• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Paladin Improvements

DeletedUser897

I think maybe it would be a good Idea to allow a player to have more than 1 pally but keep it at you know still a hard to get unit. Maybe 1 Paladin per 5,7,or 10 villages. In order to keep a player from stacking the hell out of a village with weapons make it to where only one wep per player may be active per village. This would be a great you know extra thing and open up a lot more strategies in war I feel like. This is just a thought maybe some other players have ideas on building on this and maybe the developers can actually make this happen with the upcoming balancing update.

Because lets be honest late game 1 paladin is not the most useful and sometimes its hard to get him where you need him.

DeletedUser238

yeah, once you get so many villages your paladin becomes useless. I concur with with raith's suggestion but keeping it at a solid 20-30 villages per new paladin.

a new paladin per 5-or 10 would just be to many paladins running around. by end game you will have an army of paladins which would be ludicrous. 20-30 would be a nice amount per paladin.

DeletedUser897

Yea I mean My numbers where just something I came up off the top of my head I kinda think a good middle ground of 15 wouldn't be to terrible.

DeletedUser238

yeah i assumed so, and I've pondered this very idea a few times.15 is still a bit low. thats around 6 paladins per 100 villages... i just find that number to be too many personally. tis a great idea though.

DeletedUser897

Thanks hopefully people will pay attention to it and maybe we can get some sort of change. Use outa pallys late game:)

DeletedUser238

and you think giving someone the ability to attack out of province with no penalty isn't? when fortress's roll around and people start getting that ability it'll be a mess as well.

a paladins ability only occurs when you have a level 5 statue and a paladin cannot be mass produced. it can only be produced once per certain number of villages.

a person with 100 village could produce 4 paladins if the paladin/ village limit was 30. 1 paladin for your first village and then 3 for the following 90 villages taken. that would be 4 nukes that can attack out of province without a penalty to faith. by the time you have 100 villages you should have more then 4 nukes... the nukes with paladins(if you so choose to use them that way) would only pave the way, they won't be any big threat. The number should be once per 70 villages owned if the long game is considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser255

I can think of several different ways I could pester you with multiple Paladins until you quit out of sheer frustration.
The ability to attack at full strength, with a minimum loyalty strike of 40 so 3 Paladin nobles to take a village, and then drop in a run of Heavy cavalry quickly followed up by a Treb village to secure the province invasion. This is just one of the more straight forward ways I can already imagine implementing a feature allowing multiple Paladins. The others, far more frustrating.

DeletedUser238

I can think of several different ways I could pester you with multiple Paladins until you quit out of sheer frustration.
The ability to attack at full strength, with a minimum loyalty strike of 40 so 3 Paladin nobles to take a village, and then drop in a run of Heavy cavalry quickly followed up by a Treb village to secure the province invasion. This is just one of the more straight forward ways I can already imagine implementing a feature allowing multiple Paladins. The others, far more frustrating.

thats if you have multiple pali's and those single attacks will be at full strength, the rest won't be. there is a logical way to implement this, and that is for the devs to decide. what you were saying is 4 paladins which would require 100+ villages.

DeletedUser897

[2:54:08 PM] Gayfish: true but
[2:54:18 PM] Gayfish: if u have 3 pallys with staff for hc spear and something else
[2:54:24 PM] Gayfish: ur def is like unkillable
[2:54:44 PM] Travis: later game tho
[2:54:49 PM] Travis: you don't just go for 1 village
[2:54:55 PM] Travis: you go for 3 or 4 in an op
[2:54:59 PM] Gayfish: i just hate that the pally is the only way to get 100% bonus
[2:55:11 PM] Travis: yea
[2:55:23 PM] Travis: put in a pope
[2:55:31 PM] Gayfish: or maybe invasion coins u build up over time? idk ;p
[2:55:35 PM] Travis: like a noble but gives church bonus to troops
[2:55:43 PM] Gayfish: ye something like that is better
[2:56:06 PM] Gayfish: a moving church that cost alot provisions
[2:57:21 PM] Travis: that would ruin the nukes strength
[2:57:48 PM] Travis: how about just put a pope that cost 100 provisions but like 250k worth of resources or so
[2:58:29 PM] Gayfish: i really like something like that ye

Another Idea we came up with chitchatting that would probably work better than the pally one

DeletedUser534

250k is worthless late game and would be extremely easy to abuse. :/

DeletedUser

How about a city similiar to coins, but the cost are much higher, and u need 50 faith coins to geta new pally?

DeletedUser534

really the pally every 50 villa idea was feasible, but giving players an unlimited source of pallys (or popes as stated above) is not a great idea and over confusing the game would not be great either. Besides, I like the idea of prepping for an invasion and the challenges of having to break into a solid province. It helps encourage teamwork with your tribes mates. Alone you would struggle to break a locked down province, but with 4-6 players helping you it's not that hard. Also, as the servers have shown, lone wolfs don't do well if attacked by multiple players, but if you give multiple players easy invasions I feel it would ruin the challenge of the game somewhat as a large player could easily steamroll a tribe on his/her own if they have the coins and skill to do so, but that's a personal opinion. I just really like how invasions work and how it encourages teamwork as said above.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser897

Well it was just another some what idea to throw out their to get the developers thinking.

DeletedUser255

It is unlikely to be picked up as it would undermine the plan for end game Kingdoms > Officers, that is just my opinion though

DeletedUser238

It is unlikely to be picked up as it would undermine the plan for end game Kingdoms > Officers, that is just my opinion though

the old TW1 church system could be just as easily picked up... so long as a village has faith it can attack outside of its area of influence..

DeletedUser

I do feel "We have an idea with this for endgame" is a poor reason not to have something similiar BEFORE endgame... XD

DeletedUser255

I do feel "We have an idea with this for endgame" is a poor reason not to have something similiar BEFORE endgame... XD
Not so much, to create this would require resources be diverted for programming, balancing, testing etc. Everyone complains that stuff takes so long to come out, but then demands that more delays be created for temporary solutions to the features they are so impatient to see released.

DeletedUser238

These aren't demands. They are suggestions. Take them with a grain of salt Yato.