• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Village claims

DeletedUser

I'd like to see a tab for each tribe that will allow for claiming a village. This way, the entire tribe can see what villages have been claimed, and it will reduce the number of occurrences where players accidentally attack recently nobled barb villages or worse, conquer a village that their tribemate just conquered.

Here's how I envision it:

1. There's a separate tab in the tribe section for individuals to stake a claim on a village, using the current hyperlink system.
2. Once the village is claimed, a special icon will show up on the village, or maybe it's name will show up in a special color to indicate that it is claimed.
3. Tribe leaders/moderators have the ability to revoke a claim in the event of a dispute.
4. Claimed villages are visible to all tribe members, and allies (with permission by the moderator)

Pros:
Tribes will have a more efficient way of claiming villages. Tribe leaders will be able to assign villages for expansion and tribe members will have one place to look for their assignments. Hyperlinks will make it easier for all players (especially mobile) to locate villages.
It will reduce the confusion surrounding making claims.
Cons:
Since leaders/moderators will have revocation powers, there is a potential for conflict. But, that's easily mitigated by a checks and balance system.

DeletedUser1260

Advertisement of our moves is not a popular suggestion in this game. Many people feel that claiming villages in a public forum of any kind is taboo. We don't want our opposition to be aware of our plans and it is sad to say, but some tribes use spies implanted in tribes to help them find out the moves of a certain tribe. That is why tribes use different methods to track claims that they are comfortable maintaining.
It is up to the tribe to decide the method for claiming villages and to police those claims for conflicts.

DeletedUser

Advertisement of our moves is not a popular suggestion in this game. Many people feel that claiming villages in a public forum of any kind is taboo. We don't want our opposition to be aware of our plans and it is sad to say, but some tribes use spies implanted in tribes to help them find out the moves of a certain tribe. That is why tribes use different methods to track claims that they are comfortable maintaining.
It is up to the tribe to decide the method for claiming villages and to police those claims for conflicts.
I legitemately mail the player I plan on hitting a day or so prior. W9 is so boring, I always hope to meet a few stacked villages.

DeletedUser255

Maintaining claims threads is added work I don't wish on any of my tribemates. A Noble Planner is a staple of Tribal Wars warfare and tribal coordination, and there was a tab in the Tribe Window set aside for a Tribal Wars 2 noble planner that disappeared when the Tribe Skin received an upgrade.
Having automatic markers show up for tribemate claims through a noble planner is a very valuable tool for tribal organisation, and seeing noble claims is the least of your worries if you have a spy.

DeletedUser1260

Yes, Yato there was and with the skin it went away. Now you have me wondering what happened to it. You are right in that the way we make claims now is labor intensive, but to mark the map for all to see, is not something I would want other tribes to see. My own sure.

DeletedUser255

I didn't get the impression that this suggestion was for a global Planner

DeletedUser1272

That aside... shouldnt TW2 get a noble claim system for the tribe just like in TW1?

DeletedUser

Never have played TW1 I have not idea what that is, but in my tribe we have a thread in our forum that lets other players know which village they are planning to noble. Everyone checks that thread before they send their first wave. If the village is not taken, then the new player puts the village he plans to noble in the thread and proceeds to take said village.

DeletedUser1260

Been thinking hard on this and a Noble planner is really needed and the original maker of this thread was right. I forgot that there was a tab for it in the original design, but like Yato said it disappeared. The threads lose things so easy. And it makes the tribe forum messy no matter how you ask people to erase the claim, people forget.

DeletedUser

Sooooo. You are going to try and locate this nobling thingy and see about putting it back in?

DeletedUser1260

Well we had a tab where it was supposed to go, then it vanished with the new skin. It was a feature that had not gone online.

DeletedUser1260

Well to forward the idea to the Devs and try to get it back and functioning :D

DeletedUser255

There was also a "Wars Tab". Since both are important functions to the game, it is more likely that with the new skin the tabs were either deactivated or delayed until the features are complete and ready to be reintroduced. It would be nice for some reassurance though.

DeletedUser

Anything that makes the game easier, but not overpowering is always helpful. Thank you Jaded for doing this.

DeletedUser1260

Right now I have suggested it to the community manager, he then looks at it and decides whether it gets passed on. That is the process I have to follow so all know and are aware.