• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

TW2 Experience

DeletedUser2067

As a player, it took me quite a while 10 years ago to perfect my art of playing tribal wars 1 and become great friends with awesome players from different worlds. In W6, 18, 30 and beyond it was normal for players to be 10, 20 million etc point with hundreds of villas and worlds lasted for like 3-4 years sometimes even more. In those days we used to pay like $5 bucks a month to get premium account and we could donate coins to players so that they can also unlock premium account.

in TW2 it seems like being a 100K point player is a big deal or even 3 million. Players who can afford to pay with crowns can extend the queue in each villa will have the most advantage against others. There is nothing wrong with pay to play model (Though games are loosing great players over this), but when you force each village to have to use crowns to extend queue, now you just pushing it.

My friends and I who have played well over 10 years in this game have decided not to come back after this world is done or we just get rimmed. Unfortunately everyone has family and obligations and i cant force them to whip out CC every week.

The original old school players can run miles around most of these whining young bucks who just merge or look for bigger tribes for shield. But like i said, i cant force people to whip out CC for every village they capture.

I applaud the young bucks who dont mind this type of game play and never experienced the original tribal wars. If this is your thing, much power to you. In the old day anyone in our K either joins or get rimmed. Now i just see bunch of players hopping through province just to get villages with descent size, where before nobody moved from there cluster (As they risked being ganged banged) unless there moving to front lines. At least speaking for my self, i still cant get used to that.

DeletedUser2067

What's your point?

My point is that when innogames brought in the executive from EA, he changed the game dynamic to become a cash cow rather then retaining the millions of players who have been playing this game since 2006. Most did not mind paying monthly premiums. But TW2 revolves around milking the cow. In those days we had probably 500K players joining a new world, now your lucky if you get 500. World 17 is a dead world and eventually your going to have players attacking dead accounts who are not even playing or putting resistance...Which is lame and boring. But i guess TW has evolved to this type of game dynamics.

DeletedUser2065

I agree with ajm135x. Few things I like to point out about the game.
1. It is the "easiest" MMORTS game I ever played. There are hardly 200 active players on both worlds I play. Its the only reason I even play 2 servers. I spend a lot of cash on games but I will not spend in this game. I really feel bad for people who spend real cash in this game. I feel its pointless. Outcome is going to be the same irrespective of what you do.

2. Resource boosts and recruitment time reduction boosts are purest MMORTS game killers.

3. End game we have right now is bogus. Its also makes me wonder why I should spend money or time to play. If server is gonna close after one tribe wins, then all time money and time spent is gone. You wont even get anything. Not even the winning tribe. In few other games I played, they have end game winner achievements pinned to their accounts.
If the devs tweak the game a bit, I'm sure people will play. Firstly they should remove resource boosts from game and make a proper end game or simply leave it. Don't close the server!

Tokano

Not a Mod
If spending money doesn't change the outcome of the game, why would the time reductions kill the game?
If you don't understand why anyone would waste their time on this game, why are you playing two servers?

rr77gg.jpg

DeletedUser2065

If spending money doesn't change the outcome of the game, why would the time reductions kill the game?
If you don't understand why anyone would waste their time on this game, why are you playing two servers?
Time to re-quote, "It is the "easiest" MMORTS game I ever played. There are hardly 200 active players on both worlds I play. Its the only reason I even play 2 servers."

Also doing nothing and ranking up fast makes me feel good! Oh and I'm not a any super strong tribes. I got rimmed on my first server. The second server I play is the newest one, shield will go down today. And will get rimmed again!!!

Anyway my point is game is good but some aspects of it will not make it grow. I envy those who play on older servers as there seem to be lot more players playing it.

P.S. I only log in once or twice a day and upgrade buildings and off. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokano

Not a Mod
"It is the "easiest" MMORTS game I ever played.

I got rimmed on my first server. The second server I play is the newest one, shield will go down today. And will get rimmed again!!!

If the game is so easy, why are you getting rimmed?
The game gets significantly harder when you quit city building and start city conquering.

I feel like I'm just feeding trolls at this point. :/

DeletedUser2065

That is exactly my point! Even after I get rimmed, I move up rank so fast. Its because many players quitting. I'm not quitting yet and am waiting for that end game the devs promised.

Tokano

Not a Mod
That is exactly my point! Even after I get rimmed, I move up rank so fast. Its because many players quitting. I'm not quitting yet and am waiting for that end game the devs promised.
Rank doesn't mean anything... That's why you're getting rimmed.
Rank means one thing and one thing only: you're spending resources on buildings instead of troops.
I keep my points low, keep my nukes large, and try to keep my OBP as high as possible. Not that US16 really allows me to kill that many people... I'm trapped in the core. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser734

Sounds like you're playing the game wrong....

Also, that end game is never coming, we already know that, I'm 99% one of the mods posted it in one of the threads we made talking about end game. There's just so much that's higher priority than the end game and so many things that come out before it which necessitate changes to it. No world that is currently open can expect a different end game.

DeletedUser1487

I bet that endgame that they keep saying will come will finally show itself in beta form at like w36, maybe 37.

DeletedUser2067

Usually the end game is when you get rimmed lol :p...But I have seen where some people make a come back, usually people quit and they get to consume the villas.

DeletedUser1487

Well then the problem consists in the player, not the game, no real strong commitment to do better or continue. You can make the game perfect, but if the player has no commitment, game makers can't do anything about it. Only the player can.

DeletedUser1993

For me the biggest downer about this game is the massive gap between really good players & tribes vs meh players & tribes. Once a good tribe dominates the world (early or after a few months or so), that's it, it's only a matter of clean up after that, and that gets incredibly boring.

A lot of people are also not that committed and give up after realizing they have over 500 incomings, and/or are uninterested in changing their strategies, doing the same thing over and over (even if it's what got them rimmed in previous worlds in the first place).

Crowning in TW2 does have its benefits, but I don't think it makes the game unbalanced. Increasing the build queue isn't important, daily troop recruitment is not worth the crowns, instant troop recruitment is too expensive (just relocate and let every village recruit), instantly building a church (and additionally wall to a high level) after entering a red province can be substituted by using the chapel method instead, etc etc. Tl;dr it caters to the impatient, but doesn't give massive advantages to an average player vs a skilled player who barely (or doesn't) use crowns

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1426

I'm WAY late to this conversation, but....
I think there was a good point made earlier about the numbers of players, or lack thereof. Has this been true over each new world, are the numbers consistently, or almost consistently getting lower?
Q world is pretty small.

I think there are some players who are good players, or potentially good players, who aren't on the game as frequently as others. Having only 2 building cues makes it difficult to keep up, especially in the early stages of starting your first cluster.

There are several cues for troops, and I understand why. I think TW would see more players stick around if they added an extra 1 or 2 building cues. And i think they'd still see the same money being spent on crowns.

cokky

Berserker
yes it is a very disturbing trend. there was 80k ppl on E which was the largest where worlds were still increasing it was the peak. since then it has gotten to a world with 10k ppl. Multiple worlds before this one was 15k or so so it was another player cliff of 5k players. Most of which arguably sucked but still they represented possible further growth. This happens in all these games. But the real question is what we can do to reverse the trend if anything.

DeletedUser759

one thing that was happening new worlds was opening up real fast at that point might have done some damage

DeletedUser270

I think one of the main problems is you no longer have many tribes competing. One person or a couple people spends a ton of money to get tribe skills up to 50. The only way to really compete is to spend the money yourself. People flock to the cash (tribe skills etc...). You end up at the beginning with two maybe 3 tribes that have a chance to win. The first worlds I was on there were 20 some tribes that were in contention. The tribe skills in my mind ruined the the game. Money players had an advantage before, now they can almost buy the world. I love the idea and intent, but not the practice as is.