• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Ability to Schedule Attacks

DeletedUser449

I think this would be a really nice ability to have. It would make it easier for tribes to coordinate attacks.

DeletedUser385

Doing that would ruin the game aspects. That would make it where you do not have to be active to play. Hence why the game does not allow scripts to be used.

DeletedUser465

It's a fun idea, but yes that promotes being active while away, such as bot type programs to farm etc. These types of things are not allowed :(

DeletedUser583

I had an IRL friend make an auto clicker for this, I called him a %$#@* so he quit!

DeletedUser

Wouldn't be too farfetched as a Tribe Feature. Setting up a War you could "commit" troops to the war effort and then the Tribe's Leader or General or whoever could set attacks to be sent. Would give a very interesting spin on the game and would still combat inactive active play such as bots and scripts.

Thinking further, as an additional safety feature, the committed troops contributor would have to "check in" within a certain time after the target was set for their troops.

DeletedUser465

That's an interesting idea as well, however you would have to look at how that change itself would impact the game. That would negate the morale debuff from a larger player commiting troops against a smaller player that the general or whoever launches from who does not suffer the penalty. That alone would be a major concern. Also I can see this type of change promoting only a few tribes as small tribes would be crushed by this whereas smaller tribes still put up a fight the way things are currently.

DeletedUser

It really wouldnt be hard to code in the contributors stats whilst sending the attacks. It could be set up as basically a relay system. TW2 is already set up for larger tribes to prosper. 200 member max. Also wouldnt be hard to alter the code to include village size attributing a % as well as the tribe size contributing a % to the overall morale buff/debuff. It would take some brain power for sure, however like previously mention, would be an interesting spin on the game.

DeletedUser

you could organize it just for 30 hours and once a week , or month

DeletedUser

I think this would be a really nice ability to have. It would make it easier for tribes to coordinate attacks.

This would be nice to have... while I know this is a game, the reality of any battle/war is coordinating your troops and attacks. The more flexibility and control you have to manage this only makes the game more interesting in my mind.

That said I and a couple of others in my tribe on U.S.A. D-world have been working on an excel document that allows you to input the target coords. and get back
A. The distance to the target
B. The time to travel that distance
C. The ETA to reach the target
D. You can input a desired time to coordinate attacks and it will spit out the time you need to launch your army from each village.

We just started using this four days ago. Thus far we have seen that there are some time anomalies so that when we send the attack the server gives one time to reach the target, but logging off and logging back on; the time on the bug showing the your army does not change at a predictable rate. This has given us an accuracy of + or - about 45 seconds over the course of a 12 hour attack.

We know that the generated times are accurate because the times it spits out are with-in 1 second of the server generated times when planning up to a 12 hour attack.

Frankly I am not going to share this document because it could negate the tactical edge that our tribe will now posses in this world.

All I am saying is; it can be done.