• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

What is harassment/mass mailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2702

You guys hypothetically crack me up. :D

Hopefully I don't miss any, but serious answers for the serious questions:

Re-read the process I posted elsewhere. We first look at the facts, at the evidence presented. Just because someone has cried wolf in the past, doesn't mean they aren't right this time. We always look to the evidence first, and we can almost always make a judgment based on that. We only look at the accuser's past history in those awkward, maybe yes/maybe no situations. Credible accusers may get the benefit of the doubt. Non-credible accusers, not so much.

This is not one-sided. Note that we also only look at the facts, before considering the accused's past history. Just because someone was a bad boy once in the past, that doesn't mean we automatically brand them as the villain in any future accusations. The accused's history generally comes into play only during sanctioning. We confirm the offense, and then see if it is a repeat offense. If so, sanctions get more severe.

We generally do not simply take a player's word for it. We greatly prefer more credible evidence, such as screenshots of message headers, the contents of the messages, etc. "Someone called me a mean name" is not very convincing. "Look at these 27 screenshots of chats filled with insulting language" is very convincing.

As to false claims: Again, note that support will investigate every claim. But if we determine that no offense occurred, we do nothing. The accused does not know that there has even been an accusation, so no harm there. The accuser's accusation is kept strictly confidential, so no harm there, either.

Only if we are getting bombarded with obviously spurious claims would we consider punishment for the accuser. But that is not even a harassment thing... that is just someone misusing the support system.

DeletedUser2549

You guys hypothetically crack me up. :D

Hopefully I don't miss any, but serious answers for the serious questions:

Re-read the process I posted elsewhere. We first look at the facts, at the evidence presented. Just because someone has cried wolf in the past, doesn't mean they aren't right this time. We always look to the evidence first, and we can almost always make a judgment based on that. We only look at the accuser's past history in those awkward, maybe yes/maybe no situations. Credible accusers may get the benefit of the doubt. Non-credible accusers, not so much.

This is not one-sided. Note that we also only look at the facts, before considering the accused's past history. Just because someone was a bad boy once in the past, that doesn't mean we automatically brand them as the villain in any future accusations. The accused's history generally comes into play only during sanctioning. We confirm the offense, and then see if it is a repeat offense. If so, sanctions get more severe.

We generally do not simply take a player's word for it. We greatly prefer more credible evidence, such as screenshots of message headers, the contents of the messages, etc. "Someone called me a mean name" is not very convincing. "Look at these 27 screenshots of chats filled with insulting language" is very convincing.

As to false claims: Again, note that support will investigate every claim. But if we determine that no offense occurred, we do nothing. The accused does not know that there has even been an accusation, so no harm there. The accuser's accusation is kept strictly confidential, so no harm there, either.

Only if we are getting bombarded with obviously spurious claims would we consider punishment for the accuser. But that is not even a harassment thing... that is just someone misusing the support system.
You ingore what was ask..

DeletedUser2702

Enlighten me as to which question I missed, please. It is late and well past my bedtime.

DeletedUser2549

I think we need more threads on the forum to discuss what Mass Mailing is. Maybe if Pant start 5-6 more we can get to the bottom of this mystery..
got to keep forums on topic. also first request i ask was over look so i opening up a new thread just for that topic. since only one was answer. Figure I’ll make it easier for topics. Also figure I’ll make it easier for player to local each one.

DeletedUser2677

Hmm college boy deleted my post. Must have been because it shows a person clearly harassing others. And this person is running around tryna get people in trouble for harrassment. Good to see the fuzz tryna keep a firm grip on their butter as usual. The illusion of control is just as good.

DeletedUser2702

Your post was hidden because it stopped being "hypothetical". Similar posts will also be removed, as clearly stated in several places during this discussion.

Insulting posts will also be removed.

BTW, I am quite proud to be a "college boy", and take that as a compliment. I was the first person in my family to win a scholarship and get a full degree. If you keep calling me nice things, we will be bosom buddies before you know it!

DeletedUser2685

Capt, how did you “win” a scholarship? Did you have to buy a raffle ticket or something? Just curious.

DeletedUser2702

Capt, how did you “win” a scholarship? Did you have to buy a raffle ticket or something? Just curious.

Pardon my poor selection of words. I should have said *earned*. (My English teachers would be appalled.)

My family was going to have a hard time affording a college education for me. And look at my picture... does that look like a college athlete to you? (LOL, not.) Plus no celebrity fake credentials for me. I had to go the scholastic route, and fortunately did well enough in high school to qualify for some merit-based scholarships. Not a full ride by any means, but enough that my family could afford to get me there.

DeletedUser2549

inst this were the mods would say stay on topic? besides beezkneez we all enjoy her around. but cap. you deleted what sales wrote, but you can still respond to a question that is "hypothetical" being ask. all he did was give an example. but guess "hypothetical he had reports into support. how are we ever suppose to know. still very interesting though in the answer to salesman. I screen shot it, you know "clear evidence" since those can't be fake in any way. year 2019

DeletedUser2702

Sure, let's get back on track. But I am afraid the track has reached the end of the line.

Support has described it's position, policy and procedures clearly and exhaustively. This discussion started out with actual information being exchanged. But now the discussion has petered out to a series of insults and thinly veiled 'hypotheticals' involving cases that have been decided and closed.

I see no reason for this topic to remain open. Neither insults nor details of actual cases belong in the forums, whether or not someone appends the word 'hypothetical' to the front of their post. The rules and policies have been described. The cases are over, appealed and adjudicated, and they aren't going to change.

Long past time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.