• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

using money to win a battle

DeletedUser1167

this is the most bogus thing ive ever seen and will probably make me quit. ive bought and used coins in the resourse deposit as well as donations but I was just in an epic battle where after 24 hours I had his 4 villages on theyre last legs. until of course he wipped out his credit card and his zero walls became level 20 in a matter of an hour and 7 or 8 thousand new troops magically appeared. his one village went up 600 points in a few hours. what a waste of time. using money to win a battle should be considered cheating and the checkout should be closed while in a battle,

DeletedUser

I had a guy coin a lv 3 church, an academy, and lv 20 walls. He then coined 25 other buildings after i hit him with 30 sabotajes. He coined his walls again after each one of my 6 nukes hit him. You have no idea how bad coining is...

DeletedUser1260

Let us discuss this more. What if we did have a trigger on buying when the player is in battle? How would this change the dynamic?

DeletedUser1167

allowing someone to buy a win is a disgrace, its not a win at all, its basically cheating. before battle we do our prep, spy reports , nukes in place . whats the point of a game of STRATEGY when the wallet takes the strategy out of it. if he wants to spend coins on stuff because hes lazy or impatient, so be it. but during a battle the checkout should be closed. you should do with what you have and whatever support your tribe sends. not that it matters but is there a limit to what someone can spend recruiting troops?

DeletedUser

allowing someone to buy a win is a disgrace, its not a win at all, its basically cheating. before battle we do our prep, spy reports , nukes in place . whats the point of a game of STRATEGY when the wallet takes the strategy out of it. if he wants to spend coins on stuff because hes lazy or impatient, so be it. but during a battle the checkout should be closed. you should do with what you have and whatever support your tribe sends. not that it matters but is there a limit to what someone can spend recruiting troops?

Or alternatively prevent crowns from being spent in towns that currently have incoming attacks, while still allowing him to purchase crowns and spend crowns in other villages not associated with the attacks.

DeletedUser1167

but other villages could be part of the strategy, now saying that anything that maybe remotely involved is going to see fakes so yes, I could live with that as a solution. maybe during battle if there could be a trigger that makes the coins go grey for say a 6 hour period or something like that

DeletedUser797

It isn't that bad. It sounds like you didn't play correctly, so you lost and you complained.

DeletedUser1167

It isn't that bad. It sounds like you didn't play correctly, so you lost and you complained.
you must obviously be one of these guys who don't know how to play . using coins to win a battle takes the strategy out of the game, its now a battle of wallets

DeletedUser

"Didn't play correctly." My ass. Explain to me how coining a lv 3 church, lv 20 walls, an academy, repairing walls to lv 20 6 times and repairing damage from 25 sabotajes not "Playing correctly." Idiot.

DeletedUser1167

"Didn't play correctly." My ass. Explain to me how coining a lv 3 church, lv 20 walls, an academy, repairing walls to lv 20 6 times and repairing damage from 25 sabotajes not "Playing correctly." Idiot.
that's what im saying, its supposed to be a game of strategy, not a game of who has the fatter wallet

DeletedUser1253

I had a guy coin a lv 3 church, an academy, and lv 20 walls. He then coined 25 other buildings after i hit him with 30 sabotajes. He coined his walls again after each one of my 6 nukes hit him. You have no idea how bad coining is...
There are many ways to counter buyers.

In this particular instance why in gods name didn't you time all the nukes to land at the same second thus eliminating his ability to crown the walls between each nuke. I enjoy fighting players who don't chain their nukes together, they are food.

Also it helps to sabo the village so low that it's nearly impossible to coin. I often sabo a 10k village down to 200 - 300 points if there is a large stack of defense there. That would ensure it would cost him thousands of crowns rather than just a few hundred.

You could also employ the cross-stitch technique on his other villages... the list goes on

DeletedUser1167

In this particular instance why in gods name didn't you time all the nukes to land at the same second thus eliminating his ability to crown the walls between each nuke. I enjoy fighting players who don't chain their nukes together, they are food.

Also it helps to sabo the village so low that it's nearly impossible to coin. I often sabo a 10k village down to 200 - 300 points if there is a large stack of defense there. That would ensure it would cost him thousands of crowns rather than just a few hundred.

You could also employ the cross-stitch technique on his other villages... the list goes on
yeh that works great in a world where your surrounded by 3500 barbs. im in kornborg, barely a month old, and although I am aggressive(rank 60 in the world) it takes days to build a noble, let alone a train of them. I had 3 nobles and 3 offensive nukes of around 2000 troops each. probably 2 weeks to build all that on 600 point barbs. cant afford to build a hall, so no sabotage available, although he bought 3 of them, among other things. I did time the attacks, used fakes, spent my deceivers I had, and I had him on his knees, 14% loyalty, zero walls, zero troops, until he magically rebuilt everything including troops before I could return, which was approximately 2 hours, very difficult to battle against the wallet under those circumstances. I would like to hear more about this cross stich technique you refered to , never heard of that one. im new to this game.

DeletedUser

*Sigh* you too are an idiot. Inorder to knock a village own from 10k to 200, you need 200-300 sabotajes. THat's impossible when you have 75 villages.
You can call me food all you like. I've never lost a village on W9. I'm ranked 6th in Offensive bash with 2.7m. If you think i'm "Food" come to W9 and test your theory.

DeletedUser1253

*Sigh* you too are an idiot. Inorder to knock a village own from 10k to 200, you need 200-300 sabotajes. THat's impossible when you have 75 villages.
You can call me food all you like. I've never lost a village on W9. I'm ranked 6th in Offensive bash with 2.7m. If you think i'm "Food" come to W9 and test your theory.

Yeah.. I'm wayyyyyy bigger than that on 3 worlds, not just one. Currently #1 on US7 with 13 mill bash and 2.4 mill points. I've also been #1 on US4 and US5 for a time before we won those worlds and there is almost no resistance left there. I've kicked 9 people out of the top 10 on Us7. Your stats rate you as a tiny fly to me. If you were not so negative in your response I might share some techniques with you on how to accomplish that when you are at odds. But instead I'll let you continue to whine. You def are food. I'd invite you to one of my worlds but you would get rolled before I could even get to you.

If you cannot figure out how to drop a 10k village when you have 75 villages yourself in a 24-36 hour period then you obviously do not know how to properly apply the 3 spy technique to work around the long timers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1253

yeh that works great in a world where your surrounded by 3500 barbs. im in kornborg, barely a month old, and although I am aggressive(rank 60 in the world) it takes days to build a noble, let alone a train of them. I had 3 nobles and 3 offensive nukes of around 2000 troops each. probably 2 weeks to build all that on 600 point barbs. cant afford to build a hall, so no sabotage available, although he bought 3 of them, among other things. I did time the attacks, used fakes, spent my deceivers I had, and I had him on his knees, 14% loyalty, zero walls, zero troops, until he magically rebuilt everything including troops before I could return, which was approximately 2 hours, very difficult to battle against the wallet under those circumstances. I would like to hear more about this cross stich technique you refered to , never heard of that one. im new to this game.

It sounds like you almost got him though. The barbs help with farming for sure but you can still make this work without high level barbs all over. It will be very hard to use a cross-stitch in such a fresh world. It's very resource intensive as you need a good nuke attached to each noble coming from at least 4 different villages. Since you are in such a new world your best shot is aim for growth. If you cannot take his villages down then you need to keep clearing as many of his villages as possible while growing yourself, even if this means you are eating barbs yourself to keep your village count growing and thus the amount of barracks queues you have. Barb munching is not glorious but to overcome a big spender in such a new world you need sheer numbers so those extra queues from grabbing barbs can make all the difference.

Now if he's rebuilding troops it will cost him about $55 for a full force if he does it right. This cannot be countered as easily except by again, sheer numbers.

So I wish I had more advice for you but since sabo technique won't work on such a new world, you need to do everything you can to gain more villages for more queues for more nukes to completely overpower him.

DeletedUser1260

Ok Gentlemen please stop slamming each other and get back on topic. The topic being should we allow people under attack to rapid rebuild using their wallets. We have gotten lost in different strategies to combat the wallet.

DeletedUser1314

So I saw this thread pop up a little while ago and inno has always got me thinkin: "how do you put a stop to coiners gaining an edge?" I think that's our main concern here, so let's discuss that?

My thoughts are as follows:
coins are an interesting system that allows you to gain an advantage over those who do not pay. For instance, taking advantage of daily deals, buying resource boosts, battle generals, etc. but where do we draw the line? Well buying troops cuts it close for me, but in the hands of an unskilled player, those troops do not scare anyone. buying buildings etc etc. they give the player a growth advantage, but nothing these features do give a player a strategic advantage. You can skill snipe, backtime, and cat them. So let's look at something that would give a player and unfair strategic advantage, rather let's look at 2 items:

Church
Walls

these 3 in particular for a very obvious reason, it gives you a strategic advantage. A non-coiner needs to wait 4 hours for church and 2 days for level 20 wall, a coiner waits about 60 seconds. It takes 0 skill to take a barb, time support behind it (as fastest a noble will travel is 30 minutes to that city) and coin a wall to 20 and church.

So how do we balance the system? We remove the ability for a player to buy ONLY those buildings. the rest is just for convenience, but the others literally impact strategy. If I cleared you out yesterday, every city, and was going to attack, knowing that without a level 20 wall you couldn't stop me and you have a level 20 wall, that impacts strategy. So TW2 community, I say ban with me:

#endcrownsforwallsandchurches2016

DeletedUser

So I saw this thread pop up a little while ago and inno has always got me thinkin: "how do you put a stop to coiners gaining an edge?" I think that's our main concern here, so let's discuss that?

My thoughts are as follows:
coins are an interesting system that allows you to gain an advantage over those who do not pay. For instance, taking advantage of daily deals, buying resource boosts, battle generals, etc. but where do we draw the line? Well buying troops cuts it close for me, but in the hands of an unskilled player, those troops do not scare anyone. buying buildings etc etc. they give the player a growth advantage, but nothing these features do give a player a strategic advantage. You can skill snipe, backtime, and cat them. So let's look at something that would give a player and unfair strategic advantage, rather let's look at 2 items:

Church
Walls

these 3 in particular for a very obvious reason, it gives you a strategic advantage. A non-coiner needs to wait 4 hours for church and 2 days for level 20 wall, a coiner waits about 60 seconds. It takes 0 skill to take a barb, time support behind it (as fastest a noble will travel is 30 minutes to that city) and coin a wall to 20 and church.

So how do we balance the system? We remove the ability for a player to buy ONLY those buildings. the rest is just for convenience, but the others literally impact strategy. If I cleared you out yesterday, every city, and was going to attack, knowing that without a level 20 wall you couldn't stop me and you have a level 20 wall, that impacts strategy. So TW2 community, I say ban with me:

#endcrownsforwallsandchurches2016

Read EN forums, you think it's bad now? Lv 20 walls will take over 8 days to pump out, churches will take 10 hours to make. Wait until then...

DeletedUser1260

Yes and that is why we are talking about whether those 2 should be able to be coined or not coldogg. If people coin them the ones that don't use coins will have a major disadvantage.

DeletedUser1314

This only enforces my points. because the people that coin these buildings DON"T CARE HOW MUCH THEY COST that's the problem. when I whip out my wallet to pop up a church, do I care if it cost me 0.50$, 5.00$ or 50.00$? No, because I now have an advantage over my opponents.

I would suggest a reduction in build times on these buildings + removal of coin. that would amp things up a bit