• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

troops and weapons

DeletedUser1167

suggestions that would make the game more fair and not so easy for the larger bullies to run roughshod over provinces. I have built up 6 villages and acheived a world rank of 490 only to watch a large tribe of bullies systematically take me out. I don't mind be taken in a fair manner but the way troops and weapons are used handled by the game is ridicules and unrealistic. as i was being attacked i decided to send 3 attacks so i could move closer to my tribe. unfortunately it was a 6 and half day march. needless to say they didn't make it. please consider the following suggestions.

1. I used my 4 smaller defensive villages to bolster the troops and weapons at my 2 offensive villages in order to defend against the 60+ attacks from 10 different players in a large tribe. unfortunately I didn't realize that when the defensive village falls the support troops and weapons that are stationed at the offensive village disappear. why should they disappear? they were not attacked. when support troops are sent to another village they should be assimilated by that village if the home village falls.
2. as my defences in my offensive village disappeared that made the offensive village a sitting duck. this makes it too easy for large tribes to bully their way through provinces. as my offensive villages fell my 3 attacks that were sent 5 days ago and are many miles away from the home attacks also disappeared. why? those troops should not be affected by an attack so many miles away. my plans to move near my tribe are now gone and I have nothing left of 3 months work. troops and weapons and attacks should be assimilated by surviving villages. they should not disappear until the last village has fallen.
3. rally point should allow troops and weapons from different villages that you own to be combined in an attack. also troops and weapons that have been sent as support are currently useless to the village they are stationed at and cannot be used for anything. they should be useable by the village where they are stationed. but only from villages that you own, not different villages from different players regardless of tribe. this would counter someone from putting 30000 troops in a village and never being taken over. this would make taking over a new province more fair to the defending player as well. if someone wants to move into and take over your province it should cost them .

I really like this game and would love to keep at it , unfortunately the way its set up is unfair to anyone starting out and a waste of time because as soon as you build up to 5 or 6 villages the bullies come and take you out. I played some good strategy but useless in the end because of the unfairness of it. makes me want to go play something else. please look at my suggestions , they would make the game more fair for everyone .
ty for your time
Mike (Kerberos) Duarte

DeletedUser1260

kerberos, let me take this point for point please and I apologize that it took this long to answer this thread.
1. The reason troops disappear and are not assimilated is provisions of a village. A village has a limited amount of provisions depending on the build of said village. You have maxed out the provisions for Offensive troops as most people do, you support it from another village as most of us do.
Now the Defensive village disappears, you lose the provisions of that village and the village you are supporting don't have the provisions to hold them. Hence they are gone.
Good reason to use your tribe as additional support so your villages are covered. Teamwork like they are using to attack you then evens out the odds.
2. Moving to the tribe, should be done at the earliest time for this reason, not when you have so many incomming that they wipe you out. Keep what you have but prepare a fall out position, if your team mates are so far away. This is where smart recruiting comes in and a leader should be responsible enough to say, I m sorry the tribe is too far away we can not effeciently support you, but I can go on and on about that. That another whole conversation.
3. The using of troops from one village to another again comes down to provisions, could you image the bullies you are talking about now have 3 or 4 offensive villages in one village and being able to attack with them. What kind of an advantage would that give them then? No one would be safe.

I hope that this helps. If you still want to discuss this and if anyone wants to jump in all are welcome. Please just respect all things said in the thread and don't down grade anyone's thoughts on the subject. We all see things slightly different and that is what makes it interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You forget about morale. I'm ranked 11th on W9 with 570k points. If I attack anyone under 130k points, I attack with less than 100% morale. Morale makes it very very hard on top players to clear a low point player. IE, if I attack someone with 30k points, I attack at 32% strength. If the village I attack has a full D and trebs, It would cost me 5-8 nukes just to clear one simple village.

DeletedUser1260

Good point coldog, the late starter does have more of an advantage in defense then those that have started earlier in the game. That is why the attack penalty was put in place. It is there to protect smaller builders from the bigger players of the world. It is how the smaller player communicates his need to the tribe, how the tribe reacts to that need and how the leaders expect their tribe to react to the need.

DeletedUser

You can also dodge all attacks and snipe trains. Trains are really easy to snipe on here compared to TW1... 98% of players don't build cats with their nukes either...