I think you should have the ability to abandon a city you own, allowing it to instantly become a barbarian city. It should have a cap of 1 per day and/or 3 per week.
DericDraco;n3874 said:I doubt this would happen as people could abuse morale buy ditching one of their villages. And say their village is already close to other barbs in their province most might not catch on. Then once the threat is over they could just noble their own village. That is one way they could abuse this.
Another would be noble those 51pt villages, build up the resources and warehouse then abandon it for a better farm than the barbs in the province. This will also increase the barb growth and give you a better farm than an afk 51pt. Those are just two ways to abuse this off the top of my head. I'm sure others could think of more ways.
hoeard you ate hoe many inactive villsges lately cause the mods out stupid? you tolf me you wanted s fight? so take it as it is or give thc a week to get there shit together and have a fight. not there fault the mods are stupidthe way you make this work is by adding another feature like settling a village. When you noble a village why do you automatically gain the population from use by buildings? I know it would be hard to implement here is a way this could work. ill list everything so its just easier to read.
1. villages are capped by 1 noble every time (no dumb unrealistic noble trains anymore)
2. population in buildings are killed not transferred to new owner when a village is hit by a noble.
3. when hitting a village with a noble you must have an escort large enough to fill the vacant building pop required to run the village. if you do not your noble will instead do nothing and temporarily kill the pop in buildings for current owner. the pop transferred from your army into buildings is evenly distributed similar to battle losses.
4. the farm now has a new function of pop recovery over time based on level when there is a surplus and the opposite when there is a shortage. if you are hit with a noble that does not have an escort large enough to "settle" the village, the building pop is killed/temporarily unavailable until the farm recovers the population. buildings act at the level of pop available evenly distributed among the buildings.
5. when a current farm building supports less than the level of the current population in buildings or pop the rest of the village population will die slowly similar to how it is replenished when the farm has surplus.
6. the way you can "abandon villages" is by catting the farms in your villages. once the local population has all died (takes 7 days no matter how high it starts) then the village will turn barbarian and random buildings will be damaged at random to avoid too much passing of villages. you can use the same mechanic used for sabotage. the logic is the barbarians and anarchy have damaged buildings when it was lost.
i think this will drastically change gameplay for the better in a lot of ways. it will also add more strategy that isnt too overly complicated. i think the nobling system now and the over dependence on timing down to the second is what turns most players away after a while. i think the game needs to turn more towards strategy and making trades(attacks) with other players.
i also honestly think farming is a huge player base killer as well. i think it should still be around but implement it where barbarian villages build troops over time or something. that way its an investment to farm. its seems dumb and unlrealistic to be sending (50) 20 man farming raids to "barbarian" villages that just let troops walk in thousands of times a day to steal their stuff. they are barbarians, they should be able to defend themselves at least somewhat. maybe have them use militia based on farm lvl or something.
Have you by chance gone over some of the older ideas and suggestions? We feel that the development team has abandoned this game due to the lack of actual updates, and by their constant refusal of our ideas.I give a weekly report on fridays, and can use part of that to advance suggestions noted in the forums. I will definitely forward this suggestion.
What happens from there is not really up to me, it is the business people and the development team. Positive responses to an idea within the forums will help the idea gain attention, though... so if players like this idea, they should use "likes" and positive replies to register their approval.