• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

In-Game Patch Notes

DeletedUser984

Hopefully easy enough to implement, but I'd love to have a list of "patch notes" every time the game changes. A notification would pop up in-game saying that it's been updated with a link available for a detailed list of things that were changed. I think this would be nice to avoid missing cool new features and will update players for major game changes even if they miss a post on the forums here.

DeletedUser1260

And I believe that you know when updates happen ;) We need you to come to the Game forum for something

DeletedUser1260

Well that is where we educate our tribes. I like seeing all you guys. Keeps me busy, or you can link the updates to your tribal forums :)

DeletedUser984

How about a notification of update (I usually forget dates and just assume update when someone mentions a change xD) and direct link to forum post for complete list of updates. Added benefit of bringing more people to forum ;)

DeletedUser1260

Well again you can help your tribe with that by encouraging them to come to the Game forum and put the link where they can see it :)

DeletedUser984

So it looks like there are still some updates that don't make it to the forums. Just noticed the new method for displaying unit travel times for 3 different types of commands. Would be really nice if nothing else to send a report to everyone's report inbox that says "NEW GAME UPDATES!" and at least links to forum or something if updates can't be listed there.

DeletedUser

So it looks like there are still some updates that don't make it to the forums. Just noticed the new method for displaying unit travel times for 3 different types of commands. Would be really nice if nothing else to send a report to everyone's report inbox that says "NEW GAME UPDATES!" and at least links to forum or something if updates can't be listed there.

Honestly, I don't see why they can't do this either? Not like they don't already do the EXACT same thing when they want to promote a contest or some other minutia, but when it comes to critical game functions and information, nothing...

DeletedUser465

A simple message would be nice, as stated above, how contests are promoted every time you open the game, updates, you find out sometime after, or when you notice it because something changed, or you happen to notice when you load in and it says 1.42 instead of 1.41.

DeletedUser

So instead of doing this, which has gotten a lot of positive feedback, the mods just stash the thread in archived? Real pro-style there guys and gals...

Tokano

Not a Mod
So instead of doing this, which has gotten a lot of positive feedback, the mods just stash the thread in archived? Real pro-style there guys and gals...
I'm sure the team took note of the feedback, Nexus. Just because it got archived doesn't mean they dismissed the thread and its contents; they probably moved it here because there was nothing more to be said about it.

DeletedUser61

The reason this was rejected was because you are able to view the difference in updates here:

GAME UPDATES

If anytime you have a question you can contact a moderator regarding game updates via support or forum. If you wish to contact a moderator via forum you can view PM all moderators listed HERE for information.

DeletedUser

The reason this was rejected was because you are able to view the difference in updates here:

GAME UPDATES

If anytime you have a question you can contact a moderator regarding game updates via support or forum. If you wish to contact a moderator via forum you can view PM all moderators listed HERE for information.

Coolnite, the suggestion wasn't for the actual patch notes that you linked to be found in the game itself, but when a new update/patch notes was released to have a little window pop up in-game linking to the forum thread, like you did with the Christmas Contest. A little pop-up in the bottom right hand corner when the person first loads in after a new update saying "New Update version XX.XX, Click here to read patch notes", and it will open the forum in a new tab. This way you are bringing more awareness to the game changes and the forum itself to players from inside the game. Very often there are updates in game and people are unaware of the changes as they don't know about the forum, or where to find the patch notes.

DeletedUser61

I rather like this idea and will forward this. Till then maybe I'll have my Co CM implement till we have something more permanent. Thank you for the great suggestion.

DeletedUser

Glad we could get the misunderstanding squared away and hopefully we will see this get implemented in the future! :)