• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Morale Change That Would Still Protect Lower Point Players

Is this a good Idea?

• Yes

• No

• Morale is good as is

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser

So, once of the most frustrating things on this game to me is the morale penalty. I have a love/hate relationship with the church and how that works and I get that. But sometimes the church is not enough to help take down players that once had numerous villages but are now down to a handful. Most of the time it can be tough to finish a player off once most of his villages have been taken over. Even with a church in the prov, the morale penalty still goes into effect even though that player is not new, or just a lower point person. I get that morale exists to stop people from bullying people, but what about in this case?

My idea was that instead of morale being calculated from current points, what if it was calculated from each players highest points achieved? This would still protect lower point people, but would allow people to fight it out and really be able to finish people off without losing a ton of troops just to get the last few villages taken.

DeletedUser255

Morale is intended to give players a fighting chance. Period.
Strategically speaking, you could annihilate a player's troops before morale comes into affect. This IS a strategy game.
I guess I've been lucky in tribe mates, who have never complained about the game mechanics working against them, but have simply adopted and adapted new strategies.

You certainly wouldn't complain if you were on the receiving end of a pummeling and morale was giving you a fighting chance at holding on.

DeletedUser

Morale is a beat*h but it adds to the game, I think it should stay simply to make me thing more carefully

DeletedUser1260

I have to agree, it makes us think out of the "Bigger is better" box most games put us in.

DeletedUser238

morale should be a time based thing. if you have been on this world just as long as player A who has 100 villages and you as player B only has 25 then player A shouldn't be penalized for it. he/she put more time/ effort that you just couldn't compete with.

DeletedUser1260

Now Smurks you know that not all of us live on the Game ;) Plus those 25 village players in tribes come in handy for clearing for the bigger players because of that penalty. If they clear them and keep them cleared for the nobles of the bigger players there would be less of them on the board :D

DeletedUser238

i know, juts a pain when i noble them down to a few villages and they scurry across the map to rebuild because the morale took effect