• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Shared Troop Provisions

DeletedUser920

When we send troops to a tribe mates village to support/protect them or to one of our own, the hosting village should take up some of the burden for the troops provisions expenses. This could be a percentage for each head or a flat cost, or the longer the troops stay at a village the larger the percentage gets. I think it would bring to play another level of management the players need to take into account. As it stands right now I can camp 1000 spears at one of my weaker villages and forget about them no fuss at all. In the days of old when troops were sent to support the crown, the crown picked up the tab, or the troops would loose heart/moral and leave.

DeletedUser897

I mean it's an idea but it would make things ridiculous because what would happen to the troops when you pulled them back if the other village took up the provisions of them that would open provisions allowing you to recruit new troops... therefore when you pulled them back you could be over your cap. That would ruin nukes if they had to use their provision slots for defensive troops that they would be forced to pick up by this idea. All in all the concept wouldn't work.

DeletedUser1260

This idea will put a burden on both sides that will cause mass confusion. I agree that we should get credit in bash for the troops we send to others but to take up their farmspaces in an Offensive village for our own troops would diminish the effect the offensive village will have to targets because they won't have the farmspaces to create enough numbers to have a full Nuke.
The concept would cut the strength of the tribe itself in Offensive, unless you a turtle tribe.

DeletedUser920

It was a thought. The big players camp 3k troops to protect the littler villages with out consequences.

DeletedUser1260

That is where the changes should be is the dynamics of the tribe for this concept. How long do we keep smaller tribe members as a sink hole of defense? Now they do come in handy when the attack penalty comes into affect on bigger members, maybe encourage these members to be more active for that reason. Tell them they important because they have to start clearing for the bigger members to lose less troops because of this penalty. It is in the strategy and the leadership that determine how it should be played.

DeletedUser

Your thinking of an after training upkeep system, troops have to actively be fed. Instead tw2 uses a max army method, u can only have 24K provisions of troops and building, as such the burden of these troops cannot be transferred :/