• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Ambush & Customization

DeletedUser1182

Forgive me if someone already suggested this. But I think it would be a neat idea to have a ambush option. For example, if you see that you have incoming attacks, instead of trying to dodge them in an often narrow window, why not make an actual option for players to be able to defend their village(s) before the attack actually hits? Perhaps you could make a requirement for a certain amount of troops or resources before you can create an ambush. Or maybe create a whole new kind of unit that only specializes in the ambushing. I think this would be a fun idea. The only other unit I can think of comparing to an ambush unit would be the spy. You have to have enough resources to create additional spies, you could do the same thing with an ambush unit. Also, when you send out your spy units to another village, there is not guarantee that they will return and not be killed. The same could go for the ambush unit. The player would have to choose if he or she wanted to use the ambush option and risk wasting it on a fake attack. I think it would be a good addition to the game.
Also, why not create a customization option on certain buildings? In particular, the wall and statue. You wouldn't have to have a ton of options, but why not have a couple different kind of statues to choose from instead of everyone having the same one? And why not make the option of changing the color scheme of your wall? It would further individualize the players. And I think everyone would enjoy having that option.
Thanks for reading.
-alixa <3

DeletedUser1260

What do other's think of this idea?
I could see placing support in barbarians along the attack route to slow down or take out some of the troops before they hit the main target. This would give us an ambush position on the map and make people consider taking all their barbs over. Plus add more strategy on planning your attack path of a village.

Also about individualizing villages with color as a fan of the graphics, I don't know if the script as it is would support such options.

DeletedUser1272

As one of the suggestion by someone before.. showing the indicators of the attacker ... i mean.. since you already knew the attacker name and village the moment he launched the attack... maybe you could show the indicators of it as well (The route of the army + the current position of it)
Maybe you can like...... sending another offense army to ATTACK the incoming attacks .. technically that is more like a war aint it?
Or making that *Ambush* Can only be done with certain location or amount of units (The attacker will be defending itself with its DEF stats instead of ATK) this could also turn the game with hybrids village instead of pure ATK/DEF village

DeletedUser1260

The thing is sending an army out to ambush, offensively may also work but you would have to time that just right for them to meet and not miss each other in transit. I would think if we use the barbarians as ambush points along a route, we could then consider those as Offensive bash points because it is a surprise that they are there. This will give a definite point of reference for the ambush. Plus some paths between villages have no barbarians in the way, so this would also make you think in a province, where do I take my villages so I may ambush troops?

DeletedUser1272

that asides @ how about adding a new features where The INCOMING ATTACKS is not notified until they entered a certain radius of a certain units or buildings such as scouts or watchtowers/observation towers
i mean it aint logically 1st of all that you knows the enemy is heading to your village and even know when and which is the target the moment it get out of its town with the arrival time

DeletedUser1260

Ok sieghart that is off topic from the original purpose is, could you put it in it own thread to start a new suggestion, so that this thread can stay on topic please.
Thank you.

DeletedUser1182

I forgot my password and just realized that there were replies to this. But I thank you both for your input :)