• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Worldly Interactions

Would the possibility of more worldly interactions make the game more interesting?

• Yes, But only a little bit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it would become to complicated.

• Are you kidding the game is perfect as it is.

• Total voters

DeletedUser

From what I can tell the most interaction a player might have with anything other than a village is the resource depot. Which I experienced in one of the U.K. worlds but have not seen in the U.S. worlds, though I have heard others talking about it.

There are tiles with trees, and stones, all over the place that seem to be little more than decoration and (depending on your game settings) just bog down the speed looking around the map.

Why not make these tiles more interactive.... Places for armies to hide. Use these tiles to dodge attacks as opposed to being required to send them to a village. The types of land would make battles more dynamic and challenging if a lesser force were able to repulse an attacker of superior numbers based solely on the terrain he was defending. This would also add an interesting element to attacking villages.

I understand this sounds a lot like Evony to those who are familiar to the game, however it definitely added an interesting element to the game.

It would also be interesting to be able to attack and find special missions in the world that reward you with resources or troops or other gifts.

Or what about geographical barriers. Say the rivers that already run all over the world have areas that are wider than normal and require "going around" making the attack trip longer. Mountain ranges that slow attacks as much as 75% per tile and act as deterrents to others attacking. Such things would cause/create natural borders in the game that might require a tribe, or a player to rethink/change their approach to eliminating a player/enemy.

Suggested terrain;
A. Plains/fields where travel speed is 100%
B. Forrest that reduce travel speed by 25%
C. Lakes/rivers that reduce travel by 100% and require detours.
D. Mountains that reduce travel by 75 - 95%
E. Marshes/wetlands reduce travel by 50%
F. Hills reduce travel by 35%
G. Tundra/Desserts require carrying resources for the trip and reduces travel time.... of course food isn't a resource in this game so that would be an even more extensive overhaul.

And/or.... as I have noticed. Some provinces have more rocks than others, while others have more trees. have these noticeable differences impact resource production.
A. If you have more Rocks/Mountains you produce more iron.
B. If you have more Forests you produce more wood.
C. If you are lacking in both of these you produce more Clay.

DeletedUser406

It sounds cool, but even if it was one of the greatest ideas ever it wouldn't happen for awhile since the DEVs are still working out so many bugs and adding that would make things even worse

DeletedUser465

This would be a heavy coding job, whith bugs to follow i'm sure. It's an idea for down the road however :) Thank you.