• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Update 1.50 screwed up

DeletedUser1472

The massive lag is just beyond unplayable............I try send out raids and it takes more then 30 secs ltr to show that i sent

DeletedUser1472

Not really it didnt tell me that the lighted ones use up ur res reduction item and i accidently used up 2 of mine

DeletedUser

UGH... i mentioned that one like a week ago... >.>

I posted warning in my tribe that if you have do not show messages about cost reduce it will burn through them

DeletedUser

Go into the settings and reset everything under gameplay under game, see if that reset build cost pop up

DeletedUser725

I have noticed that you can only start 1 or 2 building upgrades and then the browser has a cache freeze and you have to reload the page. I have found the best strategy is to close and reopen the overview page after every upgrade selection. This allows you to do 7 or 8 building upgrades before the page freezes up. This app has been plagued with cache problems for ages and this new feature although it looks impressive has taken the usual problems your code has managing the cache and amplified them to the point this feature is unusable. Please figure out how to manage the cache on an internet browser. If you have to you might consider hiring someone who knows something about how browsers work. I really do not like reloading my game every 30 seconds just to clear the cache. It was bad enough as it was where you had to do this every 45 minutes.

I am using Chrome as my browser BTW. But have seen the same behavior on Opera.

DeletedUser1507

I dont know about other worlds but on this one the update is actually causing so many issues its stupid, i cant even send support to my own villages and have to refresh the game.. im trying to snipe but when this happens what am i meant to do? Lose a village and mark it down to "just one of those unfortunate things" we have had troubles on most updates but this one has the most that are wrecking gameplay :(

DeletedUser1177

Browsers: (In response to Simon Brittanicus)
Chrome is the quickest and most reliable for me. Then Opera. Firefox has grainy graphics and can be a bit slow. MSIE is the absolute worst. My system is fine...Alienware 17, 24GB ram. Win10 (and linux). Behavior is the same with a single browser/tab or multiple browser/tabs. I had been running on 3 worlds at once and co-op'd a bit, so I kept a lot up at a time.
I also run on Android. Tried the iPad app & it was horrible.

DeletedUser1494

The freeze or lag is unplayable right now. I am seriously thinking about quitting the game altogether.

DeletedUser465

This is probably the most bugs i've seen since world 1 haha

DeletedUser

Browsers: (In response to Simon Brittanicus)
Chrome is the quickest and most reliable for me. Then Opera. Firefox has grainy graphics and can be a bit slow. MSIE is the absolute worst. My system is fine...Alienware 17, 24GB ram. Win10 (and linux). Behavior is the same with a single browser/tab or multiple browser/tabs. I had been running on 3 worlds at once and co-op'd a bit, so I kept a lot up at a time.
I also run on Android. Tried the iPad app & it was horrible.
Msg me when you want to sell that.

DeletedUser

I have heard more bad things about all the updates inno games has made the past 2 month then positive things about it
The lag was almost always not caused by our end. Also we had beta world's where these updates get released before servers wide release, but not enough players to spot the errors and some are so silly

DeletedUser1472

When one player laags u can use that excuse but when many report the same problem its not on us, and i keep getting the you do not have enough units message when i have a entire army sitting there that i cant send

DeletedUser

When one player laags u can use that excuse but when many report the same problem its not on us, and i keep getting the you do not have enough units message when i have a entire army sitting there that i cant send

I think I said this before on another thread, but I'm fairly certain 1.51 solves most if not all of these issues, and it will be out any day now.

DeletedUser725

Your testing and release engineering methodology is seriously flawed. The major problem with freeze-ups may be associated with the number of villages in a persons account but is definitely related to mismanagement of the caching on the end users platform. I get warning messages occasionally from chrome about lengthy delays in waiting for the cache. usually a few seconds before the browser freezes up. I would suggest looking into advanced custom caching solutions. Caching has been a long standing problem with your system. You need to redesign that entire part of the game. Concentrate on purging outdated items, some sort of in memory b-tree to access desired items quickly, custom indexes into the in memory cache db for specialized purposes, and a 2 generation scheme of caching with the 1st generation being new items that may be flushed soon and the 2nd generation being longer term items that may be hanging around for a while. There is a large body of knowledge around the internet about these techniques. Read up on them.

But all this just means on your test bed platform you need to test with a range of account sizes, and platforms corresponding to actual usage, The rule in testing is to test the edges of your domain space and then test mainline central average values.

The freeze up on the bulk building queue management seems to be slightly better. My observations.
1. Can actually perform 12-15 queue selections before the freeze occurs. But only if you are at the beginning of the page list or at the end.
2. If you are in a central page say you have 17 pages of villages and your on page 8 or 9 the freeze occurs after a single building selection.
3. The freeze seems to be related to the display or hiding of a buildings pop-up displaying resources and necessary resources with gold usage. Every freeze I have seen has been when a popup appeared or instantaneously after if disappears.

[Feature Request]
Please shade buttons that will invoke the expenditure of golds or the use of a inventory item with a different color. I suggest a red color. This allows users to see immediately which upgrades can be accomplished without spending some golds.

[General Rant]
I have been a programmer for thirty years and currently I am the Lead Engineer of a Big Data, Cloud Based, Analytics Platform doing Geo-Statistical Analysis of Agricultural data. I as at AT&T Labs for 12 years and Microsoft Labs for 5 years. I know how hard it is to build quality software. The biggest component of quality is having a thorough and systematic testing cycle. It is obvious that not even a cursory test cycle was run on this code. If any realistic simulation of actual users had attempted to use the major release features it would have been apparent in less than five minutes that this software was not ready to release.

In my experience it is better to release something late that works, letting the users be grateful that they have finally received an update than to release software that doesn't work and can actually damage a users position or game play. This is a failure of both the QA department and the upper management of the Dev team. Get your act together guys. I really enjoy this game but once you develop a rep for buggy releases you will see people leaving for other game systems. If you continue to do this you will eventually drive the game into the ground.

Sincerely,
Simon Brittanicus

Management

Banned
They told Serendipity that the lag was her fault because she has too many village! what!? haha...you guys aren't even trying anymore are you?

And maybe people would play your beta if you offered an incentive... like crowns! give 200 crowns per month to every player who remains active on the beta server or something like that.