• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Reported [TWX-12404] Hotkey Presets 1-9 Bug

DeletedUser394

Before 1.17, when you send out attacks (via F or E hotkeys or Village menu) once you click the support/attack button the attack window would disappeared (reset) for both preset and non-preset options.

After 1.17, when you send out attacks, non-preset attacks, E or Village menu, still reset the attack window. Any preset attack doesn't close the attack window. There is only a sound conformation if the attack was sent or not, since the attack window hides your target village there is no visual cue. If you play with out sound or are deaf you do not know if the attack has been sent or not.

This is a consistency issue, up until now it has work the same for both ways of attacking, now with the bug or undocumented change this cause issues for those like me who rely on visual cues not sound.

Chrome
Version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit)
US Eremitage

DeletedUser394

The new 1.17 feature hotkeys 1-9 for preset troop attack/support doesn't work for hotkey F and has side effects

Currently works by clicking the target village, then pressing the preset hotkey 1-9. Or clicking target village, selecting preset from the menu, then pressing preset hotkey 1-9.

This feature does not work if you use hotkey F, to open up the preset window, then press 1-9. As this is a hotkey feature, I don't see the point if you have to use a mouse to use this, and cant use the quickest method, F then 1-9 to send attacks/support.

Unfortunately any window that requires you to press 1-9, such as the barracks or market, will also trigger the hotkey and send troops un-intentionally.

Chrome
Version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit)
Eremitage

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

Thank you I will look into this today. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused

DeletedUser583

Thank you for your information. I have personally have gone over this issue. For HOTKEY F to work you must have the target village highlighted first (only time mouse is needed(unless you have touch screen) After that 1-9 will work. When entering Barracks or Market ALWAYS make sure the village you are working IN is highlighted or you will unintentionally send an attack/support to whatever village you have highlighted! We do apologize for any troubles this may cause. If this does not resolve your issue would you kindly send me step by step process with screen shots if possible, I will gladly assist you through anymore questions you may have!

DeletedUser394

A feature should make a task easier for a user, not make a task more complicated. This not a user error.

For example: I want to send 100 SP 100 SW 100 AR to a tribe mate. The steps to do this are:
  1. Select the village with your mouse
  2. Click the Send Army button
  3. Type in the troop amounts in the boxes
  4. Click Support
The new "feature" messes up step 3. When you type in 100 in each box, what ever preset is #1 is sent three times as you type #1, three times. If I send odd troop combinations say like 123sp for example, it would send preset #1, 2, 3. There is no way around this, and this is only one of at least 3 different actions that this feature messes up. Anytime you MUST select a village to accomplish a task and MUST type in a number this un-intentional side effect happens.

Players shouldn't have to cancel attack(s)/support(s) because a feature makes extra steps instead of simplifying the current task.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser583

Thank you for the response I see what you are saying now(sorry i use sliders in that menu). I will make this known to the developers. Until then I am sorry for the inconvenience.

DeletedUser657

It also happens when you are putting in the amount of troops you are recruiting. So if I enter 100 for a troop type it tries to send the preset troops related to the 1 button.

The other issue is that if you do the old way of clicking the presets, the preset screen no longer disappears. Instead you have to manually cancel the screen and it just adds another step in the process.

DeletedUser394

@nighthawk, I've reported the preset window bug in a separate post.

DeletedUser61

Not a problem. I want you all to know that any bugs that you report or experience we want to take care of them. Please note that after we report them doesn't mean that they are fixed within 24 hours sometime they can take time but the developers take them very seriously. We ask that you guys continue to improve the game by your suggestions / ideas because at the end of the day we want to make each player happy.

We really do appreciate you guys being apart of The Tribal Wars 2 United States Community here. As soon as a bug/issue is reported we will edit the title thread with the ticket number so you know this has been reported as well.

Kind Regards,
Coolnite7

DeletedUser465

Cool these are confirmed as they happen to me as well. If you hit 'F' and try to type in numbers it will take the preset number and do whatever the hotkey is. However the click and hit a number part works perfectly fine. Seems like an overlay type issue or something where it's still working while in the wrong screen.