• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Drop down Village list suggestion

DeletedUser1260

The drop down village list is a good add to the maneuvering from one village to another, I would just like to see a way we can group villages by provinces. In the tribe forum we can administrate the tabs by moving them into a certain order. I would like to move villages up and down the list to group all the villages in a province into a group. This will allow me to just go in order of the villages, rather than hunting up the villages in the list.
Thoughts anyone?

DeletedUser

The drop down village list is a good add to the maneuvering from one village to another, I would just like to see a way we can group villages by provinces. In the tribe forum we can administrate the tabs by moving them into a certain order. I would like to move villages up and down the list to group all the villages in a province into a group. This will allow me to just go in order of the villages, rather than hunting up the villages in the list.
Thoughts anyone?
Yea.... number ur cities by province XD

DeletedUser1260

I would rather not number them, inadvertily I could number them in a manner to give away information about said village. I know I look at numbers as targets starting with the number 1 village.
I don't know your cycle but I always start at my main province and cycle my way out. If I were to number my provinces (putting a number after each name) I could give clues to the main province to the enemy, not the best strategy to keep them out of the loop on information.

So, a way for us to order our villages in game would help us do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As a workaround, start each village with a letter followed by a space or a character, then whatever village name you want.
Province 1: A...Village1; A...Village2; A..Village3
Province 2: B.. Village4; B..Village5; B..Village6

Then in the filter box you just type 'A..' to get that whole province.

DeletedUser1260

That still will mark my Main province and make it stand out. I am thinking around it though. :D

DeletedUser238

the idea behind this is you shouldn't have to use a work around to make a feature work the way it should have been in the first place...

DeletedUser255

I just name all of my villages the same for a single province. For instance, I named all the villages in a Province Crow, so I could change the province name to Murder.

DeletedUser

the idea behind this is you shouldn't have to use a work around to make a feature work the way it should have been in the first place...
I basically agree with you. However, there are lots and lots of things I would prefer the devs work on that would make the game more playable. In this case, I feel there are workarounds that aren't terribly hard to implement using naming and the text filter feature that is already build in.

I know some of the devs play (or have played). I'd like to know if any of them have managed over 100-200 villages. Things get very tedious when you have a large empire.

DeletedUser1260

I attempted the Alphabet and it still did not group them :D I found another way that gets me what I want using the filters, but this won't even work when I have 100 plus villages. So at that time I will have to figure out another way to group them, so they line up in the Drop-down list.