• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Battle Defense

DeletedUser

I was attacked by 1100 troops with a 98% modifier, while I had 800 troops with a 170% modifier and I lost all of my troops! That is total BS! For the time it takes to raise and upgrade defenses, not to mention the time recruit units, this game is not worth the past week of my life. That is just ridiculous! I'm done.

DeletedUser

What were the troop types? 1100 axes vs 800 spearmen will have a very different result from 1100 axes vs 800 swordsmen.

DeletedUser191

I'm new to Tribal Wars and had a similar experience: 2200 attacking troops (good mix of types) at 53% wiped out 1700 defending troops (also a good mix of types) at 140% while taking less than 1500 losses themselves. I'm not prepared to call this BS, but I do need to understand it better.

I am very disappointed in the battle report. It didn't have any detail about rounds of combat, what killed what when, or essentially anything that would let me learn from the experience. I'm new to Tribal Wars, but I've played some other games that had excellent battle reports - the kind that would let you (after enough battles) start to infer the actual algorithms, which is what I like. The wiki doesn't seem to cover combat in any meaningful detail either.

Am I missing something, or is a battle report where the "details" are nothing more than a summary of how many units were lost and revived all I have to look forward to in this game?

DeletedUser

Each type of defensive troop is strong against one type of attacker, does average against another type, and is weak against the last time of attacker. For example, if you have 5000 swords with a lv20 wall, you only need about 500 lc in order to defeat them. It's important to understand what units are strong vs other units.

Offensive units are bad at defending against any type of unit.