. They need to continue expanding, obviously. I see them possibly stealing S&M’s members to the north.

8) Melon Heads:
FINALLY a tribe new to be excited about! These guys have seen some great stat gains over the past week. Stealing members from S&M to the East, and nabbing villages from neutral players, they are slowly solidifying their hold on the rim.
Third best stat gains this week: +4 members, +42 villages, + 140k points, +1m BP (1:1 BP ratio)
I’m hoping to see more positive gains from Melons this coming week. They need to start locking down their provinces at the rim, and begin recruiting/eating DIE/REW members where they can.

9) The Great Lords:
Another semi-decent week for TGL. They’ve gained a couple more active members this week and are strengthening their position on the North Eastern rim. They appear to be nobling neutral players at the moment.
Decent stat gains: +23 villages, +63k points, +378k BP (.5:1 obp ratio)
TGL needs to continue expanding their village count, and find a way to grab the rest of S&M’s members, and find a way to keep the peace with Melons.

10) Southern Comfort (COLOR CHANGE)
Barely making their way back into the top 10, Soc has actualy had a decent week. They’ve kicked some of their worst/inactive members, and gained a couple new active ones. Their alliance with TKO has helped them stick around.
Decent stat gains: +5 members, +17 villages, + 51k points, -44k BP (due to kicking DBP players)
You can see they have begun making an effort to recruit on the South Western rim. Hopefully they will be able to regroup and start creating a stronghold for themselves.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
1) Late Game Turtle

Keep an eye on these guys. They might be small, but they have been making gains worthy enough to be noticed. Solid grouping on the North Western part of the realm.
2) Hostile Intentions
Hostile is likely to be dying out soon, and absorbed into TKO/WAR.

And now, its time for the POWER RANKINGS!

(Power rankings are based on my observations/statistics/calculations.)

Power Rankings:

1) Livid Quakers
2) The Kill Order
3) We Always Rule
4) Melon Heads
5) Sons of Liberty
6) The Great Lords
7) Southern Comfort
8) Destined Imperial Empire
9) Sarcasm & Malice
10) REW

A special thanks to TaminStrange for helping make this week's update possible!

If you enjoy these weekly updates, please don't forget to hit the 'like' button, leave a comment, or share with your tribe!

Last edited:
seems LQ's gains have only been through member gains.
While your statement is mostly true, if you load week 7/8 maps side by side, you can see that LQ has gained quite a bit of ground near the core. TKO is also doing a good job of pushing LQ out of their South Eastern stronghold. It's still pretty much a stalemate on the TKO/LQ battle lines.

DeletedUser2333

seems LQ's gains have only been through member gains.
yes the majority of this weeks gains were from the TCL Merge, but if you take a closer look, you will see this weekend L.Q gained 3mil OPB while another tribe in the top 3 gained 3mil DBP.. I will leave it up to you to figure out who we hit :D

DeletedUser1487

While your statement is mostly true, if you load week 7/8 maps side by side, you can see that LQ has gained quite a bit of ground near the core. TKO is also doing a good job of pushing LQ out of their South Eastern stronghold. It's still pretty much a stalemate on the TKO/LQ battle lines.
Ya I haven't seen much of a border change in that region for weeks haha.