• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Why does TW2 continue to let people Coin like this?

Solitude empire

Swordsman
I’m in the new realm and the amount of money being dropped by the enemy is insane! I nobled a weak village from my buddy in another tribe. His secondary village has 5k defensive provisions in 3 days!!! Level 15 barracks and spamming legendary troop role 3 times in one day! Plus coining the time for recruitment. I thought it was support from the tribe. But they said it was all him! I’m still rebuilding my offensive army! We sent 25k defensive troops to another tribe member and it got nuked by 3 enemy members. We spied the attackers and they didn’t have much defensive troops and their wall was level 10 and under. Couple of my tribes mate sent Mounted Archers to kill their nukes returning. They all died! We spied it and their wall was level 20 for all three of them! And they had their own defensive troops coined! It gets to a point where we play as vets, strategies a counter, and it gets blown up in our face because their wallets are fat. Why does this amazing game, continue to allow this. And the moderators will say we are working on it, but it’s been years! People in the forums are die hard fans. I don’t notice new people playing at all. It’s the same players everytime! Your fan base will never grow like this. Please, don’t say we are working on it, work on it. This has got to stop. This is my last server I’m playing on.

Elements

Nobleman
I think that Inno should ban the use of crowns, we get maybe 200 to start with and we get no more after that. Coiners rule this game. I have never seen a tribe win a world that has no coiners in it. Honestly, I play this game for fun, but it is no fun when you can influence it by buying endless amounts of crowns. You look at me, a non coiner. I have been beaten down by all the major coiners due to my status as a leader. All the winning tribe leaders are coiners themselves. I believe I may be the only one who is not.

stereotyyp

Spearman
Coining is good and keeps lights on for this game. But it is bit too cheap - coining full nuke should take much more crown. At the moment it gives huge advantage to coiners -.-

Elements

Nobleman
I never said ban crowns, just make them more expensive to tank pocketbooks and discourage major coining.

stereotyyp

Spearman
I am small scale crown user, if you like the game you play then also pay little bit to support it. It is like visiting cinema or any other entertainment - free meals do not exist.
I agree that fast building troops (and unit deals) should be at least 2x more expensive that it is today.

DuoMaxwell

Spearman
maybe they should get rid of how coins work? I mean in TW1 for example you can build buildings instantly an even buy resources.... but troops recruitment cant be incrasesd with prmium points. thus it would still takes days/weeks to build a full nuke or defensive village no matter how much money you have. Id be ok with that

Tokano

Not a Mod
I think that Inno should ban the use of crowns,
I never said ban crowns,
Yes you did.

More to the point though, I agree with the general sentiment about how overpowered someone with deep pockets can be in this game.
However, I think it's necessary to look it at from Inno's perspective. They have bills to pay, employees to take care of, shareholders and a parent company they need to make happy.
So I think what Inno needs to do is find a way to monetize the game that doesn't hurt the overall experience, which is much easier said than done in a game like this. It's not like Fortnite where they can just sell different skins and make billions -- they need to sell advantages and they need to make the advantages compelling enough that people will not only offset the cost of operating the game, but the cost of developing the game, the cost of the servers, the cost of the licenses of the software they use to make the game, the cost of the employees that work for them directly and the ones that they need to contract, the cost of a ton of other expenses that we don't have to even consider but they do and THEN it needs to make a profit on top of that. I don't know what the ROI time is on a game like this (I imagine it's a long time) but in three years we're coming up on a decade.

//Insert obligatory "Skill beats Crowns" argument here to please the overlords.

Dreakinn

Swordsman
we’re really not saying to remove crown in general it’s more like remove some crown option to remove a game advantage where it will lean to people with deeper pockets. Get rid of Gwen nobles, and instant unit recruit. This way if you out smart someone units and they lose it, doesn’t mean they can just insta coin it back while the other aggressor has to wait for queue time.

people here thinking “yeah but you can’t buy resource” as much as you are correct it doesn’t matter. If both side lost their DT stack & OT Nuke, with equal value then they both need to farm up resources to rebuild... but let say they equally farm at the same rate but who do you think will win? The person who can just insta recruit troops or the person who has to wait 3-5day for his DT to come back?